Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results

Guest Postie Pidge

Great result tonight for Gilby and his first game in full charge of Bodmin. Well done mate.

And congratulations to Holsworthy also on their first league win.

But im intrigued to know more about the root of the problem at Witheridge so far this season after reading with interest during close season that they could be outside challengers for the league. They had a decent first season in SWPL (P) after a bad start and when they completed the double over us at St. Blazey, I expected them to strengthen further and be a strong force.

Havent seen any activity yet from their previously regular user of the forum, where are you? Shed some light on why the poor start again.

Lafs.

Well tonights game at Bodmin had pretty much everything

1) a pretty good ref for the first 45 mins

2) an absolutely shocking ref for the second half

3) Bodmin' s Flynn sent off for persistent whinging (surprise surprise)

4) Good to see the new Bodmin manager leading by example by being sent off from the bench,

5) a Bodmin penalty well saved by Chris Wearing, only for the ref to order it to be retaken, which they subsequently scored

6) a shocking tackle by Miller on Landricombe in the closing minutes, which should have been Towns 3rd red card

I woud probably say, on the balance of things, the Ashes deserved the win, and they certainly had enough chances to beat town, but hey it wasnt meant to be.

So are Town gonna keep their team intact, or are players going to follow Carey, only time will tell

Bodmins team spirit will keep them together Gilby has a tough job ,a good size crowd enjoyed the refs performance.All credit to the linesman for awarding the penalty for a cleer foul on Danny Ohagan .Dont think it should have been retaken,good luck to local lad Steve Simmonds who skippered the side tonight.

4) Good to see the new Bodmin manager leading by example by being sent off from the bench,

5) a Bodmin penalty well saved by Chris Wearing, only for the ref to order it to be retaken, which they subsequently scored

6) a shocking tackle by Miller on Landricombe in the closing minutes, which should have been Towns 3rd red card

I woud probably say, on the balance of things, the Ashes deserved the win, and they certainly had enough chances to beat town, but hey it wasnt meant to be.

So are Town gonna keep their team intact, or are players going to follow Carey, only time will tell

Anybody know why it was ordered to be retaken?

Mike Odgers . The correspondent is NORTH DEVON DWELLER yes he is around but not a happy chappie certainly not the chirpie chappie he was last season while the Tractor Boys went on a 12 match unbeaten run that elevated them to 9th place. After a poor start could mean another expensive Christmas for someone. Having still retained most of last seasons squad most of which have played at a higher level. :drink:

spot on couldnt have put it better myself Saltash were robbed and the referee had a shocking 2nd half as far as im concerned.

Well in answer to your last question i can tell you that i am 100% behind Daren Gilbert and the rest of the Bodmin Team,Its always good to hear to sides of the story,I was told that the ten men deserved the win, and a certain Saltash player was lucky to stay on the pitch,But simple facts are Saltash are dropping points!

Well in answer to your last question i can tell you that i am 100% behind Daren Gilbert and the rest of the Bodmin Team,Its always good to hear to sides of the story,I was told that the ten men deserved the win, and a certain Saltash player was lucky to stay on the pitch,But simple facts are Saltash are dropping points!

Dont really think its a problem, we've got more points than this time last year, and we are still in the vase, so must'nt grumble

Sorry for inactivity of late been very busy with work and other ventures.

So the question what is happening at my beloved Withy.

Well basically we lost our manager after only 3 games squad not playing badly but really struggling to find the back of the net. Example wednesday game at Holsworthy more than a dozen clear chances and 1 goal to Holsworthy's 3 chances and 2 goals. Not time to press the panic button yet as its stillearly doors. Im sure Withy will come strong and still finish around mid table come next spring.

• 2 months later...
Guest ECPL Supporter

Still 100% behind them????

Guest Postie Pidge

QUOTE(alan carey @ Oct 9 2008, 08:01 PM)

QUOTE(TimmyRaa @ Oct 8 2008, 11:03 PM)

Still 100% behind them????

What are you getting at?