Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup Results

Perranwell 7-1 Nanpean Rovers

Scorers Perranwell:

Scott Kinge, Mike Brewer, Steve Brewer, Matt Rose, Darren Martin(chopper), John Blundell, Jake Harvey.

Not much to report as such.

Nanpean had a mix of some older players and some very good youngsters. The goal scored by them was applauded by pretty much everyone as it was a good individual effort.

The quality of Perranwell proved too much for the Rovers defence, however. A simple tap in for Scott Kinge on his 2nd game of the season, opened the scoring. A twice taken penalty by captain Mike Brewer added to the tally as the perranwell forwards ran rings around the tired defense.

There were a number of questionable decisions from the Nanpean linesman that kept the score from being embarrasing.

Just want to say the game at clijah must have been painfull for the 9 or 10 spectators...I played & it was painfull but we deserved the result..we kept plugging away & scored our 1st goal through A bucks after neat play from Dell 'gaffer' Allen & Matt 'the skipper' Drake added a second with a tidy finish after being put through by A Bucks...but other than that a game to forget....nice to see the St Just lads wit their cuddly toys...bless 'em.....oh I saw Isaac Rosieberg there today look forward to what he's got to say about the game....

Sammo66 you owe me £1.50 which I will send the boys around to collect...you deserter..... :lol:

The game was well reffed as always by the known as Porkie.

Oh Jase....hows your head...?

ST.Ives Town 2-Lanreth 0 - Scorers, Andy Trathen 1, Darren Steadman 1, (Pen). St Ives controlled game from start to finish with Andy trathen Scoring the first, clinically finishing one on one with the keeeper. Chances came and went and in the second half St Ives progressed with a second goal from Darren Steadman from the penalty spot. All in all St Ives good value for the win. Just one defeat in ten games. Simon Carter man of the match. And when the saints , and when the saints, and when the saints go marching in, i want be in that number, when the saints go marching in!!!!!!!!!

St Agnes 3 V St Columb 1.

St Agnes scorers James Thomas, Gavin Counter & Tom Benney sorry don't know the St Columb scorer!

Crowd at The Wreck = 25

Great sausage and chips at The Red Lion Pub - thank you to the pub and St Columb for their hospitality!

Senior Cup bus trip away the usual success - I didn't know there were so many pubs between St Agnes and St Columb!

Perranporth 4 - 0 St Day

Perran scorers were Justin Andrew, Rob Stapleton (2) and.... erm... well there's some contention over the first goal as Justin Andrew headed it into the net, it rolled out again and Mike Cain kicked it back in - the Ref said Cainey was the scorer but I think Justin may argue the point so you'd better see what the Indy says tomorrow CTB if you're doing stats.

Perran are away at St Day next Saturday for a league game.

ST.Ives Town 2-Lanreth 0 - Scorers, Andy Trathen 1, Darren Steadman 1, (Pen). St Ives controlled game from start to finish with Andy trathen Scoring the first, clinically finishing one on one with the keeeper. Chances came and went and in the second half St Ives progressed with a second goal from Darren Steadman from the penalty spot. All in all St Ives good value for the win. Just one defeat in ten games. Simon Carter man of the match. And when the saints , and when the saints, and when the saints go marching in, i want be in that number, when the saints go marching in!!!!!!!!!

Bet there is load of positive chat coming from that front pairing!!!!

yeah ronin the ball was handled on the line from justins header and kane pounced to slam home the loose ball. think the linesman gave the goal to justin sayin the ball was handled behind the line.

scoreline did flatter perran a bit but we were at fault for three of the goals. and my air kick didn't help our cause either.

good luck to st day next week as i wont be in goal (they're better off without me at the moment though). i am running in the great north run so watch out for me on the tv i'll give all the forum people a wave.

St Stephens Borough 8

Biscovey 1

ECPL Division 1 side St Stephens Borough cruised into next round of the Cornwall Senior Cup with this comprehensive win over Premier Division Biscovey at Saltmill Park.

Two Andy Wright goals put them ahead, the first a header from Ben Philp's cross, the other a penalty, before Dave Wilkinson made it three after Stuart Fort had headed it on to his fellow striker.

Dane Jackson pulled one back for the visitors two minutes before halftime but any hopes they had of a comeback were extinguished ten minutes into the second period as Wilkinson set up Fort for Borough's fourth.

Five minutes later Philp spotted the keeper of his line & hit the ball over his head from fully 35 yards out.

Wright got his hat trick from an Alex Haste cross, Wilkinson fired home his second from 30 yards and with ten minutes remaining Haste completed the scoring from close range.

Borough now eagerly await the draw for the next round.

Perranwell 7-1 Nanpean Rovers

Scorers Perranwell:

Scott Kinge, Mike Brewer, Steve Brewer, Matt Rose, Darren Martin(chopper), John Blundell, Jake Harvey.

Not much to report as such.

Nanpean had a mix of some older players and some very good youngsters. The goal scored by them was applauded by pretty much everyone as it was a good individual effort.

The quality of Perranwell proved too much for the Rovers defence, however. A simple tap in for Scott Kinge on his 2nd game of the season, opened the scoring. A twice taken penalty by captain Mike Brewer added to the tally as the perranwell forwards ran rings around the tired defense.

There were a number of questionable decisions from the Nanpean linesman that kept the score from being embarrasing.

i have played down perran and the linesman was your 12th man,so kettle and black come to mind :drink: