Cornwall Football Forum

REFS!!!

I'm sorry but i have had enough already this season!!!!! yeh i no, here we go again slagging the man in black off....but am i the only one who has noticed that the standard of reffing this season so far is well to be blunt...b*****ks!!!!!!! & if i hear another ref come up to me after the game & say sorry i made a mistake, i'm going to scream at him & prob get it sent off!!! but what do you all think? am i just being silly or have i got a point!!!! i now refs have a hard time & have a hard job to do but if you don't get the basics right from the off, you are in trouble

Yaaaaaaaaaawn. Look, I'm the same as everybody else and yell at refs probably every week. However, the game is so full of cheats that the referees job is virtually impossible. They will NEVER be able to get EVERY decision correct during the course of one game. Look at all the off-side calls, hand-ball shouts, fouls, "our throw", CORNER!!! and so on and so on. If there was a little more honesty with players, for example, "ref, the ball hit me and therefore is a corner", he may have half a chance of getting some more things right.

Face it, get your players playing football, get them to be honest, and YOUR performances will be why YOU win and lose, not the ref's performance.

Guest Dermot

Well said `Mangle`you only have to look at the Birmingham striker who handled the ball in yesterday to see the problems Refs face. ;0( :SM_carton:

Guest ECPL Supporter

Fair play to the refs who admit they made a mistake, we all make em!! If a manager made a mistake in his team selection, or a player had a mare and made lots of mistakes in the game, do you think they'd appreciate the ref shouting and balling at them telling them how crap they were?

Without refs, we simply would not have anything better to do on a saturday afternoon than simply sit down the pub with a beer in hand!

Some of the refs we've had this season have been shocking to say the least, but would you like to do it?

I shout and refs when a decision has gone against myself or my team... but I am always quick to apologise. Its frustration.

I've only ever had one booking since pulling my boots on for the first time, 2 seasons ago for Portreath. I didn't hear the whistle, carried on running and scored (It was amazing) lol! But I aplogised, he realised I didn't hear, and it never got sent in!

Its a hard job to do, simply one I couldn't do!

Like I said, without them, good or not, we wouldn't play football!!

any refs on here got anythin to say about it? Not fair people moaning about them

This forum has been like bash the ref in recent weeks, so credit where its due. I watched Gwinear V Constantine yesterday. Driving rain and wind difficult conditions to play, lots of mistakes made by the players. Best performance of the day - The ref. Made all the right decisions including a penalty and kept control allowing for the conditions.

Well done, and no I'm not a ref.

I personally haven't got a bad word to say about Refs. They give up there saturday to do something that (lets be honest) they can't really enjoy doing? Just so we can play!!

Hi Green & White, i guess your blaming the ref for your defeat yesterday? Would be interested to know what things you think he got wrong, because i thought he had a decent game especially considering the terrible conditions and don't think he could be faulted for any of the goals you let in.

Funny how people see different things!

The game was played in good spirit with hardly a bad tackle from either side and a credit to both clubs. In my view we deserved our victory and although you looked usefull going forward, your poor defending and goalkeeping seemed to be the reason for your defeat.

Should of popped in the social for a pint after, we could of had a chat about it. :c:

Good luck in your league fixtures.

WELL SAID PHIL ,MUST SAY THE REF AT THE FROGPOOL V TRISPEN GAME WAS VERY GOOD INFACT I THINK EVERY PLAYER AND MANAGER SHOULD TAKE THE REFS COURSE AND HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE GAME. IT'S AN EASY OPTION TO BLAME THE REF EVERY WEEK.

Prisky, I feel your pain but I have to say that you are wrong to point fingers mate.

Junior football means mistakes. Players, Managers and officials. The higher you go generally the mistakes get less but even at the top there are bloomers made every week.

Suck it up and let it help you grow as a Manager.

We would be skittled without them!

like every1 else, i moan at the ref nearly every week, it happens, not all the decisions he makes are right but his is the only 1 that can make them.

i wouldn't say the standard of referees are droppin, the job they do is difficult enough, and there aren't exactly a lot of refs as it is, they all do a good job and like players who make bad passes, make mistakes, its a way of life, no 1 is perfect.

i take my hat off to all the men in black who turn up on a saturday and keep us playing :clapper:

oh and im not a ref

Refs do have a hard job to do!! but whilst everyone goes on the whole thing about "without them we wouldn't have a game" yeah you're right, but also the refs have a choice! if they don't want to do it, then don't, so don't say that they're made to do it. The majority seem to enjoy it. I know of one particular ref who is so chuffing miserable when he does it, you wonder why he bothers, I've had him on a Sunday morning, tried to make a joke about the standard of the football being played, and he told me to shut up, he was doing a job!!!

Referee's referee because they want to, not because they're made to. Same as players really, some make mistakes and have bad games and some have good games!

But also whilst we're at it, referee's are untouchable and never have any questions to answer should things be wrong!! or should they say something to a player!!

Refs!! Well as this being our first season in FHL 1 we have had different refs as last season, in 1 of our games v a team full of older been round a bit players the ref was to busy chating and having a joke with them and not seeing that they were fouling bad mouthing and kicking lumps out of us!!! Apart from that all the refs so far have been alright but as St "i love torres" Darren said thay don't have to do but then no refs no football!!!!!

I think referees will make wrong decisions at all levels. Just like players make mistakes as players. We are only human at the end of the day. Just be thankful you have a ref at this level and get on with it. Theres no point dwelling on a wrong decision. If your good enough you wont have to be replying on the ref!

Dangerous Dave,

At this level why else would someone referee? I dont know if I'm speaking on behalf of all referees but the majority of the time I enjoy refereeing. You just have to keep smiling, know that it is nothing personal and just control the game best you can. Then after the game shake hands, do whatever reports you have to do then forget about that game and look forward to the next one.

And if you stop enjoying refereeing have a break for a few weeks. Because lets be fair you not going to be refereeing at this level for the money but, for the love of the game!!