Cornwall Football Forum

troon harshly treated

Guest chinner

Guest chinner

as a fellow manager of a mining league side i feel troon have been harshly treated,fair enough for losing 3 points for playing an unregistered player in a game but losing another six points for mispelling(think that might be 3 points) and obvious comunnication(another 3) problems with storm i think is unfair.managers have enough to do now without having to go threw every team sheet checking for spelling mistakes after games.surely the league have some common sense,they must see jamie marles name on every troon team sheet this year so when they see jamie miles on another and dock troon 3 points for it i think its very harsh,maybe the league our trying to make mining1 more competitive by docking troon 9 points.in my opinion this wont make 1 ounce of difference,troon will win the league no problem,if anything this will make them stronger.i dont always agree with everything troon do but one thing is for sure they our a decent team(all be it with a lot of holmans cast offs ha ha) and on this occasion have im my mind been harshly treated.if anyone from the league does read this i do apologise for my spelling now

Cheers Chinner, and i totally agree with what your saying ref the points deducted for my name being spelt incorrect, i find it very hard to believe that this error is picked up on by the league officials everytime it happens....but maybe it is....but like you said surely the league can use come common sense.

But we will learn by this and we will not give up on gaining promotion to senior football at the end of the season, and if we do manage to do that it will taste that little bit sweeter after this shambles. I'm very proud to be captain of the team i used to ballboy for as a 10yr old, and 90% of the squad are all Troon boys who have worked extremly hard on and off the pitch to get the club to where it is now, and i can reassure everyone who reads this that Troon AFC will be stronger than ever from this day onwards, and hopefully the table will reflect that come the end of the season when we are top of it.

keep up the good work CCFA.... :thumbsup:

This has happened before and will happen again its always harsh but as iam the best has said rules are rules. Just remember what happened to portreath last year kicked out of the cup for playing a player who was affilated to the club playing in our seconds stopped us having a chance of winning four trophies not saying we would have won but nevertheless!!!!

Troon are a strong outfit and will go on to win the league so this is only a miner blip.

ALL THE BEST TO RENO AND TEAM FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON STILL FANCY YOU TO FINISH TOP THINK YOU BEEN DEALT WITH A BIT HARSH ON THE SPELLING OF NAMES BUD CANT YOU CLAIM YOUR SEC AS DYSLEXIA I THINK YOU SPELL IT LIKE THAT.

Guest Postie Pidge

This does seem harsh.

Where in the rules does it say clubs will lose points for mis spelling names? Surely they should just be fined for an incorrect team sheet on a technical fault!

Secondly and more importantly how can they be docked points for an unregistered player? If it was just mis-spelt then he wouldn't be unregistered, it would simply be a mistake.

Thanks guys for your support. It's been a tough week for all our players, i have spoken to the secretary and we are going to appeal against 6/9 points. I accept that"Rules are Rules" but on the appeal I will be asking the panel just to look at the facts and show a little common sense with regards to the spellings, Jamie Marles has always been registered it was a pure mistake, you have got ask how many clubs in the county do this in a season??? I guess lots and lots..... I think no one can put their hand on their heart and say every team has been deducted 3 points for this indiscrepency.

It will be a few weeks until we get our hearing but we owe that to our players, they deserve a lit bit of justice on this matter, anybody who has been at Troon this year would have been able to see all the efforts that Matt Harris and all the players have strived for to getting the club back into senior football, so to be dealt a blow by one letter saying we have lost nine points seem to me a little bit harsh and could effectively ruin any chances of promotion into senior football