Cornwall Football Forum

More points deducted in Mining 1???

It has been well documented that we (Troon) have provisionally lost nine points, I have now heard Illogan RBL have lost another three?? Again not sure under what circumstances, I just hope it hasn't been as petty as ours, we have now appealed to the CCFA and will await our hearing on six out of the nine points deducted.

I guess people will reply "rules are rules" but hopefully when we attend I will speak for all our clubs in our league as I am quite passionate about this subjct, certain local football bodies must distinguish between "actual cheating and plain spelling mistakes" I feel if certain league committee's continue to punish clubs over minor admin irregularities this then weakens the whole structure of cornish football. You may ask why, well it's not just promotion that is effective it also relegation, cups and so on.

Holmans were severally punished last yeah on minor admin issue which costed their placed in Div 1, and Gulval keep thier position, so a whole season ruined by one surname mistake (he had played their all year), it just doesn't makes sense. How could they have been the weakest side becuase of a teamsheet error??? It really baffles me.

On the other flip side of the coin I also agree their is no place for cheating at any sport at any given level, an individual who is banned from playing or not even signed on for a club deserved to be punished which we have been, saying this it was a mistake we just actually thought he had signed.We have accepted this.

As a manager/player/supporter of local football which I am pround I have played at the highest level all I ask for is some clear heads and a new approach on the issues raised in the above statement. I just hope something prevails on our hearing and other teams benefit from like wise issues. :thumbsup:

Well said Reno Son - Regarding this farcical situation I had to assist David John Jolly in ensuring he spelt Rob McFadyen's name right on Saturday whilst filling in the teamsheet as he had originally put an "A". Would we also have been docked 3 points for such a inconsequential mistake. We'd be on minus points if Chinner filled it in every week!!

(We lost anyway cos we're crap but that's irrelevant!!)

Chris Allen is a Mincer

Guest THEROCK

Given the history of points being deducted for spelling mistakes, don't you think the person filling in the form should have been more careful????

Don't get me wrong, it all seems rather blown out of all proportion, but given the history, it makes the error even more inexcuseable

Exactly the rock, that's what we are trying to achieve here, some common sense and a level playing ground on a admin side, these mistakes happen every week, it's a fact. Your telling me that everyone losses points.... I really dont think anyone can believe that is true!!!! I am not having a go at all I am just being realistic.

one day they will sense i'm sure, but not until there are major changes above, they are being so petty but until the rules are changed on this they are not going to give in, we all need to take a stance on this issue for wrong spellings and go as a majority to one of their meetings to get things changed. Don't worry reno troon will win that league and get promoted a long way to go.

see you around mate

Guest THEROCK

Given that Troon are accepting a deduction of 3 points based on fielding an unregistered player (i think). Is it not possible / acceptable then, that the league were quite right to assume that when more "unrecognisable"names appear on the Troon teamsheet that these were unregistered too.

Again I will say that it seems an honest mistake has been made, but when you are punished for a "footballing crime" once, please expect to be scrutinised a little more closely.

I can hear your point "The Rock" would be good to know who you are though.

It wasn't even the league who found about the player not signed on, it got leaked to another club who have now admited they raised the query with the league, we haven't got a problem with this, it is was genuine mistake and he wasn't signed on, we got docked 3 points.

I guess if you deem Marles and Miles as very different pronunciations, but yes I also know that we should know our own players surnames. But you have to agree the rock it's all very petty.

Holmans were severally punished last yeah on minor admin issue which costed their placed in Div 1, and Gulval keep thier position, so a whole season ruined by one surname mistake (he had played their all year), it just doesn't makes sense. How could they have been the weakest side becuase of a teamsheet error??? It really baffles me.

:thumbsup:

Now now, you wouldn't let it lie.....Holmans were having a rubbish season, just like Gulval, and yet miraculously managed 2 wins on an aggregate score of 12-1 against top 4 teams (Trevenson and Spice) for their final games in their efforts to stay up. Ok, there was a points deduction for a technicality, but they also admitted to "bolstering" their team at the end of the season to ensure winning enough points to beat Gulval in the relegation battle. They didn't.

So "a whole season ruined by one surname mistake" and "how could they have been the weakest side" does not paint a completely true and balanced picture.

LONG LIVE GULVAL

Guest THEROCK

I can hear your point "The Rock" would be good to know who you are though.

It wasn't even the league who found about the player not signed on, it got leaked to another club who have now admited they raised the query with the league, we haven't got a problem with this, it is was genuine mistake and he wasn't signed on, we got docked 3 points.

I guess if you deem Marles and Miles as very different pronunciations, but yes I also know that we should know our own players surnames. But you have to agree the rock it's all very petty.

Hey look mate, I'm playing devils advocate really, it was obviously an innocent mistake that could unfortunately cost Troon very dear in the end. I am sure common sense will kick in and Troon will ultimately be ok. If nothing else, it's a good lesson for us all going forward. Good luck

The match in which we beat Trevenson 6-0 after the refereeing fiasco (and were docked a separate 3 points which I won't go into) was totally all 3rd team, bare bones, 47 year old Graham Jewell leading the line (no disrespect Jeweller). Cannot comment on the Spice game as I was not present.

Just wish WE could have a top striker willy nilly who would help us out for half a season sometimes.

No worries "The Rock" Thanks for your support will let you know how the appeal goes.

Mangle

I'm sure you have been around long enough!! a you cannot blame Holmans if they did bolster their side, nearly every team would do the same, the points they lost was down to a surname issue, thats the only point I was raising and he played for the thirds all year round. Quite unfortunate.

Can see all sides of the argument here BUT as riggins74 predicted would be said "rules are rules".. Fair enough, some people do have spelling difficulties and sometimes a name is easily spelt incorrectly, an "E" being used where an "A" should be etc etc. However The rule should remain in place and unchanged, the simple reason being that there are cheats out there that have used slight discrepancies in name spelling to get off with things in the past and I've no doubt more will do it in the future.

It all depends whether you're the team responsible for these discrepancies or the team on the receiving end of such practices. A club could easily have a player in the 1st team called "J, Michael" playing senior football each week and a not so good player in the reserves called "J, Michaels" playing junior football each week.

Then along comes a must win for the reserve team game and "J Michaels" suddenly has the game of his life but the manager/coach accidentally misses the "s" off the end of the end of his name and "J Michael" did not play for the first team that week for whatever reason. What would you think if you were the opposition or the pencil pusher at CCFA that deals with the necessary paperwork?.

How can you possibly differentiate between a spelling mistake and a team attempting to pull the wool over everybody's eyes when there are teams out there guilty of both??.

Cannot comment on the Spice game as I was not present. .

Surely you'd still know what went on though??. :unsure:

Our reserves were deducted 6 points last season for spelling mistakes which stopped them gaining promotion, we accepted it and now I make sure I check every team sheet.

I think you will find it is not a conspiracy against Troon but its applied to everyone if you do go to combination the penalties are even more severe for bad paperwork.

Just wish WE could have a top striker willy nilly who would help us out for half a season sometimes.

Surely you're not talking about GULVAL here Gareth?. Which top striker do we have helping us out for half a season?. You can't be talking about Jowan May or Darren Steadman because they are Gulval players mate, we just loan them out to help out the senior teams for half a season. Think you'll find that we've helped Penzance out, Mousehole out, Porthleven out. We're a good little club for that. ;)

Well spotted Coopsie, I would associate Jowan with Gulval above anyone else, just a good allie to have in your ranks. As for the Spice game maybe a couple of 2nd teamers up front to help us at a guess,

We're getting off the original subject now - if you can't spell don't fill in team sheets!!!

Mangle

I'm sure you have been around long enough!! a you cannot blame Holmans if they did bolster their side, nearly every team would do the same, the points they lost was down to a surname issue, thats the only point I was raising and he played for the thirds all year round. Quite unfortunate.

I have been around long enough thanks! I still take issue with your point. I do not “blame” Holmans for bolstering their team. If it is within the rules, fair play. We would have done the same. You really want to read my posts from the time. My disagreement with your point here is about their relegation being down to paperwork issues and docked points, and them not being a weak team. I disagree. They were crap, like us, and they deserved to be at the bottom, like us. It may have been that the final nail in their coffin was an unfortunate paperwork issue at the end of the day, but if they were not such a weak team, they would not have been fighting relegation anyway.

Well spotted Coopsie, I would associate Jowan with Gulval above anyone else, just a good allie to have in your ranks.

We're getting off the original subject now - if you can't spell don't fill in team sheets!!!

Agree with both points bud. :thumbsup:

good2see Liddicoat family back@that club....coopsy!!!!

Well two of them mate :yahoo: .. Jay and Jack.. You just don't understand how bloody addictive our super little club is. Players may well turn out for other teams every now and again, and some at very good senior teams BUT their heart will always be at Gulval mate. ;) :c:

Yea Coops you do have a nice little club there shame really that u never got the chance to moveon to senior footy when you had a really good team a few years back...i know my brother would have loved to have turned out for u's in the Combo....but eh glad he's back with the magical yellow & black machine!!!!

Guest chinner

as bruce forsyth used to say points equal prizes,so maybe the way the league is being run there might not be many prizes to hand out come the end of the season,NICE TO SEE YOU TO SEE YOU NICE,it could be the first year in history mining 1 champions win it on zero points.this needs to be sorted and sorted soon.goodluck to trooooooooon,(couldnt resist sorry)

It has been well documented that we (Troon) have provisionally lost nine points, I have now heard Illogan RBL have lost another three?? Again not sure under what circumstances, I just hope it hasn't been as petty as ours, we have now appealed to the CCFA and will await our hearing on six out of the nine points deducted.

I guess people will reply "rules are rules" but hopefully when we attend I will speak for all our clubs in our league as I am quite passionate about this subjct, certain local football bodies must distinguish between "actual cheating and plain spelling mistakes" I feel if certain league committee's continue to punish clubs over minor admin irregularities this then weakens the whole structure of cornish football. You may ask why, well it's not just promotion that is effective it also relegation, cups and so on.

On the other flip side of the coin I also agree their is no place for cheating at any sport at any given level, an individual who is banned from playing or not even signed on for a club deserved to be punished which we have been, saying this it was a mistake we just actually thought he had signed.We have accepted this.

As a manager/player/supporter of local football which I am pround I have played at the highest level all I ask for is some clear heads and a new approach on the issues raised in the above statement. I just hope something prevails on our hearing and other teams benefit from like wise issues. :thumbsup:

RIGGINS74, WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR APPEAL GETS REJECTED TO OVER TURN THE POINTS, WILL YOU INCUR A FURTHER POINT LOSS BECAUSE OF IT OR GET A FINE? JUST THINKING ALONG THE LINES OF WHEN YOU APPEAL TO OVER TURN A SUSPENSION AND IT GETS TURNED DOWN YOU RECIEVE A FURHTER BAN. DIFFERENT I KNOW BUT JUST WONDERED.

GOOD LUCK WITHT HE HEARING HOPE IT GOES WELL, HAVE TO AGREE WITH SOME OF THE COMMENTS POSTED ON HEAR BUT ALSO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

Yea Coops you do have a nice little club there shame really that u never got the chance to moveon to senior footy when you had a really good team a few years back...i know my brother would have loved to have turned out for u's in the Combo....but eh glad he's back with the magical yellow & black machine!!!!

Agree totally Shane mate, would have been extremely nice to make the step up when we had that squad 4 or 5 years ago. We would have EASILY held our own in the combo and your bro would have been pi**ing off many senior players with his no nonsense style ;) .. It must however, be nice for you to be playing footy with him again and I bet he's just as happy in the yellow and black of Pendeen as he was in the orange and black of Gulval. Enjoy the rest of your season mate and no offence but I hope your reserve team take a beating on saturday afternoon :unsure:

COMPLETELEY DIFFERENT LEAGUE BUT I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO HEAR IT, I RECIEVED A LETTER LAST WEEK FROM THE MINING LEAGUE SAYING WE (PENDEEN ROVERS) HAD BEEN DEDUCTED 6 POINTS AND INCURRED £30 FINES FOR PLAYING AN UNREGISTERED PLAYER (KYLE PEARCE), THEY SENT THE TEAM SHEET'S WITH HIS NAME ON, WHEN I CHECKED HE HAD SIGNED ON AT THE BEGGINING OF THE SEASON! I PHONED GEORGE UP AND SAID HE WAS SIGNED ON AND I WAS LOOKING AT THE RETURNED STUB RIGHT NOW HE SAID HE HAD A LIAM PEARCE BUT NOT KYLE, REGISTERED & SAID IT WAS PROBABLY A MISTAKE ON THEIR PART (OBVIOUSLY THEY CANT ARGUE IT IF I HAVE THE RETURNED STUB) STILL WAITING TO HEAR WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN AS THE BLOKE THAT DEALS WITH IT WAS ON HOLIDAY! HOPEFULLY WON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE C.C.F.A AGAIN!!!

WHAT ANNOYS ME IS LAST YEAR PENDEEN WERE KICKED OUT OF THE ARTHUR PEARCE CUP FOR A SIMPLE SPELLING MISTAKE ON THE TEAM SHEET, I DARE SAY THEY WILL OFFICIALLY ACKOWLEDGE THEIR MISTAKE AS I SAID THEY CAN'T REALLY ARGUE IT BUT IT'S NOT THE POINT, I HAVE ENOUGH TO DO WITHOUT CHASING THEM UP FOR THERE MISTAKES ALSO DO THESE LEAGUES NOT UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH JUNIOR CLUB'S ARE STRUGGLING FINANCIALLY, THE PETTY FINES HEAR AND THERE IT'S MIND BOGGLING IT REALLY IS! FUNNILY ENOUGH NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE FALMOUTH HELSTON LEAGUE, FUNNY THAT IS'NT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest THEROCK

It's nice to see a few of you out there agree with what I said yesterday. There are obviously lots of examples out there of points being deducted for spelling mistakes. Therefore team sheet people....get it right!!!! Make sure you spell the names correctly....there really can be no excuses....a harsh lesson for Troon but that's life i'm afraid. A lot of effort and money has gone into Troon's season, only possibly to be ruined by a mistake that is inexcuseable in my opinion.

It's nice to see a few of you out there agree with what I said yesterday. There are obviously lots of examples out there of points being deducted for spelling mistakes. Therefore team sheet people....get it right!!!! Make sure you spell the names correctly....there really can be no excuses....a harsh lesson for Troon but that's life i'm afraid. A lot of effort and money has gone into Troon's season, only possibly to be ruined by a mistake that is inexcuseable in my opinion.

Common sense personified, well done THE ROCK :clapper::thumbsup: :c:

Guest chinner

I REALLY THINK ITS TIME THE CLUBS TOOK A STANCE AGAINST THE MINING LEAGUE,IN MY EYES THERE WATCHING TO MUCH SKY SPORTS NEWS,PEOPLE AND CLUBS OUR JUST BEING FINED WILLY NILLY ,ITS GETTING STUPID.I KNOW FOR A FACT A LOT OF CLUBS OUT THERE OUR STRUGGLING TO COVER COSTS NOW LET ALONE WORRYING ABOUT PAYING FINES ETC.SOON ENOUGH MARK MY WORDS WE WILL HAVE CLUBS PULLING OUT THE LEAGUES BECAUSE OF THIS,WHERES IT ALL GOING TO END.I THINK THEY NEED A RETHINK AND SOON,I KNOW THERE NEEDS TO BE RULES TO STOP CHEATING BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY MOST OF US JUST WANT A GAME OF FOOTBALL EVERY WEEK FOLLOWED BY A FEW BEERS,THATS WHAT JUNIOR FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT AT THE END OF THE DAY,NOT SPELLING TESTS!!!!!!!!!

Simple, all those clubs unsure about spelling etc should get their players to write their OWN name on the team sheet. Then there would be absolutely no spelling mistakes and nothing to worry about. Unless you're playing a ringer and that ringer can't spell the name of the person whos name he's playing under, in which case, hahahaha, serves you right.

Yeah well done Chinner!!! I'm still struggling with some of the responses on here though, yes we live in a democratic world with equal rights and for people to have an open debate, (I guess that's why it's called a forum).

BUT people are missing a huge point we are not pen pushers, we are junior football clubs,mistakes are made at this level off and on the pitch, do clubs get fined for not marking the pitch ? not the correct length? not enough flags? players being drunk from the night before? Yes random points guys i know, but the list is endless, please digest my issues here, all these do happen in junior football, so you can understand how some people feel that a spelling mistake is really the least of our worries.

Some clubs dont have the resources at times so it's left to managers or whoever to carry the burden of doing admin work, running a club is hard enough let alone anything else, how many times have I said this!!! it's all about commone sense on the mistake that has been made by the club.

, so you can understand how some people feel that a spelling mistake is really the least of our worries. .

So get each player to write their own name on the team sheet before or after the game, there would be no spelling mistakes and it would take each player 5 seconds for gods sake. Not really going to get in the way of anything is it?.

........BUT people are missing a huge point we are not pen pushers, we are junior football clubs,mistakes are made at this level off and on the pitch...............

Some clubs dont have the resources at times so it's left to managers or whoever to carry the burden of doing admin work, running a club is hard enough let alone anything else, how many times have I said this!!! it's all about commone sense on the mistake that has been made by the club.

You probably will not get the point I am making in the way I am making it, but hey ho.

Common sense should prevail. However, if there is a rule in place, why not stick to it. You are allowed to appeal, and should the grounds for the appeal be strong, then it should go in your favour.

Why are rules made? Basically, so that we all compete on an even playing field. People trying to operate outside the rules could be considered to be cheating. Surley nobody is willing to admit to wanting to win matches by blatant (or otherwise) cheating? We probably all agree on that. However, my experience tells me that cheating is evident on a widescale basis. From the fact that linesmen used at our level cheat consistently, to paperwork issues.

It is crap that we are discussing things like spelling mistakes costing clubs points, but, if we say something like, "lets ignore the teamsheets and spelling errors", it opens the doors to the guys who want to cheat, makes it slightly easier for them.

Although you are claiming to have made a honest mistake, I feel comforted by the fact that somebody is taking the time to check the teamsheets to see if they can catch out those who are not making honest mistakes.

All this forgets the fact that when you fill out out your team sheet, you can add players names who are registered even if they did not appear on the day. Who is to know? You can't expect every referee or opposing player to know the other team and all their names, so the whole system is open to abuse anyway.

Finally, if you do not have the time to run the club, the admin etc etc, don't. Nobody is holding a gun against your head telling you to do it. However, look for support from your players if you do, or support the poor bastard that is doing it for you!

I REALLY THINK ITS TIME THE CLUBS TOOK A STANCE AGAINST THE MINING LEAGUE,IN MY EYES THERE WATCHING TO MUCH SKY SPORTS NEWS,PEOPLE AND CLUBS OUR JUST BEING FINED WILLY NILLY ,ITS GETTING STUPID.I KNOW FOR A FACT A LOT OF CLUBS OUT THERE OUR STRUGGLING TO COVER COSTS NOW LET ALONE WORRYING ABOUT PAYING FINES ETC.SOON ENOUGH MARK MY WORDS WE WILL HAVE CLUBS PULLING OUT THE LEAGUES BECAUSE OF THIS,WHERES IT ALL GOING TO END.I THINK THEY NEED A RETHINK AND SOON,I KNOW THERE NEEDS TO BE RULES TO STOP CHEATING BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY MOST OF US JUST WANT A GAME OF FOOTBALL EVERY WEEK FOLLOWED BY A FEW BEERS,THATS WHAT JUNIOR FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT AT THE END OF THE DAY,NOT SPELLING TESTS!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY THINK IT'S TIME THE CLUBS TOOK A STANCE AGAINST THE MINING LEAGUE,IN MY EYES THEY'RE WATCHING TOO MUCH SKY SPORTS NEWS,PEOPLE AND CLUBS ARE JUST BEING FINED WILLY NILLY ,IT'S GETTING STUPID.I KNOW FOR A FACT A LOT OF CLUBS OUT THERE ARE STRUGGLING TO COVER COSTS NOW LET ALONE WORRYING ABOUT PAYING FINES ETC.SOON ENOUGH MARK MY WORDS WE WILL HAVE CLUBS PULLING OUT THE LEAGUES BECAUSE OF THIS,WHERE'S IT ALL GOING TO END.I THINK THEY NEED A RETHINK AND SOON,I KNOW THERE NEEDS TO BE RULES TO STOP CHEATING BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY MOST OF US JUST WANT A GAME OF FOOTBALL EVERY WEEK FOLLOWED BY A FEW BEERS,THAT'S WHAT JUNIOR FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT AT THE END OF THE DAY,NOT SPELLING TESTS!!!!!!!!!

Quite right, but make sure you don't go anywhere near the teamsheet mate.

Well done Mangle! What a thoroughly pedantic chump you seem to be.

It seems blinding obvious to me that it's individuals like yourself that would cause these minor discrepancies to escalate into point deductions.

Thank god you're not checking teamsheets every week.

It seems blinding obvious to me that it's individuals like yourself that would cause these minor discrepancies to escalate into point deductions.

I think you'll find that should be a capital G for God. Ha ha.

I did say that you would probably not get the point I was making in the way I was trying to make it. Looks like I was right. I suppose I am not very good at putting my message across.

Perhaps I should have said, right, we all know the present system is crap and unworkable and results in stupid point deductions for people who can't spell, please tell us what all the fixes are so that we have a fair and even system.

Should we forget (turn a blind eye) to spelling mistakes? How do we know it's a spelling mistake and not a different name? How many letters should we allow to be wrong before we consider it such a bad spelling error that points must be deducted?

I also said "common sense should prevail", meaning Troon should be able to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that it was an honest mistake and should go unpunished. Just like Holmans should have been able to last year.

Hopefully you can understand my point a little better now (maybe I made it even worse). I am all for rules being made for good reason, and for somebody to be enforcing the rules when they appear to have been broken. I am also for common sense.

End of the day there is a rule in place, yes it's petty to be deducted points for breaking it but that's the way it is Im afraid. You cannot appeal the amount of points on your license for doing 31 mph in a 30 zone, it's petty and ridiculous but that's the way it is.

Crystal Hood, what has being payed got to do with anything? Like Coopsie says why not have a sheet of paper in the changing room, before the gaffer starts his preperations for the game it goes round everyone writes there name clearly and it's then handed to the chap/chapess who fills in the official sheet, simple.

Delegation mate, get someone to do subs, someone else fines, someone else kit and all to write their name on a piece of paper before hand resulting in very little chasing around for yourself.

SIMPLE :thumbsup:

ALL THIS AS WELL AS CHASING THE REFEREE (BECAUSE HE WONT SIGN IT UNTIL YOU HAVE PUT THE NAMES ON) CHASING THE OPPONENTS FOR A SIGNITURE AND COLLECTING SUBS AND YOUR SAYING CHASE WHAT COULD BE UP TO 14 MEN TO WRITE THEIR NAME ON A PIECE OF PAPER!!

So the players put their name on the team sheet BEFORE the game once the team has been announced and the team talk is taking place. It's only a matter of passing around a 6 inch piece of paper and a pen for God's sake and it would only be 11 men putting their name on the team sheet because you obviously wouldn't know which, if any, subs are likely to get on during the game.

Why on earth would that be such an inconvenience?. Surely each player can spare 5 seconds out of their hectic schedule to ensure that their name is correctly written down and therefore reducing your chance of being punished by the powers that be for a completely avoidable offence?. Then that would leave you with even more time after the game to do all that arduous and time consuming stuff like getting TWO SIGNATURES and COLLECTING SUBS. Christ, perhaps with such a burden you should think about hiring a PA or a secretary to lighten the load a little?? :rolleyes:

Why do you "Thank God" that Mangle is not the one checking your team sheet every week??. Would you not be able to get away with so much??. ;)

Noobody wants any team to be deducted points unless that is the only way they can realistically gain during thier season. (my way of saying I wouldn't wish this on any club). However, like said previously in this thread our second team were docked 6 points for the "Spelling Mistakes" made by the manager at the time, and consequently missed out on promotion by 1 point. They just had to accept that at present these are the rules. This is not a case of one club being singled out!

I agree that the rule is a little stringent (well.... dodgy, questionable etc), and I also agree that it is a good thing that at least the team sheets are checked, that does fill you with more confidence in battling cheats. There is a strong case for clearing up exactly what could pass on a team sheet and what should not. My only worry is that if this is done during the season then this could cause problems for the Mining League as a whole.

Good luck to all the clubs involved with points issues.

Absolootly that was the hole reeson I cayme on hear and sed my peace.

Now that's funny, good on you Gareth :clapper:

I still stand by what I said though and Mangle is also spot on and so is anybody else that has no issue with the rule. At the end of the day it's nothing at all to ensure that a team sheet is correctly filled out.. Tell me something, those of you that do have an issue with the rule, did you have one with it before you got stung by it??. Somehow I doubt it...

On a similar note, because we're talking about rules that some people consider to be out of order, I have a question for you... Don't you think it's REALLY out of order that one day a scientist/specialist discovered that certain people suffer with spelling problems and letter recognition etc, then in his/her hour of wisdom decided to call this condition DYSLEXIA :o .. How mean is that?. Talk about rubbing it in :(

I'm actually training to be a dyslexia assessor, and the difficulties that occur in the brain due to the condition are quite amazing. When I finish the qualification perhaps I could work for the Mining League and screen anyone that incorrectly fills out a team sheet?????

If they are found to be low risk of having dyslexia then the club lose points, if they are high risk then the matter would go to appeal with a strong case!

I'm actually training to be a dyslexia assessor, and the difficulties that occur in the brain due to the condition are quite amazing. When I finish the qualification perhaps I could work for the Mining League and screen anyone that incorrectly fills out a team sheet?????

If they are found to be low risk of having dyslexia then the club lose points, if they are high risk then the matter would go to appeal with a strong case!

NO WAY Fatso, that makes way too much sense to hold any weight down here ;)

Just moving this one on slightly .......still involves names etc .

Why do the Mining League have registrations / transfers / reinstatements etc going to one person and the teamsheets to someone else ???

How can that work to perfection ???

If a team signs a player on a Friday / Saturday morning and play him in the afternoon and name him on their teamsheet ( quite correctly ) does the results secretary know who is and isn`t registered all the time ??

How often does he get an updated list of names from the registration secretary ......or do they phone each other EVERY time a signing takes place ??

Seems to be a loophole that needs to be closed .........should the 2 jobs be undertaken by the same person...so that he has ALL the imformation in front of him ??

Just something to ponder guys ;);) ;)

zebedee.

They use the phone,i have registered players on a Saturday morning with Chris Coombes, & never had a problem with George. Also had points deducted for the same reason as being talked about here.(You learn eventually)

All the secretary has to do is give the managers a list of registered players.He keeps that in his notebook /folder , and away you go. Instant access to all the names you need spelt correctly .

Why not give the teamsheet to the club secretay to go over before it's sent in.?