St Austell 2 - 1 Stratton United

Pensilva Reserves 1 - 3 Premier Sixes

Lewdown Rovers 3 - 3 Grampound Reserves

St Dennis Reserves 3 - 2 St Teath Reserves

Fifth Division

Premier Sixes Reserves 4 - 2 Mevagissey Reserves

St Mawgan Reserves 1 - 3 Stoke Climsland

Callington Town 4 - 3 North Petherwin

Terrific game at Grampound this afternoon where the hosts shared the points with Bodmin Saints who had a 100% record before this game. Grampound dominated the first 20 minutes and took the lead when Greg Dunn was released down the left by Ryan Maker and his low cross was hit home by Glyn Ford at the near post. Saints came back strongly and equalised 10 minutes later through one of the Ames brothers (not sure which one) and Grampound had to defend well to survive until half-time. Both sides could have won the game in the second half in an all-action game. Saints manged to clear off their line twice in the last minute before going up the other end and nearly securing all the points with a powerful header which Grampound keeper Stuart Harris managed to get over the bar.

A 1-1 draw was a fair result for two totally committed sides (I think there were 5 yellow cards, but may be wrong) who provided a highly entertaining end-to-end game for a good crowd (counted 40 at half time, excluding subs obviously !)

St teath 3 st mawgan 0.A slighty better performance against a poor st mawgan side today.Jamie from st mawgan informed us that they are struggling at the moment but i am sure that they will improve,very usefull cenetr forward in olsen he has played at a much higher level would be a usefull signing at this level.St TEATH AGAIN Played within therseves and missed a few great opportunities,everyone knows that we have played the bootom 5 sides at the moment and will need to improve to stay in contention.Darren roose with a brace and a dedut goal fo dan cornford got the result.Toatlly dominated the game from start to finish with matt simmmoneds ,kev cornford and neil polks outstanding,pitch looked superb club looks set for senior football behind the scenes on the playing side who knows.Remember first time in this league for a number of years Edgecumbe and ST dennis still favorites but we are top at the moment.

Lewdown 3 Grampound Reserves 3 - Duchy 4

Grampound made the long trip to Lewdown passing several different time zones before eventually ending up in Devon at Lewdown FC. Manager Berry was able to pick the same side that lost to Gerrans the week before apart from a change in goal, with Andy James at a Wedding - Matt "The Cat" Clemence making his first competitive appearance for the club this season having lost out during the pre-match paper, scissor, stones competition so went into nets.

Lewdown started the brighter of the two teams, and at every opportunity lumped the ball into the Grampound penalty area. Lewdown on a narrow pitch had current Javelin World Record Holder Jan Zelezny in their side and his long throws at every opportunity meant that Grampound were under a lot of presuure, but Clemence is goal made a number of good punches, with Mike Berry and Woodman at the heart of the Grampound defence able to deal with most of the threat. Grampound's inability to keep the ball meant that Lewdown had the greater of the possesion without making any real clear cut chances. Grampound were guilty of playing the ball long too often with Lewdown's 8 foot centre backs dominant, giving Ryan Orchard and Kieran Reilly very little service upfront. Grampound's best chance came from a Varnell snap shot that just went wide of the post. It looked as if Grampound would go into the break level, having defended for long periods with the sun in their eyes but 5 minutes before half time Grampound only partially cleared from a Lewdown attack and a long range effort deceived Clemence in flight and found the back of the net.

Grampound were much improved after the break with the side showing a higher level of commitment, and were rewarded on the hour after a low driven corner from Orchard found Reilly who side stepped past his marker and curled an effort towards goal that found the back of the net via the bar and the keeper with a despairing dive. Grampound now began to play with more confidence with Varnell and Al Berry in midfield getting more of the ball and wide men Fryer and Lannon looking more dangerous with every attack. It was therefore no suprise when Grampound took the lead with 20 minutes remaining, good play between Reilly and Orchard resulted in the latters though ball finding Fryer who's determination saw him slide in and get to the ball before the keeper despite looking second favourite in order to give the away side the lead.

However the lead didn't last long after Lewdown won a throw-in straight from kick and the ball was launched to the back post. Lannon won the first header but the ball fell kindly to a Lewdown player who smashed the ball towards the goal but it hit Mike Berry on the line, the ball came back out only to be hooked into the bottom corner of the net via a deflection and the hands of Clemence.

Grampound however made a number of good chances with firstly Orchard seizing on a bad back-pass and winning a 50/50 with the keeper and from a narrow angle hooking the ball goalwards only to see his left foot strike crash against the inside of the post and roll back across the line only to be cleared by a defender. Lannon then fired straight at the keeper when finding himself clean through after latching on to a herculian kick from Clemence. Varnell then sewed up the club miss of the season award after Al Berry challenged with the keeper for a ball from an Orchard corner only for it to miss both of them leaving Varnell free 2 yards out and the goal open but his header went agonisingly inches wide of the post.

With 6 minutes remaining Grampound deservedly took the lead after a superb burst forward from left back Yeo who had a fine game throughout he played a neat one-two before putting Reilly through on goal who lobbed the advancing keeper to make it 3-2. Unbelievably though Lewdown again equalised straight from kick off after a player broke down the Grampound right and the ball was only partially cleared to an advancing midfield player who's low drive found the corner of the net to make it 3-3.

Both teams then had chances to win the game, firstly a Lewdown forward fired straight at Clemence from close range and then Reilly's lob went just past the post with only seconds remaining.

Overall Grampound's Reserves were disappointed to have only got a point from this game after letting in a couple of sloppy goals and having enough chances in the second half to have scored 6 or 7 goals.

A well thought out write-up of the Grampound v Bodmin Saints game. unfortunately it is just a tad Bobby Ewing. Still I won't go through it point for point but will mention one or two things. Firstly; It was sad to see the referee being manipulated by the Grampound sponge man and worse the official suffered from being unable to stick to his decisions. A penalty decision signalled in the middle of the second half was instantly altered. The ref was poor, the pitch was poor, there was a good crowd of thirty plus but it didn't reach forty at any point. A draw but hardly a fair result.

...It was sad to see the referee being manipulated by the Grampound sponge man...

I never realised we had a sponge man! <_<

I'll reply to both: If the bloke wasn't a sponge man, why did he keep running on the pitch every time (regularly) a Grampound player went rolling down any of the grass-covered dunes? I believe it was the same 'sponge-man' who attempted to get a Saints player at the very least booked ("what are ya gonna do about it, ref?") for going for a loose ball which their keeper couldn't control.

As for the final score: on balance of play 4 - 5 would have been fair in my opinion.

As for tears? Not at all. I spoke to five or six Grampound players after the final whistle and told them 'well played.'

Overall, it was entertaining. I'd give it about four out of five in fact. Marks from five are employed when reporting for the Non League Paper, which is something I do on occasion.

Guest ajlongcallington

Sad news for a long serving and loyal player in SE Cornwall, Nathan May who was airlifted to hospital with a suspected broken leg while playing for Gunnislake on Saturday - we send our best wishes to him for a speedy recovery

Guest taff man

...It was sad to see the referee being manipulated by the Grampound sponge man...

I never realised we had a sponge man! <_<

I'll reply to both: If the bloke wasn't a sponge man, why did he keep running on the pitch every time (regularly) a Grampound player went rolling down any of the grass-covered dunes? I believe it was the same 'sponge-man' who attempted to get a Saints player at the very least booked ("what are ya gonna do about it, ref?") for going for a loose ball which their keeper couldn't control.

As for the final score: on balance of play 4 - 5 would have been fair in my opinion.

As for tears? Not at all. I spoke to five or six Grampound players after the final whistle and told them 'well played.'

Overall, it was entertaining. I'd give it about four out of five in fact. Marks from five are employed when reporting for the Non League Paper, which is something I do on occasion.

the fact that you are a part-time journo surely makes you even less reliable !