Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup West 1st Round Results

Guest Fingers7

Guest Mawnans no 9

well done St Buryan good luck

Very disappointed with result and performance of couple of players training will be interesting this week thats all I am going to say

Good luck to rest of teams left in comp

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

well i noticed that portreath (last years winners ) are out already.

Goonhavern 1 - 1 Mullion after ET

and i think the replay at mullion is on saturday i think i don't know but they won't have me as the referee again as it will cost the club a fortune (basically)

good game from my point of view with it being the cleanist game this year in men's football(well what i have refereed i mean).

well done guys!!!

spenny not being funny but what makes you think its just out of three teams??you havent had the best of starts this season so quite ambitious to say your one of favourites considering your form.

as you can see cup football is unpredictable

obviously on paper ath are clear favourites but it doesnt always work out like that.

Guest man on! the sideline

Perranporth could do well, large talented squad to choose from, done well in the past, and they like a cup run down there.

Guest Spenny

Speedy and others, dont forget also that we were gonna get hammered by the form team holmans in round 1, yet somehow we seem to be still there. Athletic will be favourites for sure but even they will admit that even they played well to come back from 3.1 to beat us the other week, we let them off the hook big style and we are playing much better now.

Anyone who underestimates chace in any game from now is foolish me thinks.

Having played with Dom at Wendron, Falmouth Town and ONCE, at St Keverne, for Mawnan and against him on several occasions during his spells at Truro, Penryn and Helston I can say for definate he was not there on Saturday. Hope that's sorted for you chaps.

Would agree with them being dark horses for the cup, good side!!

Cornish New Boys 0 Mawgan 2 (H/T 0-0)

Competitive match again played in driving rain, at times looked as though it could have become a little too fiesty, and I'm amased the Ref did'nt issue any cards to try and control the match :wacko:

But Mawgan very much deserved the victory dominating the first half, and although New Boys had a brilliant opportunity to take the lead in the Second Half, the 2 Mawgan goals were a fair reflection of the match!

Good Luck to Mac and the Boys in the next round :thumbsup:

Cheers Gorgie,

you're right it all got a bit heated at times but it was just 2 teams going at it who desperatly wanted the win and the ref maybe could have done a little bit more to calm things down but you are always going to get the odd mistimed challenge in those crappy conditions but all in all a great game to play in all the best for the rest of the season to you lads

Mac :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got to say constantine have a good mix of youth and experiance in there team which seems to be helping them if you look at the league table. But the likes of Athletic taking out pendeen and mawnan losing creates a better draw for the lower leagues to cause some great upsets. i look forward to seeing the draw.

Guest Spenny

What is the betting that Fal Ath, Chace and Troon either end up playing eachother or have difficult away games. Round 1 was not exactly kind to any of us either!

Hopefully i will be totally wrong tonight....