Cornwall Football Forum

Troon deducted 9 points

Gorgie

Just wondered if the rumour that Troon have been deducted 9 points by the Mining League Committee for indiscretions in 3 matches this Season is True?

From what I hear a ruling was made on the Storm v Troon match last week but obviously has'nt reached the public domain!

Its just something I've heard and I'm just asking the question :thumbsup:

I haven't got a clue where you have got this information from, these decisons are only made at the Mining league meetings @ Blaythorne and their hasn't been any, I would love to know where you have heard this Gorgie, give you credit though it makes good press, and certainly gets people like myself looking at this forum, I do hope Rodney Beer is not your contact :D

As far as I am concerned their is no truth in this rumour at all, but many thanks for your concern over Troon FC's welfare.

Not trying to add fuel to the fire Reno but the mining league commitee met at Blaythorne last week for a monthly meeting.

However if Troon have have had no correspondance I would suggest Kris needs to get back to Reffing asap which hes extremely good at instead of spreading rumours (although its a good one lol) which hes rubbish at ....lol :clapper::clapper::clapper: :clapper:

I guess I may have to swallow some pride here, this is official as it can be.

This is pending an appeal on certain aspects of the points deduction, which at present i cannot indulge into.

Firstly I am really disappointed that certain poeple obvioulsy heard the news before our club got any notification, so a huge flaw in the process of the mining league comittee concerning incidents like this. As for cheating well I think they is a little harsh and slightly ignorant to be fair.

1. 3 points dedution for calling Jamie Marles, Jamie Miles on the team sheet

2. 3 points deduction for naming Abdo Sabu on a team sheet when not signed on (To be fair any club should be fined for not getting this right.)

3. 3 point deduction for not turning up against Storm.

We are in the amids of lauching our appeal to the league and are still positive we can at least redeem some of these lost points, but will have to wait and see.

I do not wish to place the blame on any individual within the club, but this should be a firm lesson not only to Troon but also any other club making the same mistakes that we have done, unfortunatley it is our players that have been let down, all have stayed really positive and will still strive to compete well this year in mining league div 1.

Hope this has cleared everything up, as mentioned we will be appealing on at least one if not two of the points raised above, so we await news from the mining league on when we can be heard. <_<

Guest Cornish NB's No6

We at Cornish New Boys last season were removed from the cup due to not putting a players double barrelled surname on the teamsheet upon beating Newlyn in i think the Q/F.

Were told if it were a league match we would of lost 3points.

A harsh lesson for a newly formed club especially when the first name & the first part of his surname were correctly spelt.

So good luck with the appeal on the incorrect name point

We had the same problem last year with an incorrectly spelt name and lost our appeal, however regarding appeals the information you were given regarding league rules was incorrect from day one and as I said before anyone with a rule book should have picked this up.

The league will stick to their rulebook and unfortunately each club signs that they agree to the rules contained, believe me over the years we have learnt the hardest ways possible. <_<

i think you will find holmans 3rd team were relegated last year by a few points but they also lost three points for spelling a name wrong . pitty can probably confirm this.

Thanks Sammo i was hoping everyone had forgotton i was a horses arse last year and put Neil "furcup" Anthoney down as Neil Furcup!!! We lost 3 points as sods law it was a game we actually won and was relegated by 1 point...Winner...not

Now in my secretary role and us having 3 teams in 3 different leagues i give the managers an updated printout of everyone whos signed on and for what league every couple of weeks.....touch wood although its early yet we still havent screwed up....lol

On the Troon front i think 9 points is harsh and can sympathise but rules are rules although the case of Jamie may have a chance at appeal and with the 3 points dropped at Robartes the Mining league has been thrown wide open now. I have heard Illogan may have been punished as well but that is so unofficial it may as well be classed as an illegal immigrant!!!!!!

1. 3 points dedution for calling Jamie Marles, Jamie Miles on the team sheet

2. 3 points deduction for naming Abdo Sabu on a team sheet when not signed on (To be fair any club should be fined for not getting this right.)

3. 3 point deduction for not turning up against Storm.

<_<

1. Harsh. But rules are rules. I think we have all learnt that lesson once or twice.

2. Cheating. (You may not have meant to - but some people do this on purpose). Justified by points reduction, and why not a fine too?

3. Is that enough? You don't turn up and get 3 points deduction. Perhaps a 12 point deduction would be more appropriate. Let's assume you are a mid-table team, doesn't matter whether you win or lose the next match, ahhh, why turn up if there is a reason not to (without going into those reasons). A 3 point deduction is hardly a deterrent. Take away 12 points, and a heavy fine, puts people off doing it.

Just a thought.

Guest whirlwind

jamie marles played for penryn combo last season. i watched them play in the supp cup semi final and his name was in the program as jamie marples. they went on to win the cup, so i think its only fair that penryn get the cup taken off them and it should be given to falmouth town who were runners up. what do you think marles-a-tron???

Guest smudger08

1. Harsh. But rules are rules. I think we have all learnt that lesson once or twice.

2. Cheating. (You may not have meant to - but some people do this on purpose). Justified by points reduction, and why not a fine too?

3. Is that enough? You don't turn up and get 3 points deduction. Perhaps a 12 point deduction would be more appropriate. Let's assume you are a mid-table team, doesn't matter whether you win or lose the next match, ahhh, why turn up if there is a reason not to (without going into those reasons). A 3 point deduction is hardly a deterrent. Take away 12 points, and a heavy fine, puts people off doing it.

Just a thought.

great idea Mangle maybe you should put it forward to the league?! :thumbsup: