Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United 3 Falmouth Town 0

Mike(Pidge')-It was Neil Slateford who went off after 40 minutes with a recurring knee injury (Not Squires as reported by Charlie))

You also missed your chance of a first team debut as Paul Wolstencroft donned the keepers jersey for all the second half-he certainly looked the part and was only beaten with bullet of a shot with only 3 minutes left.

Also coming on as a second half substitute was Stuart Peters-was he with Illogan RBL last season and a Cornwall youth player?

Hope Beanie and Neils injuries not too serious ? Pidges face was a picture when he came in at half time (no he wasnt playing, just running the line!) Long gone was the broad smile at knowing he had missed the opportunity of donning the gloves ! Guess you had to be there eh ?!!

Jonesy, if that cry for help has anything to do with the missus, 999 is the best option !!!

Mike(Pidge')-It was Neil Slateford who went off after 40 minutes with a recurring knee injury (Not Squires as reported by Charlie))

You also missed your chance of a first team debut as Paul Wolstencroft donned the keepers jersey for all the second half-he certainly looked the part and was only beaten with bullet of a shot with only 3 minutes left.

Also coming on as a second half substitute was Stuart Peters-was he with Illogan RBL last season and a Cornwall youth player?

Yes, Stu was at illogan last year...

In my opinion, the reserve keeper played a hell of a lot better than the guy he replaced, and as u say, was only beaten by a screamer from Gavin Coulton which any keeper would have had trouble saving.

Good to see Marc Thorne on the goal sheet again, the confidence and fitness is coming back.

SWPL(P)

SALTASH UNITED 3 FALMOUTH TOWN 0 h/t 2-0 corners 10-2 Est.Att.55

Goals.SU-Danny Lewis 6min;Marc Thorne 30min H;Gavin Coulton 87min.

Booking Shaun Halford (Foul) 70 min

SALTASH- Chris Wearing;Paul Edwards(*Carlton Farnham 70m);Steve Sargison;Dave Smith;*Brinton Nute;Danny Lewis;Stuart Clark;Shaun Manley (Capt);Marc Thorne(Gavin Coulton 73m);Levi Landricombe(Glen Palmer 66m);Paul Maddon; Unused subs.Martin Piper;Simon Parnell;

* former Falmouth

FALMOUTH-Chris Symons(Paul Wolstencroft h/t);Sam Hunter;Tom Hunter;Damon Mulready(Capt);Dave Rawlings;Matt Moore(Stuart Peters 73m);Neil Slateford(Wayne Hewitt 40m);Shaun Halford;Glen Squires;Matt Drummond;Bobby Bryant;Unused subs Steve Hawke;Andy Bowker

Referee Graham Harris Bradworthy

Assistants Mal Mason Buckfastleigh;Mike Gleed

It is now 10 league(9 defeats 1 draw) games since Town's last victory over Saltash

Hi Gary aka Patch

No it was definetly a banana skin,

I remember watching him sing Should I Stay or Should I Go by the Clash outside JFC in truro. He slipped over a chicken skin then You must have got muddled up. He done really well in beating me in a ''winner takes all'' how many chicken legs you can consume in 3 minutes, then he slipped.

If you could say Hi to Beanie from me and say Im ready for a chicken rematch after improving my eating technique. Cheers