Cornwall Football Forum

ENGLISH TEAMS IN THE UEFA CUP

Coopsie

UEFA cup draw has taken place and there's some topugh games for our countries domestic teams. Who do you think will struggle??, who'll go through with ease??, who's your choice to win the cup??.

Group A

Schalke

PSG

Manchester City

Racing Santander

FC Twente

Group B

Benfica

Olympiacos

Galatasaray

Hertha BSC Berlin

Metalist Kharkiv

Group C

Sevilla

Stuttgart

Sampdoria

Partizan

Standard de Liege

Group D

Tottenham

Spartak Moscow

Udinese

Dinamo Zagreb

NEC Nijmegan

Group E

Milan

Heererveen

Braga

Portsmouth

Wolfsburg

Group F

Hamburg

Ajax

Slavia

Aston Villa

MSK Zilina

What is the point in the UEFA cup group stage? I think it has made a mockery of the competetion. I dont see the point in having groups of 5,playing each team once, with two games both home and away. It should be like the champions league (play every team home and away) or like the world cup (play each team once at a nuetral venue) or even better, ditch the group stage and go back to the original knock-out format throughout the comp! Also at the end of the group stage theyre are still 32 teams left in!!!

The UEFA cup has always been second to the European Cup but it was always a great competition to win. It just isnt the same anymore. Thats what i think anyway! :c:

The Uefa Cup has gone crap, since they introduced the group stage, the excitement of potentially being knocked out on a night gave it excitement.

European football now looks after those in the Champs League. Liverpool have come up against the same opposition quite a few times now!! so its getting a bit repetitive to be honest with you.

Still, I got my ticket for the Athletico Madrid game this morning!!