Cornwall Football Forum

Who will take the mining 3 crown!

Guest mardale

Guest Cornish NB's No6

agree will be an interesting league would like to think Cornish New Boys will be in with a shout this season! 100% start so far but looking like Ludgvan will pull out just like Troon did last season

agree will be an interesting league would like to think Cornish New Boys will be in with a shout this season! 100% start so far but looking like Ludgvan will pull out just like Troon did last season

I'd rather birmingham won the premier league than new boys win mining 3! <_<

Guest Cornish NB's No6

Barnesy your gettin a habbit of the maradonna type goal (certainly remember in 1 of our encounters last season when i was on the sidelines chattin to a few of your subs & they agreed the hand was used and were suprised your goal stood.

New Boys are certainly a different side this season from last - espec considering only our management had played in the same team before.

But do like your supporting attitude towards a fellow new side though!! do hope our paths cross again in the future

Barnesy your gettin a habbit of the maradonna type goal (certainly remember in 1 of our encounters last season when i was on the sidelines chattin to a few of your subs & they agreed the hand was used and were suprised your goal stood.

New Boys are certainly a different side this season from last - espec considering only our management had played in the same team before.

But do like your supporting attitude towards a fellow new side though!! do hope our paths cross again in the future

That goal was controlled with my chest, i admit that the goal against illogan that other week WAS a handball

i think your still bitter that we beat you in both our games last year, dispite being the better team in the game at your place.

Guest Cornish NB's No6

not bitter at all bud - fully admit Titans were the better side at our place.Everyone has there own opinion of wot happened!

Last season was a tester for the New Boys espec considering the average age of the sqaud was & still is 22, and so far the signs are promising for this season.

We simply want to win & improve our status in cornish football just as you do.

You certainly wont have mindless comments on here from any of our side slating a team hoping to progress!

not bitter at all bud - fully admit Titans were the better side at our place.Everyone has there own opinion of wot happened!

Last season was a tester for the New Boys espec considering the average age of the sqaud was & still is 22, and so far the signs are promising for this season.

We simply want to win & improve our status in cornish football just as you do.

You certainly wont have mindless comments on here from any of our side slating a team hoping to progress!

I didnt mean we were the better side i ment you were the better team you just couldnt score, mindless is a bit harsh,1 of your players headbuttin one of our players is mindless wonder if anyone on the sidelines saw that, i dont think it hurts to have a little spice between two side that play so close to one another keeps everyone on there toes

Guest Cornish NB's No6

The said headbutt was seen by all bar the ref on that occassion & we duly suspended the player internally & he is now no longer part of the New Boys.

Do agree with rivalry all part and parcel of football & this is going well off the original topic of who will win the mining div 3!

Just hope next season we can cross paths again & now we have somewhere sorted for food after we can enjoy the banter after match home & away.

Have a good season anyway

Guest Safe hands (!!)

looking at results so far looks like St Ives Mariners could be up for the title this year ( I hear they just need a goal keeper)

There could be a few contenders this year.....Cornish New Boys have made a solid start being unbeaten so far, St. Buryan and West Cornwall also started well....If Storm can put a run together then they could possibly throw their name into the mix with a couple others, but for me it's got to be West Cornwall!!! Very young, talented squad with great coaching and a really good team spirit...considering it's their 1st season together, they got a great result saturday at carharrack which proves they could be the big guns of mining 3!!!! Good luck to all!!!!

looking at results so far looks like St Ives Mariners could be up for the title this year ( I hear they just need a goal keeper)

I think its definitely between West Cornwall and St Ives Mariners with a small group of sides including New Boys, Pendeen, Newlyn and St Buryan fighting for positions behind them :unsure:

No disrespect to the sides New Boys have played but they've all been pretty poor, which gives a slightly unrealistic look to the table - cant really judge us till we've played the teams at the top end :c:

Based on last season - New Boys or Storm

Based on teams we (Newlyn) have played so far this season - Storm (we won 2-1 but we had a strong side out and it was very close), Mariners (played very well beating us yesterday though we were poor), West Cornwall (beat us 4-3 but we were very short that day and played pretty much a vets side).

In general though I reckon standalone teams should have an advantage over reserve teams as they will be able to play a more consistent team.

Guest jumpers 4 goalposts

i think that the top 3 will consist of new boys, west cornwall and storm, fell sorry for storm as generally speaking they have turned up for some games when other teams have had there first team games cancelled therefore dropping some valuable points...

eg ludgvan last week and also down newlyn but this happens all the time

i think that everyone will see how ney boys really are going when they play a couple of the top teams in the league as they've had an easier run so far...

st buryan and pendeen also manage to beat top teams on there day so are my outsiders fighting for the third place spot...

best of luck to all teams this season

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest mardale

i think it will cum right down 2 the wire between west cornwall, new boys, and st ives but i think storm will start 2 put a run of games 2gether n will be there abouts

Guest Markdavis

West cornwall vs Storm this weekend will be the game to watch if you are looking for title contenders.

Out of the teams I have seen this season storm look the stongest by far, I can't really comment on CNB as we only had 8 men when we played them.

I think storm may give West cornwall a bit of a shock on sat they have that bit of extra experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anthopkins

First real test of the season against West Cornwall, and coming out eventual winners 2 - 0. Just goes to show that CNB can peform against the big teams too, but i agree that this league will go down to the wire!

Guest Markdavis

I would like to think Ludgvan will be up there at the end of the season. We have a strong side now, and are still looking to strengthen it.

That is if we ever manage to play all our fixtures! our game against Mariners on saturday is in doubt again due to not having a referee.

Guest THEROCK

I would like to think Ludgvan will be up there at the end of the season. We have a strong side now, and are still looking to strengthen it.

That is if we ever manage to play all our fixtures! our game against Mariners on saturday is in doubt again due to not having a referee.

Cancelling games through lack of refs really pi**es me off. We are the dregs and then some in mining three (sorry lads but its true), we are not going to get refs!!! Surely we are the same in as much as playing on a Saturday is more important than a qualified ref...let someone from either side who is prepared to give it a go have a go and lets play some footie!!! I'm 36 and my Saturdays are running out!!!

Guest Cornish NB's No6

youngster lol, i'm 42 and still love playing. :P

Hey Mac, remember me from the old days with FC Rangers on Sundays playing together????????

Your lot have started really well and looks like its going to be an interesting league this yr.

Guest Cornish NB's No6

Hey Mac, remember me from the old days with FC Rangers on Sundays playing together????????

Your lot have started really well and looks like its going to be an interesting league this yr.

leon?

In one mate

leon?

In one mate

:thumbsup: hows you doing mate. long time no see.