Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results - 11/10/08

Guest Postie Pidge

DIVISION 3

St Day 1 - 3 Falmouth Athletic (H/T 0-1)

The importance of having a qualified referee

Foul throws

Goalkeeper picking up the ball from a defender's throw in

Being offside from a goal kick

Guest Dave Sobey

PERCY STEPHENS CUP

CONSTANTINE 2 PERRANPORTH 1 aet

DIVISION ONE

FALMOUTH ATH 1 MAWNAN 1

FALMOUTH TOWN 4 HOLMANS 4

HELSTON 0 CHACEWATER 9

MOUSEHOLE ST DAY NO RESULT

PENDEEN v FALMOUTH ALB OFF

PERRANWELL 4 ST KEVERNE 2

PENRYN 0 TRURO CITY 3

STITHIANS v ST AGNES OFF

DIVISION TWO

CULDROSE 3 PORT RANGERS 5

FROGPOOL 1 TROON 2

HAYLE 3 ROSUDGEON 2

MARAZION 2 LIZARD 1

MAWNAN 1 LANNER 0

WENDRON 0 MAWGAN 3

DIVISION THREE

CARHARRACK 3 CONSTANTINE 5

CURY 9 FROGPOOL 3

LIZARD v STITHIANS OFF

ROSUDGEON 1 TRISPEN 7

RUAN MINOR 2 HAYLE 2

ST DAY 1 FALMUTH ATH 3

Good result for us down at leafy Dracaena. One down after sloppy marking and mistake by keeper with the only attempt by Athletic in the 1st half, OG by Kev Morris I think,followed by nice sportsmanship by Toyer. Nice one!! We missed few chances 1st half and thought 2nd was scrappy with neither keeper having anything to do until Smudge scored with a header half way through then celebrated by the Mrs having a kid by the end of the England game, went into labour just after our game congrats mate!!

Ref watch....... :SM_carton: SHOCKER!!!

Quick mention for Nathan Mac who as improved massively since I played with him couple years ago, just needs pace now!

little bit annoyed by your post duncan gillette as there wasnt really a lot i could do about the goal after the keeper caught the ball then decided to fall over and drop it on the attackers foot, malcolm has also informed me that he got the final touch...... thankyou

My apologies Kevin my last wish is to cause you offence. I was merely going upon your own words when you said you got the final touch. I put no blame upon your shoulders as you were clearly just doing all you could to prevent the goal, unfortunately though you slotted it nicely in the bottom corner.

Frogpool 1 Troon 2

Should have been 4-1.

First goal got ruled out as I took a corner, it hit a tree hanging stupidly low to the ground (Not far off the crossbar), It went in... Disallowed. I think personally that is pathetic. If there are obstructions affecting play on a football pitch, surely they should be addressed? It this case, cut down?? :glare:

2nd goal that got disallowed, I was just near the half way line, pinged an awesome cross in (Doubt I'd ever do it again lol) Anyway, it looped right near the back post, Where Richie Ward rad in and finished superbly... Verdict - Offside? That was with 5 minutes to go.

Immediately after that, Literally a minute, I was onto a run into the box between the goal and right corner, had a shot, keeper done very well to save, unfortunately for him, he parried it directly into the path of Mikey Catteral.

Ref was good, few dodgy decisions. Its like football is no longer allowed to be physical tho which is a shame. A Daisy was a culprit for a few fouls :unsure:

gillo 10 Re nice sportsmanship by me! I thought somebody who has played at such a standard as you have, would have a footballing brain. or maybe even a brain would help. My manager told me to slow things down , if I have the ball at my feet it is up to YOUR forwards to make me pick the ball up. Your manager was shouting at your forwards to make me pick it up, Players could,nt here him because of your shouting. As for the Larry Marsh the referee most people know to accept his decisions and get on with the game, never known anyone win an argument with him during a game, both sides had decisions go for and against them fair result in the end . All the best for the rest of the season.

Toyer I have a footballing brain and I also have this weird thing about people playing within the spirit of the game. It was nothing to do with slowing the game down and you know it, was hardly heart pounding end to end stuff was it? You guys had just gone one up so you decided to walk along your area with the ball several times, fair enough holding onto it in the area for a little while but you went to far in my humble opinion. Yea the strikers could have closed you down just for you to pick it up and punt it upfield therefore wasting energy, which neither Greg or Damo at their mature ages can afford to do. Never seen a keeper do that for as long as you did before and think it was poor sportsmanship.

As for Brian Blessed or any other ref, never won an argument with any of them but when players are being kicked, punched, kicked on the floor, dived in on I would hope he would spot at least one of them. Also his primary concern is the safety of all players and supporters at the match which he did not do very well and then makes stupid comments when I have blood and a cut high on my shin from a tackle, that I know was not malicious, and the ball was on the floor. In his wisdom he gives a throw in. Therefore I will stick with my original opinion of SHOCKER!

Other than that well played and all the best fella

Sorry Gillo 10 may have got the wrong end of the stick. "players kicked, punched ,Kicked on the floor and slid in on. I,m pleased you saw that punch on Bushy as it was right up my end. Not one for mentioning any players name but It was a late challenge followed by a punch, but Bushy didnt retalliate just took it cleaned his cut cheek at half-time. Your same player also put in a few late challenges like you said, don,t suppose our players were all angels mind you. Thought Kev Morris played well, when he does,nt get involved off the ball he is a great player to have in the middle.

Can honestly say Kev i didnt see t'other Bushy get kicked or punched. If the player responible is who I think it is, with Bushy's clue then I was busy trying to cover him on his charge up field. If t'other Bushy did get kicked/punched surely this backs my previous statement regarding the ref? Our player did put in a foot on my man who then retaliated with a "subtle" jump into his calf for which he was punished.

Was actually refering to a full back of yours who having played footy with I personally think is good enough not to to try to kick Greg in the head or punch him and certainly not kick Smudge in the back while he is on the ground. Seems it was one each in score and one each from both sides trying to kick the other side. Apart from that, considering the ref, the local rivalry and top of the table clash, I thought it was a very well behaved match.

Bushy I was centre half with Prynner on Saturday. I might be a lot things but Ginger aint one of em!!!

Guest Mawnans no 9

1 Each was fair result at the end of the day we would have taken that before the game. Thought Gills played well for us and Joe P played well for Falmouth Ath, wasnt impressed with your attitude K.Toy your better then that time wasting etc, you know i havent got the legs to mess around closing you down now !

Good luck this season Ath its between us for title, chacewater are not that good, st keverne have had there one season wonder, helston dont make me laugh and truro haha give those kids some sweets and they will throw the game !

You boys have the league sown up between you then!!! Rest of us may as well hand it to you now then.....

think chace could have a say in the final placings even if we dont win it ourselves.

Funny old game foofball dont forget....