Cornwall Football Forum

Is he really on the way back to Falmouth Town?

I'm sorry to harp on about money Postie, but there are constant suggestions that the budget at Bickland is still quite competitive.

And if you actually look at this particular transfer, why should a player move from a club that is a title contender to one that at the moment, I'm sorry to say this, but is frankly going to need to improve to avoid the threat of relegation.

And travel a further 50-60 miles to do so!

That is why people associate the move with finance :wacko:

Guest Postie Pidge

First to dispell rumours, the budget at Falmouth isn't anything like what people say. There is a rumoured figure and the actual figure - both are different.

I'm not going to comment on this thread anymore but maybe there is more than money involved.....

Guest Postie Pidge

not sure how well it sould go down in the falmouth dressing room either?? wouldnt be great for team spirit.

So when a manager signs a new player, that is bad for team spirit?

I've been reliably informed that Brinton left because he got an offer he couldnt refuse, once again money rears its ugly head.

It is quite comforting to see that flashing your wallet doesnt bring u points, well done Clyst.

What happened to players playing for the love of the club, not the size of the packet???

Why is that comforting? Is every single team in the league not paying for players services? Do you rejoice everytime any side that pay lose? Must be very hard to keep up with, who do you support on a saturday afternoon if you dont support a side that pays? :blink:

Players get played to play, deal with it!!

Guest Postie Pidge

Then there is another theory that Brinton returns due to other, closer to the heart, reasons!

ECPL should know he writes about it every week in the Indy - that and swimming

Thank you Helena for clarifying the situation. Those 'reliably informed' of it being about money should question their source ( if they really have one ). We at Falmouth Town have welcomed Brinton back with delight and know his ability will shine on the pitch. Last season he swept the board in the trophy department (all except top goal scorer) and he is surely a catalyst that will attract players and supporters alike. A big shout out to the management in securing his place in the team !!!