Cornwall Football Forum

ludgvan fc have they pulled out of mining 3 league

Guest Louis

Coopsie, wasn't it some of their first team that beat Gulval in the mining 3 mid-week game a couple of weeks back? No problem re-instating for that....or should I say no one checked etc etc

It was indeed some of their first team that played agains Gulval reserves in mining 3 a few weeks back. I do also wonder how that managed to happen?.

Guest Markdavis

Hello all, I am the manager of ludgvan 2nd team so hopefully I can clear a couple of your points up.

Firstly I don't think we have pulled out of the league unless someone has forgotten to inform me of it!!!

Its probably best to begin at the start! most of ludgvan 2nd team this year have all come from playing at hayle last season myself included and moved during the summer.

Jamie Mooney was meant to manage the side and it looked like we had an excellant team for this season, our preseason was a test to that (played 4 won 3 drew 1).

Unfortunately the club had slightly more problems than we knew about when we signed on and they didn't have a combination team or manager at the start of the season, Jamie has stepped up to manage first team until a full time manager can be found and the club are still looking for several first team players.

The team that faced Gulval was ludgvans second team and the same players who had played friendlys and trained as second team players.

the last 2 weeks we have had upto 5 players taken from us on the saturday while we are stood at the ground waiting to go to the match. Cornish new boys 3 weeks ago being the prime example of this.

I am completely against bringing in senior footballers in mid week matches, It creates bad feeling within the team and ruins the spirit in which junior football is played.

The club itself is trying to recover from events which happened last season and many people are working hard to rebuild elements of the club so yes the second team is erratic at current and you could face us at full strengh or a weakened side such as that which faced cornish new boys.

I hope that this clears some issues up.

Mark Davis

The club itself is trying to recover from events which happened last season and many people are working hard to rebuild elements of the club so yes the second team is erratic at current and you could face us at full strengh or a weakened side such as that which faced cornish new boys.

Mark I was just wondering what events from last season the club are trying to recover from?

Guest Markdavis

To be honest I don't know really what happened last season, just that when we first came to the club there was no managers and not one player signed on. A handful of the players from last season have now signed on but god knows where the rest of them went!!

Thanks for the offer Geachy, unfortunately its too late to get people signed for junior cup as the forms have to be submitted by today. Luckily we have a team for saturday and I even forgot to sign the forms myself so I cant play Doh.

If you have not got enough players to fulfill your game properly, drop the reserve team. It is a stupid situation to see that Ludgvan reserves have won 2 games all season, both mid-week, but on Saturdays, neither team has recorded a win. In fact, the losses are generally very heavy. 17 nil. Ha Ha Ha. What a crap way to run a football club.

Guest Markdavis

I bloody hope its sorted by then, I don't think I could take the stick from Alex Pete and Tony if CNB thumped us again lol!

I didn't realise you could fax them in, thats useful to know for the future

cheers

If you have not got enough players to fulfill your game properly, drop the reserve team. It is a stupid situation to see that Ludgvan reserves have won 2 games all season, both mid-week, but on Saturdays, neither team has recorded a win. In fact, the losses are generally very heavy. 17 nil. Ha Ha Ha. What a crap way to run a football club.

Fair comment really. It is puzzling how these mid-week results seem so incredibly different to the weekend results. :SM_carton:

Guest Markdavis

Coopsie no offence but we beat you fair and square I was on the side line running the team and from where I was watching it was a pretty even game the only difference between the sides being we finished our chances. you played ludgvan second team and not our first team as you mentioned earlier.

Mangle

My comment earlier explained why the results are so different and as I mentioned above most of our players came to play junior football. If we fold the second team they would just leave and go to play junior football somewhere else. I think you should know the whole story before making derogatory comments about a club in the future.

Coopsie no offence but we beat you fair and square I was on the side line running the team and from where I was watching it was a pretty even game the only difference between the sides being we finished our chances. you played ludgvan second team and not our first team as you mentioned earlier.

We played against a mixture of second team and first team players. I'm not open to suggestive troublemaking, I'm simply basing everything I've written on what people in your club house were telling me and the fact that you did have a mixture of both teams...

The game was kind of even except for a referee that was unable to see anything in a claret shirt and there's also the fact that for the 1st 10 minutes we were pretty much dominating everything until we won the 1st corner of the game and then had to endure a 15 minute delay because none of you had thought to put out corner flags and then when it was brought to attention, nobody knew where they were and then when they were located, nobody could handle the tricky task of unlocking a door.

Mangles quote of "Ha Ha Ha. What a crap way to run a football club.", seems to me to be more of a factual comment rather than derogatory.

Guest Markdavis

Sour Grapes if you ask me, We played a fair game of football and Won. I would like to know who the 1st team players were I think our first team could do with them!!

Regarding the corner flags that was a complete mess but thats what you get having evening football matches that KO at 6.30 when you didn't finish work til 6pm and are rushing to start ASAP due to poor light.

Mangle

My comment earlier explained why the results are so different and as I mentioned above most of our players came to play junior football. If we fold the second team they would just leave and go to play junior football somewhere else. I think you should know the whole story before making derogatory comments about a club in the future.

Have you got enough players to fulfill a competitive Combination league game AND a competitive Mining League Division 3 game every Saturday? My comments based on the fact that your Combination team regularly get smashed 8 or 9 nil, and your reserve team got thumped 17 nil suggests the answer is no. Hence, I stand by my comments. I couldn't give you-know-what about why you turned up to play at Ludgvan and what went wrong, it just seems a crap way to run a club. It would probabaly be good for a dispanded Ludgvan reserve team to allow its players to filter into other local clubs with the result being more competitive matches elsewhere. We are at the beginning of the season, and your club is practically wasting everyone's time in turning up in the first place anyway. Good luck to you.

Oh, by the way, is your first team playing on Saturday 4th October? If not, can you please tell us what players will be turning out in the Juniour Cup game against Gulval, and provide information about how many games they have played to date (this year of course) for the 1st team. Ta.

Sorry mate but we don't do sour grapes. We win games and we lose games but sour grapes is not in our vocabulary.

As for the flags not being out because it was an evening kick off, don't talk tosh. Your boys were out kicking a ball around at 17.55 and then got called back into the changing rooms for a pre match chat at 18.15ish, then 5 minutes later they came back out again. So to say that there was no time is nothing less than desperately pathetic.

Also wish I could name the player(s) that weren't/aren't reserve team players BUT one of the definates had a fair bit of skill and got atleast 2 goals. If he IS a reserve team player, why when I was questioning a foul I made on him did he say "that's why you play this standard of football"?. IF he plays the same standard of football as me, I can only assume he isn't the most intelligent of people.

Guest Markdavis

This could go on forever, the team playing you on sat will be basically the same side that you faced on the wed night, changed only because we have gained and lost a couple of players.

I registered on this site to explain the situation I have encountered and I think I have done that.

good luck for saturday & the rest of the season, may the best team win.

.......the team playing you on sat will be basically the same side.........changed only because we have gained and lost a couple of players..........

so not because the 1st team have not a game......in other words the same team that would be playing Gulval if the 1st team DID have a game this Saturday............or am I misunderstanding something?

This could go on forever, the team playing you on sat will be basically the same side that you faced on the wed night, changed only because we have gained and lost a couple of players.

I registered on this site to explain the situation I have encountered and I think I have done that.

good luck for saturday & the rest of the season, may the best team win.

First or second team, i'm sure we'll give you a good game! And as for the best team winning, we will certainly be hoping so!! lol :thumbsup: