Cornwall Football Forum

Mining 1 Title.... Is it a one horse race or could there be a pick of winners?

Guest tregony no7

I think it will be between Storm and Troon.

Troon may have the benefit of a deeper squad in the winter, especially with the cash flying around up there!!

DNT UNDERESTIMATE STORM AS THERE SQUAD WOOD DWARF TROONS SQUAD AS DNT FOR GET STORM ARE THE FEEDER CLUB FOR TRURO

my tip is illogan to win mining 1.

i think we are 1 or 2 players short of winning the league down at storm.

troon are the strongest team in the league without a doubt, but have

already lost 1 game and could be hit with points deduction from the

no show at the storm game, which leaves illogan as favourites for me.

Hi Georgie

A league rule clearly states the home team must confirm in writing or via the club secretary that the fixture is going ahead, as a club we had no confirmation, no voicemail was left with any of our club officals nor anything in writing.

Obviously we were concerned that this did not happen leading up to that weekend and we contacted a league official, he confirmed that we were well in our right no show for the game.

Also to be fair to our guys they wanted to know what was happening and many had already made alternative arrangements for their Saturday afternoon. Seeing this was now Friday night and had still not heard from Storm officials

Troon aren't the only team this year who has had to confirm that a game which was being played at Strom this year :( .

As I have mentioned before we are happy with our actions and we will await the league decision, we will be delighted if we have gained all three points but if they decide to replay we will just have to accept this.

This is not any kind of vendeta against Storm officals or the players, these are just the facts thats that are known to be true to myself and our players. Hope this has cleared the mystery up. :rolleyes:

Hi Gorgie,

Throughout this unsavory situation we at Storm have maintained our silence, we are confident in the leagues ability to judge as they see fit as to who was in the right or wrong.

The rule refered to is available for anyone with a mining league rulebook to consult it is rule 10 d, at no point does it state that you should not attend the match, in fact I would draw attention to rule 10 c, which states that all games must be played on the original dates except by permission of the league management committee.

I would however like to reiterate the above comments that this is not a vendetta between the two clubs and the decision rests solely with the Mining Committee.

Regards,

well P to the H to the A T S my prediction is that although troon seem like they are front runners with the squad they have,there are many teams up amongst them....

and just all counts on which team take advantage of getting the right results.

These are my contenders:

TROON

STORM

ILLOGAN

SPICE

these are the teams i think could win that league this year!

louis your in a world of your own mate seeing as trevenson 2s lost around, 6 out of there 7 first league games i'd cancel them out of the mining 3 league already! And i would like to see trevenson and neil win the mining 1 cause they would deserve it but think neil and his team have one hell of a job after losing 3 games already but they could still win it seein as troon were deducted 9 points! come on neil!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jumpers 4 goalposts

trevenson will win mining 1 and trevenson 2nds storm 2nds and cornish new boys for mining 3 i think st just will be mining 2 nxt year aswell

completely agree with you ralph (stroker)

louis what games have you been watchin, from what ive seen trevenson 2nds will do well to win 3 games this year, just pants!!!

also how many goals do you reckon your gonna bang in this year

yea to be fair louis, trevenson 2nd's are already playin catch up with just teams in mid-table....nearly 20 points off the top 2 or 3. Don't think anyone would catch that up. west cornwall,if they can sort out their shaky defence, for me, with maybe newlyn, st buryan, storm 2nd's (if they put a run together.

Mining 1 is gonna be close this year, gotta be between 3 teams, Troon, Storm and Illogan, with Trevenson as the dark horses!! just my opinion!!!

Guest THEROCK

trevenson will win mining 1 and trevenson 2nds storm 2nds and cornish new boys for mining 3 i think st just will be mining 2 nxt year aswell

completely agree with you ralph (stroker)

louis what games have you been watchin, from what ive seen trevenson 2nds will do well to win 3 games this year, just pants!!!

also how many goals do you reckon your gonna bang in this year

Trevenson 2nds will not win mining 3 this year but will win a lot more than 3 games and we will cause some upsets along the way. We have been very unlucky this year so far and could have / should have won the last 4 games we have played.

I think "pants" is way below the belt and very unfair on the boys that turn up / out each week.

Guest jumpers 4 goalposts

apologies THEROCK pants was meant as for the coment made previously... not as an insult on the players or the team sorry for any confussion