Cornwall Football Forum

Premier League.

I have just been reading in total amazement.Every Premier League club,is in debt.

1.Man.Utd=£764m

2.Chelsea=£736m

3.Liverpool=£351m

4.Arsenal=£318m

5.Fulham=£182m

6.West Ham=£163m

7.Man.City=£103m

8.Middlesbro=£85m

9.Newcastle=£69m

10.A.Villa=£63m

11.Wigan=£54m

12.Bolton=£43m

13.Sunderland=£35m

14.Portsmouth=£31m

15.Everton=£26m

16.Blackburn=£20m

17.Spurs=£17m

18.Stoke=£7m

19.W.B.A.=£2.6m

20.Hull=£0.2m

Those figures are all open to change/review.. When is the Company's year-end and half year? The year-end is 30 June and the half year is 31 December, therefore most, if not all those figures would need substantially changing.

For instance your article says that Spurs are £17million in debt but it will have included in that the purchase of Luka Modric for £16million but won't be able to have took into account the £50million received for Berbatov & Keane and the other £20million to £30million received for Gardner, Kaboul, Tainio, Malbranque, Robinson, Young pyo lee, Chimbonda, Forecast etc etc..

My point is that although those figures are insightful, they may not be representative of the actual debts or lack of debt?.

Any money owed to anyone by a company is a debt. If you begin a company and start by putting in YOUR own money this is still considered a debt for the company. Thought Chelsea wanted to be self sufficient by 2010, made massive loss on Wright Philips and Sheva and owe all that, mmmm me thinks that won't be happening. Nice one Kenyon!

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!! :yahoo:

The post is Premier League debt.

Are Arsenal in debt at the moment.Answer.Yes.

The question is'nt how long it takes to pay it off.

Every club intends to get rid of their debt,over a period of time.

What if Arsenal fail to qualify for Europe.?

A lot of their money was expected from the Investment at the old libarary.

With the credit crunch,things are not progressing to well

somersetspur,

The Arsenal debt is being paid off from Premier League reciepts, the european gates dont even enter into the equation, that was part of the stipulation from Barclays.

The Highbury development has actually not sold as well, but as stated many times, which seems to be ignored, the funding from the sales of the development wont be entering Arsenal "FC" as such.

I know everyone likes a dig at their rival clubs etc, but i do find it hilarious when you cant even understand or care to read black and white. Research is a magnificent thing pal.