Cornwall Football Forum

referees

Guest man in black

Guest man in black

hello everyone.

being a referee in your leagues..

(not going to mention my name) :P wouid like to find out from you all who you think are good referees in your leagues, (all leagues in cornwall).

please i do not want to know any bad ones, (i dont think we are bad anyway) :lol:

i know there are a few plymouth referees now in cornwall, so please let us know :SM_carton_y: :SM_carton:

Well i watched Hayle at home vs Perranwell today and i was a thought at the time the ref was not very good!! But after thinking about it i would like to say that i do admire them to be in the middle and after every game ( unless you are a Ludgvan player !) ( well grace to find?????? sentiments no!) you cannot say the refs made the difference! lol But we all are our own ref's at every game?! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

But he did ref the game better than i could!! lol

Man in black - everyone has an opinion, however, I think that most of us know when it is not a good idea to make it public.

In most cases we respect our referees because we need them to be able to play week-in, week-out. That does not always mean we are going to agree with their decisions! Referees have good days and have bad days. If we do our job on the pitch then it shouldn't really make a great deal of difference to the result if the referee isn't at his best. Occasionally this does happen and we have to take the rough with the smooth, sometimes it goes in your favour and other times it doesn't - although you always seem to remember the times when it doesn't!

To be honest I bet most of us playing in the league don't know the names of the majority of referees anyhow. There have been plenty of threads on this forum that have generated lots of interest and discussion. The lack of response suggests that most people would rather talk about something else.

I am not sure what you have set out to achieve here, but I think you may be able to identify how most players feel about your performance at about 4.45 on a Saturday afternoon...

I think this has been raised before but at the Liskeard v Bodmin match the language from the Bodmin side was shocking. If that had been an ECPL match Bodmin would have ended with eight players And they shouted and moaned at each other like crazy. Not very nice

Why the difference?

not at all peppermint. just asking for peoples views, no harm in asking is there??

Once you use this site for a bit and read some of the posts made by players/managers/supporters you will come to realise that not many people have a good word to say about refs. So asking them to name the good refs will in turn lead to them naming the not so good ones, (in their opinion), then we have what we get every week and thread thats 40+ posts of people moaning about refs. And i think some people are getting bored of reading about refs :D :smiley20:

• 3 weeks later...

JTW the ref for the Perranporth v St Day Junior Cup game was Ian Roberts, not everyone will agree i'm sure but in my experience he has always had a very good game when reffing Perranporth (apart from one game at Penryn 5 years ago when he sent off Terry Ansell and Shaun Clements) :SM_carton:

Other good refs are Soccer Follower (pictured), Ken Keemer, Steve Rose, Charlie Philpott, G Rickard, Rigas Gatzianidis, Colin Spence and Andre (can't remember his surname) to name just a few :thumbsup:

In my opinion there are no bad referee's. they all do a job which quite frankly i doubt 99% of the players in any leagues could, would or should do.

A referee's job is a thankless task and one i (beleive it or not) actually have a lot of respect for, they provide us with their services (admitedly they get paid for it) on a saturday, and ultimatley enable us to participate in our hobbies. after all it is only a hobby isn't it.

Most of the referee's we (St Day) have had this season have been good, there have been some that have made some decisions that at the time we all thought was the wrong one but, all referee's give their decision as they see it. who's to say wether it is right or wrong, it is surley open to interpretation on the referee's part.

I am no saint (well i am a saint but not a holy one) and have remonstrated to ref's in the past, but this is ultimatley an evolution in the refereeing sense of respect for the men/women (see what i did there Anita) in black.

let's name them but not shame them, they are after all football fans just like us!!!!!!!!!!!.

Top ref's (in no particular order)

Ian Roberts, Ben Lugg, Porky, Soccer follower, Steve Rose, Colin Spence, Tim Burley, The list goes on etc etc.