Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup

Guest st george9

Chairman what has that got to do with the post?? As a player of st Stephens borough, you have no clue to the effort and cost that has gone into getting st stephens borough out of the lower duchy football into senior football..with clubs folding and pulling out of the divisions, at least stephens borough did all they could to gain promotion and find a pitch..playing on 3g astroturf is not ideal but the clubs that we have met this season have enjoyed the experience and facilities on offer..i know st blazey are a big name in cornish football but the small clubs need to start somewhere

Do you really think you can tell me the cost and effort required to run a Club? I am all for helping the "underdogs" in any area of life, but introducing inferior facilities into senior leagues is not the way forward.

I have no gripe about your Club's effort in achieving, just the facility, which is definitely not up to scratch.

Guest st george9

speaking to an employee of the ccfa today, who considers it unsuitable for competitive football.

chairman what way does he see it unsuitable?? i have played on pitches all over devon and cornwall and some of them are rock hard in the summer with bumps and divits everywhere,are they also classed as unsuitable?? i guess you are going keep on about this point till you see us removed from the league..maybe you and your mate from the ccfa should write to Fifa and have Englands result with russia void as the game was also played on a surface unsuitable for competitive football...i think it time you concentrate on you own club

Chairman - your employee friend is entitled to his opinion - as are you.

I would add that we have been delighted to have had both the new Chairman of the CCFA and the President of the CCFA attend a game this season & both are happy that this is a senior pitch.

Personally I would prefer a flat, even playing surface to one that slopes end to end or side to side, one where the grass is too long, one that bobbles or has divets.

Time & technology do not go backwards - senior football is being played on it and the majority of teams are enjoying the experience.

In return why not send them a picture of the shameful pitch they have inflicted on others!

Why dont you keep your nose out of other clubs business & making childish remarks about there facilities when your own playing surface has slipped!!!!! :SM_carton:

Guest ECPL Supporter

Hi Claret and Blue, suggest you get your facts right re Eden and ourselves.

So what are the facts then Mr Chairman? Are you saying that St Blazey have never had any money from Eden?

Why does it matter to any of you if St Blazey had money from the Eden project? Surly if they did then its good business working with the local attraction. You cant afford to turn down any help. If anyone out there has millions to give St Blazey then im sure someone would be willing to listen!! :rolleyes:

ECPL - interesting remark.

I'd say CCFA would look more stupid by saying it was suitable if it wasnt.

They have been to the pitch, carried out an inspection and passed it as being suitable for senior football. End of debate as far as I can see.

And to think I only started this topic to ask for a photo of the senior cup ......

I take it by 'bullied' you actually mean applying the rules fairly?

The criteria for promotion from the Duchy League to the ECPL clearly states than in the event of a dispute over a pitches acceptability the CCFA shall adjudicate & if the pitch is acceptable for senior cup football then the club shall be promoted.

CCFA adjudicated, inspected, passed the pitch and Borough were promoted.

Applying the rules - as agreed by the ECPL - cannot be classed as bullying.

Do you really think you can tell me the cost and effort required to run a Club? I am all for helping the "underdogs" in any area of life, but introducing inferior facilities into senior leagues is not the way forward.

I have no gripe about your Club's effort in achieving, just the facility, which is definitely not up to scratch.

Of the 30 or so matches I have seen this season, it was by far the best pitch. Roll on the day when there are loads more like this in non-league football (and league football too, but that hardly interests me anymore) across the country.

--

Richard