Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread

Below are the games being played this weekend. When your match has finished can you help fill in the details. For the cup matches we only need scorers.

Cornwall Combination League

11th October 2008

Hayle Reserves (Chris Bullock) 1-4 Perranwell (J Blundell 2, J Harvey, O.G.)

Att - 40

Newquay Reserves (Tom Taylor) 1-2 Mullion (Nick Slade, Dan Stidwell)

Att - 41

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ollie Moody, Steve Owen, Rob Canarle) 3-4 Illogan RBL (Andy Cowper 2, Ryan Treloar, O.G.)

Att - 30

RNAS Culdrose 0-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (Bryn Wheeler, Darren Friend, Steve Keller)

Att - 10

St Day (Lee Duffield) 1-1 St Just (Chris Curnow)

Att - 40

St Ives Town (Darren Steadman 2, Andy Trathen) 3-1 Helston Athletic (Keith Jacka)

Att - 20

League Cup

Preliminary Round

Perranporth (Bryan Hawke 3, Kayne Trevaskis 2, Steve Rowson 2, Justin Andrew, Dean Harris) 9-0 Wendron CC United Reserves

Portreath (Duane Britton 2, Adam Nuciforo) 3-2 Holman SC (Andy Hill, Andy Freethy)

St Agnes 0-0 Porthleven Reserves

RNAS Culdrose 0 Falmouth Town 3 h/t 0-3

Crowd,when you take away the subs,manager & physios,was about ten

Bryn Wheeler had the first after Culdrose had dominated the opening fifteen including clipping a post.A free-kick on the edge of the box was the second and the third involved a good move.Culdrose worked hard but just could not hit the target.

Penryn res- 3

Illogan- 4 (og,Andy Cowper 2, Ryan Treloar)

(2-0 at half time!!)

crowd- 30

ref watch-same one from last weeks game against mullion and in that game he was good but today i thought some very poor decisions were made-especially Penryns pen, but still 3 pts for Illogan-Well done boys on the comeback!!! :c: :c:

ST AGNES 0 PORTHLEVEN 0

Great game at Enys Parc where the only difference in the sides was Danny Burrows who made 4 excellent 1 on 1 saves mostly from tom benney. Rob Robinson and Tom Wadsworth had efforts well saved by the Aggie keeper as the game ebbed and flowed from end to end. Strange Referee who I have never seen before gave some funny desicions and in his own words after Kev Richards had complained about his defender taking a throw in the wrong place "How can he not of heard me saying get back I'm the only one here with a northern voice.."

In all a fair result although Aggie did miss quite a few chances near the end of the game.

Crowd was about 60 ish

Superb weather..........

Newquay 1-2 Mullion

Very, very disappointing result again for Newquay. The first half ended all square after both teams squandered at least three goalscoring opportunities, the most spectacular being an open goal missed by a Mullion striker after a poor clearance from the Newquay goalkeeper.

The second half was a far better game to watch, Newquay took the lead when a long pass from Rob Hanley found Andy Harris, after driving towards the box, he squared the ball to Tom Taylor who slotted home from ten yards. Newquay should have closed the game down but managed to give away a goal when it would have appeared easier to clear their lines. Mullion went on to win the game amidst a controversial moment - the referee prevented the Mullion goalkeeper from taking his goal kick as Newquay wanted to make a substitution following an injury. Newquay's right back (Matt Darwent) left the field of play and was replaced by Nathan Prentice, who had at least 80 yards to run to take up his position. The referee allowed the goal kick to be taken, there were 12 Newquay players on the pitch and Nathan was trying to get into position. Mullion attacked the left wing (with Prento absent) and scored a late winner.

Fair play to the referee for admitting that he made a mistake, unfortunately that won't change any outcomes. Well done to Mullion for battling their way to an important three points.

Attendance - 41

Pasty's Man of the Match - Andy Harris

Guest blue203

Mitch will agree Referee was'nt at his best today. However how you think Newquay should of closed the game up was not the way we would of summed the game up. Mullion should of gone in at half time in front, Newquay were playing at home with just the one up front is not what we expected, how ever the result was well deserved and Mullion should of won by a greater margin. CTB Mullion goals Nick Slade and Dan Stidwell, Misses for Mullion to mant to mention.

I would like to thank the mouthy sub for Newquay who spent the whole of the first half giving the mullion linesman a hard time, (mate get a life !!!)

Good luck to the Newquay Lads for the season

portreath 3-2 holmans

portreath 2-0 up both goals scored by duane britton . andy hill pulled one back by half time . holmans equalised through adam freethy before adam nuciforo headed in the winner . a couple of good late saves from adam williams confirmed victory . crowd about 30

Below are the games being played this weekend. When your match has finished can you help fill in the details. For the cup matches we only need scorers.

Cornwall Combination League

11th October 2008

Hayle Reserves (Chris Bullock) 1-4 Perranwell (J Blundell 2, J Harvey, M Brewer

Att - 40

Newquay Reserves (Tom Taylor) 1-2 Mullion (Nick Slade, Dan Stidwell)

Att - 41

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ollie Moody, Steve Owen, Rob Canarle) 3-4 Illogan RBL (Andy Cowper 2, Ryan Treloar, O.G.)

Att - 30

RNAS Culdrose 0-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (???)

Att - 10

St Day (Lee Duffield) 1-1 St Just (???)

Att - 40

St Ives Town (Darren Steadman 2, Andy Trathen) 3-1 Helston Athletic (???)

Att - ???

League Cup

Preliminary Round

Perranporth (Bryan Hawke 3, Kayne Trevaskis 2, Steve Rowson 2, Justin Andrew, Dean Harris) 9-0 Wendron CC United Reserves

Portreath v Holman SC

St Agnes 0-0 Porthleven Reserves

"whats happened to Newquay ?".

Some of last years stars have progressed to a very strong first team squad and deservedly so.

There is a long term rebuilding plan in progress with last years under 18s manager taking the healm and bringing through some great local youngsters. It has been a dissapointing start but no-one has given them a real hammering and this is just the start.

The challenge will be to get the blend right and to provide adequate support to a first team squad who are going places.

Whilst frustrating for the likes of the myself who now fail the 'birth certificate' test and have no game to play on a saturday, I can see clearly the vision the club have and this could be foundations laid for a bright Newquay future.

portreaths result was a good win in a local derby and even better as portreath dont even train how good is that!!!!!!

a little bit harsh i think bundithegreat . all last season and the start of this season most of the first team trained every week then some bright spark decided to change the training night from thursday until wednesday knowing some members of the first team could not make wednesday nights. anyway this is a subject to discuss at a meeting not on a website. by the way good result on saturday.

Guest bundithegreat

i wasnt having a go at all i was saying how well your doing this year without having to train, i know we changed training to a wednesday night so 1 person could make training, but now we are lucky to see 3-4 first team members at training so should we not change it to thursday again so most of the team can make it, problem with leaving it to a meeting is its too late by then, this club need a shake up and soon!!!!!!!

Maybe that was my problem Gillo that I was actually a 'holding midfielder' but you imagined me to be playing at the back ! They say age takes you further back on the pitch until you find yourself watching from behind the goals one day.

Would gladly still be involved as just turned 34 but I guess I am forcing another Newquay youngster to look elsewhere if I kept my shirt. This was my testimonial year having signed in 99 when I moved down here and am a one club man (in cornwall at least !) so mixed emotions about stepping down.

Andy Harris is now providing the experience in midfield with a blend of youngsters in around the new 'old man'.