Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 4th October 2008

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES (Paul Wolstencroft) 1-1 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES (Rob Robinson)

Att - 25

HELSTON ATHLETIC (Mark Goldsworthy 3) 3-2 PENZANCE RESERVES (James Street, Danny Magee)

Att - 27

HOLMAN SC 0-2 PERRANWELL (Mike Brewer, Steve Brewer)

Att - 25

MULLION (Rob Carey, Dan Stidwell) 2-3 ILLOGAN RBL (O.G., Matt Calloway, Ben Widdershoven)

Att - 18

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES (Adam Pryor, Stefan Churcher 2) 3-2 PORTREATH (Duane Britton, Adam Niciforo)

Att - 30

ST AGNES 0-2 ST IVES TOWN (Sam Twyford, Darren Steadman)

Att - 40

ST DAY 0-6 PERRANPORTH (Ben Goldring 2, Rob Stapleton, Ian Gosling, Steve Rowson, Justin Andrew)

Att - 20

WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES (James Mosley 2, Matt Roberts) 3-1 HAYLE RESERVES (Simon Bevis)

Att - 10

Guest mariner

Perranwell scorers:

S.Brewer 1 (hand of god diving header)

M.Bewer 1 pen, won by S.Brewer by diving looks like Jakes traits are rubbing off lol

Guest blue203

Mullion scorers were Rob Carey and Dan stidwell

Well done Illogen but I think They will admit with ten minutes to go they would of been happy with a draw.

Manager at Mullion has stood down, and funnily enough they don't need two weeks off to sort them selves out (whats that about ?) new manager already in place

Perranwell scorers:

S.Brewer 1 (hand of god diving header)

M.Bewer 1 pen, won by S.Brewer by diving looks like Jakes traits are rubbing off lol

Well posted it a tad further down!! soz No contest really as Holmans never really looked like scoring but a hard working side though!

Guest blue203

Kempy you are asking the question ? Please tell me your not the goalkeeper !!!! however if you were happy winning in that way it's going to be a long season, by the way we know we are down the bottom and struggling to score but we do try and play football and with such a young side surely thats the way ahead....

Sorry CTB no i'm not the new manager

Guest blue203

My appoligies Kempy, well done to Parrenwell , not really up to me to say who the new manager is but i'm sure he has the backing of all the players, just like the old manager....

Well it's the same old story for us at Portreath, still can't get anything away from Clijah. With a few

wanderers returning to bolster the squad, Duaine returned from his sabatical, Kev Mitchell back from a 35 day suspension & John Salmon returning after weeeks break at Trevenson but we paid the price for not being clinical enough in the final third. We had plenty of posession on a quality pitch in terrible weather conditions but that doesnt win games.

Look forward to next week now having put that one behind me.

Fair result at Aggie yesterday where St Ives dealt with the conditions better than us. We defended well against the wind until 30 seconds before half time when the defence missed a free kick, simon carter chested it down and Sam Twyford shot home from 10 yards. Right at the start of the second half Symons in the st ives goal made 3 excellent saves before Trathen sprinted ( Yes sprinted.....) through the home defence but had his shot saved but the rebound fell for Steadman who finished into the empty net. Two more excellent saves and a couple of missed sitters were all that the home side could muster.

Alot has been written on this site about the violent kicking aspect of St Ives's game but that wasn't in evidence yesterday, if anything we wre the more aggresive. I thought they were a well organised side with a couple of excellent youngsters and Simmo kept himself on the bench.....

I think maybe 30 - 40 braved attrocious conditions.