Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup West 1st Round Results

Guest Fingers7

Trevenson 4 Spice of Life 3 h/t 2-0

Hard fought but fair game gave Phil Matthews his first win as new manager.Stu Rule with a curling effort from 40 yards and Luke Abbot-Smith with a corner put Trevenson in the driving seat.Two goals in the first 3 minutes of the second half by Spice was answered by a Jody Hampton goal and a fourth before Spice notched another and also missed two gilt edged chances in the last 10 inutes.

Full marks to both teams in very difficult playing conditions.

Chacewater 4 Holman SC 1

Hayle 1 Helston 0

Cornish New Boys 0 Mawgan 2 (H/T 0-0)

Competitive match again played in driving rain, at times looked as though it could have become a little too fiesty, and I'm amased the Ref did'nt issue any cards to try and control the match :wacko:

But Mawgan very much deserved the victory dominating the first half, and although New Boys had a brilliant opportunity to take the lead in the Second Half, the 2 Mawgan goals were a fair reflection of the match!

Good Luck to Mac and the Boys in the next round :thumbsup:

Troon afc: 6

St Just AFC: 3

Troon scorers:

Shane Richards: 2

Jamie Miles HahA!!! (Jamie Marles)

Clayton Reynolds

Danny Bell

Richie Ward!

After bad news regarding the 9 point deduction from Mining one, Troon bounced straight back to show that they are strong enough to take it all in there stride. And what a way to reply! 6-3 against St Just. Thats one step closer to our final!!

Bodmin Saints 5 - 1 Kilkhampton

A superb result for Saints against the North Devon League side, after being a goal down. Watch out for this team. They're going a long way in this tournament.

Apologies fopr posting on wrong thread. Though it might be a good idea to remember.

Guest Postie Pidge

Mount Ambrose 3 - 1 Rosudgeon/Kenneggy (H/T 0-1)

Ref: Liam Mankee

:yahoo:

Hayle 1 Helston 0

Weren't Hayle at home to Wendron? (Helston away to Crown Inn)

I presume the score was meant to read:

St Just 3 - 6 Troon

penryn 3rds 11-2 heamoor

keir dent 3

jason roberts 2

joe roberts 2

david bush 2

sloth roberts 1- screamer

and yes you guessed it kevchenko 1

horrible conditions. but great result.

unlucky mawnan, always next year. chin up eh

also pendeen 1 -4 fal ath

well done bruv

Mount Ambrose 3 - 1 Rosudgeon/Kenneggy (H/T 0-1)

Ref: Liam Mankee

:yahoo:

Hayle 1 Helston 0

Weren't Hayle at home to Wendron? (Helston away to Crown Inn)

I presume the score was meant to read:

St Just 3 - 6 Troon

Yes.

Troon AFC:6

St Just AFC: 3

Which is what I said?

Guest mariner

Pendeen 1 v Fal ath 4

HT 0 - 3

M.Moyle 2

G.Jeffery 1

D.Nut 1

Not much football played by both sides, terrible conditions slippery surface. A few of Pendeen players let their side down today when 3 down decided to get a bit over the top with some of their challenges, no offence rovers, which led to a sending off on their part maybe a little harsh though. Back down there in 3 weeks so rovers i will collect my beer then lol

Alot of big teams out today so well done to the so called 'underdogs' (chacewater) lol.

Well done to bruv heard sloth had a 40 yard gerrard esq piledriver? Maybe see u in the next round!

Guest Whufc-12

Truro City 4 - 3 HalseTown.

Truro's Scorers :

Sam Hatfield

Ryan Tresidder

Mike Burns

Someone else i can't remember...

Hideous conditions, great game with a late comeback from a good Halsetown side.

Well deserved Truro City Win.

Guest eightyeight

Illogan 7 - 0 Cury - A very convincing win for Illogan who played some great football but could have won by a bigger margin but were always in control. Fair play to Cury who never gave up.

Illogan scorers were Arron Carver,Nielsen Callaway (2),Mikey Pascoe (2),Gareth Pitt and Jonny Jones (I think !)

SENNEN 5 V RUAN MINOR 4

DESPITE PLAYIN A WEAKENED SIDE, WELL DONE TO RUAN MINOR. THEY LED 4-2 AT ONE STAGE BUT WE MANAGED TO CLAW OUR WAY BACK TO EARN A NEXT ROUND MATCH..PLAYED IN THE USUAL RAIN SODDEN GAME. REF WAS ( SAY NO MORE )... BUT 2 GOALS FROM PAUL JACKSON.BEN GEORGE. JEB WILBY,1ST FOR THREE YEARS...AND AN OWN GOAL.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Truro's Scorers :

Sam Hatfield

Ryan Tresidder

Mike Burns

Alex Rowe with the other goal

Perranporth 3-0 St Day

Scorers

Justin McCleland? prob spelt wrong his 1st for the club - great left foot strike

Rob Brandreath with yet another this season, neat left foot finish lifted over the keeper

Johnny Williams (me) 2 yards toe poke after the centre forwardeds header on target, a classic centre back poaching goal he he Sorry Dan. 1st of the season.

Any ideas as to when the draw for the next round is?

Well done to the ref - good game, even if i did get booked! :SM_carton_y:

:D

Truro's Scorers :

Sam Hatfield

Ryan Tresidder

Mike Burns

Alex Rowe with the other goal

actually halsetown 3 truro city 4, good competitive game two mistakes by keeper handed game to truro, good young side [are any of them over 18?] they played good football in atrocious conditions and despite a late comeback from halsetown hung on for win, halsetown scorers steve west,geoff robinson,ian hodge, good luck to truro in next round.

Chacewater 4 - 1 Holmans

Slightly closer game then the scoreline suggests but the Holmans curse of being unable to progress past the 1st round continues for another year.

Holmans took the lead midway through the 1st half from a Lee Byrne goal folowing a quickly taken free kick however an own goal from Rob Hopkins and poor defending meant Chacewater found themselves 2-1 up at half time. Holmans had to push as the 2nd half progressed and with some sloppy finishing and pushing 3 up front started to expose bigger holes in the away defence which Chacewater took advantage of scoring 2 goals in the last 15min

So another year of being able to go shopping with the wives and girlfriends on Easter monday continues for the lads from Blaythorne.....maybe we will have a BBQ!!!!! :D

Good luck to all in the next round

Ludgvan 3 Gulval 5

Robin Gould

Jamie Darmanin

Ben Reeve 2

Anthony Nicolas

Battling display from an under pressure Ludgvan team who recovered from 2-0 to get to 2-2. Decebt game in tough conditions.

Good luck to Jamie Mooney and his squad with what they have planned for the season.

Ludgvan 3 Gulval 5

Robin Gould

Jamie Darmanin

Ben Reeve 2

Anthony Nicolas

Battling display from an under pressure Ludgvan team who recovered from 2-0 to get to 2-2. Decebt game in tough conditions.

Good luck to Jamie Mooney and his squad with what they have planned for the season.

Guest Deez14

[are any of them over 18?] - From truro.

Not knowing the starting line up for truro.

A few school friends of mine play for the thirds.

From what i know, its mainly 16 year olds.

Guest Peckster

St.Ives 3 St.Agnes 2

A great game considering the conditions and a deserved win for the home side :thumbsup:

scorers for St.ives

Mike Peck 1

Andre Otto 1

Ross Duncan 1

Guest Whufc-12

Truros Ages were...

Jason Peters - 20 odd.

Charlie Conway - 16

Will Harvey - 18

Jack Parton - 16

Andrew Heard - 17

Sam Hatfield - 16

Ben williams - 16

Mike Burns - 16

Sam Gerkin - 16

Ryan Tresidder - 17

Rob Dunn - 17

Alex Rowe - 16

Taffy - 18

Jack Greenwood - 18

Jaisel Barot - 16

Couple off those 17 year olds are newly turned 17's so the side is young.

04/10/08

Junior Cup West 1st Round

AET

(FHFL 2) Carrharrack AFC 2 - Liam Bray, Brenden Dennis

(Mining 3) West Cornwall FC 2 - Owain Barrett (2)

Referee: Paul Minns (9)

Replay 11/10/08

Match Report to come.

Carharrack: Mark Leah, Beffy Smeeth, Tristan Burrows, Steven Sansbury ©, Daniel Kashmarek, Craig Moyle, Ryan Counter, Martin Murphy, Paul Jolly, Brenden Dennis, Liam Bray, Richard Chown, Gareth Bone & Mark Fuller.

West Cornwall FC: Jason Brooker, Christopher Gordon, Cory Callaway, Phil Toy, Owen Hodge, Daniel Stevens ©, Joe Small, Liam Callaway, Matthew Reynolds, Ashley Mills, Simon Jefferies, Morgan Jefferies, Daniel Inch, Ed Timmons, Owain Barrett, Ashley Kemp, Tom Warren

, Marcus Tresidder, Carl Lander & Joe Campbell

Truros Ages were...

Jason Peters - 20 odd.

Charlie Conway - 16

Will Harvey - 18

Jack Parton - 16

Andrew Heard - 17

Sam Hatfield - 16

Ben williams - 16

Mike Burns - 16

Sam Gerkin - 16

Ryan Tresidder - 17

Rob Dunn - 17

Alex Rowe - 16

Taffy - 18

Jack Greenwood - 18

Jaisel Barot - 16

Couple off those 17 year olds are newly turned 17's so the side is young.

the only players i recognise from that list are;

Jason Peters who is 19 (unless his b-day is between sept 1st and now, which im sure it isnt as i would hav had an invite to the party)

Taffy (Ryan Bull) who is 21

Will Harvey who is 19

so im not to sure if i should take any notice of those ages as you got the only 3 i know wrong :)

Ludgvan 3 Gulval 5

Does anybody know what the Ludgvan line up was???? If their Combo did not play on Saturday, was any of them playing this Junior Cup tie?

They did have at least 2 of their combo side in juan pablo! Not that it helped them. :D

Pendeen 1 v Fal ath 4

HT 0 - 3

M.Moyle 2

G.Jeffery 1

D.Nut 1

Not much football played by both sides, terrible conditions slippery surface. A few of Pendeen players let their side down today when 3 down decided to get a bit over the top with some of their challenges, no offence rovers, which led to a sending off on their part maybe a little harsh though. Back down there in 3 weeks so rovers i will collect my beer then lol

Alot of big teams out today so well done to the so called 'underdogs' (chacewater) lol.

Well done to bruv heard sloth had a 40 yard gerrard esq piledriver? Maybe see u in the next round!

Fair shout Mariner ..lost are heads for a mad ten mins but i defo don't think the l8 challenges were coming from just1 side..& i thought that waht went on b4 and after the sending of was harsh..(hope your stiker that went off early in the 2nd is ok nice lad)....not the reason we lost lost ;thats because we didn't make are possesion count in the 2nd half!! and letting 3 in was just a little to much against a good side....i actually thought though considering the weather there was some half sensible footy played...o thank your centre half for the dig in the back of my head! and double or quits on the drink...we will be better when we play you next time.... :angry2: well done and good luck in the next round...get the right draw you'll go all the way :thumbsup::c:

Perranwell 3-4 Falmouth Town

Ross Bowden all 4, 3 headers and a perfect free kick

Good game in the bad conditions, some good football still being playing by both sides even though it was a slippy surface

:drink::smiley20::yahoo:

Well done Fal Lad :thumbsup:

Well played St Buryan on Saturday. Fair to say shambles would be a compliment to us for that 1st half. Came back better in the 2nd but think we could still be there now and not score, we definetly missed the gaffer.

Good luck in the next round and message to whoever draws them in next round dont under estimate them which I think a few of us did. Good side with lot of experience!

Heads up for this week, big games just keep coming!!