Cornwall Football Forum

Best and Worst Keepers in Combo

No not at all iamthebest, i love jamie very much on and off the field, and on his day he's a very good keeper. its his consistency thats the problem.

& this is the 1st i have herd of him leaving for truro 2nds, and probably the last, as i know that he is happy at wendron. but if he go's, then the best of luck to him, the potential to be a great keeper once consistent :clapper: <_<

Here we go again!!!!!!!

This topic has and always will be irrevelant, keepers will always make mistakes no matter what level of football you play at. Your so called poorer keepers are the ones that do not respond well to criticism and lack confidence and this is normally rife in young Goalkeepers, Consistency and form over the season or a good length of time should be the way that keepers are judged, If a keeper as a bad day in the office its then up to the individual to pick themselves up and put it right in training and bounce back the following matchday. Good keepers will do this and this is more frequent in maturer keepers who have experienced these situations in there younger days, Also Older keepers can take criticism better than younger keepers and this will have a huge impact on there so called performances. ANY BODY CAN GO IN GOAL AND HAVE A GOOD MATCH BY SAVING A FEW HERE AND THEREBut is it fair to say they are a good keeper.

I take my hat off to all keepers no matter what standard they play because there mistakes are highlighted more than other team players but its the ones who bounce back from poor performances and turn up on the following training sessions and matchdays to try and rectify problems, these are true good keepers.

Guest Peppermint

A great posting by Monty - it does seem a little unfair to single out so called worst keepers in the League. It is all subjective and when people have seen a particular keeper so it might be alright to name who you think is the best keeper because we would probably have several keepers mentioned but it does not seem very fair to mention worst keepers because as Monty states every keeper makes an odd mistake and it is more obvious than an outfield player.

Guest safehands

Here we go again!!!!!!!

This topic has and always will be irrevelant, keepers will always make mistakes no matter what level of football you play at. Your so called poorer keepers are the ones that do not respond well to criticism and lack confidence and this is normally rife in young Goalkeepers, Consistency and form over the season or a good length of time should be the way that keepers are judged, If a keeper as a bad day in the office its then up to the individual to pick themselves up and put it right in training and bounce back the following matchday. Good keepers will do this and this is more frequent in maturer keepers who have experienced these situations in there younger days, Also Older keepers can take criticism better than younger keepers and this will have a huge impact on there so called performances. ANY BODY CAN GO IN GOAL AND HAVE A GOOD MATCH BY SAVING A FEW HERE AND THEREBut is it fair to say they are a good keeper.

I take my hat off to all keepers no matter what standard they play because there mistakes are highlighted more than other team players but its the ones who bounce back from poor performances and turn up on the following training sessions and matchdays to try and rectify problems, these are true good keepers.

great reply . 100% agreed to all this !!

Would totally agree with you Darren, played with Alan for many years and managed him, slightly biased I know all, young keepers should to lookup to Alan as he has performed consistently for many years at a good level.Andy Buther and Winno also stand out for me, also Barry Wyatt has the potential to do really well for himself

Well if young Barry Wyatt is anything like his late father both on and off the pitch he will be a top man! John played in Perranwells under 18 team with me years ago and one of the best ever! Sorry to divert this topic but i wanted to say that!! Never forgotten :c:

And i don't think you should even put on here worst goalkeepers or even worst anything really!! Come on we are playing local football and would you want to go on the pitch on saturday if you were one of the worst whichever position you play?!! Come on guys ( and dolls ) don't slag off individuals in public.

Guest Postie Pidge

i agree with the bush bros chris page the worst ever but pidgeon did play combo last week not the best

Clean sheet (albeit for 20 mins)

Guest Andrei Kanchelskis

Well being a goalkeeper myself and a trainer I have to agree that my vote goes to Andy Butcher being the best in the league. His all round game is consistant and we all know he could/should be playing a higher standard but I know he was jealous of my amazing save last week with my head!

• 2 weeks later...

If he is starting to come up trumps after such bad press at the beginning of the season then why move, My advice is to stay put if he is playing well and build his confidence up and learn from Winno.