Cornwall Football Forum

results 21/9/08

Guest geachy1

Western Australian News channels are buzzing with the news that Crowntown lost at home!

Score; Crowntown with Crowan F.C. 2 Mullion 3

The story from the local reporter was that Crowntown dominated but failed to score until they were 3- 0 down.

Then, in a desperate last ditch effort, Jamie Marles and Jason Smeeth pulled the score back to 3-2, then hitting the bar in the last minute.

So it goes.

Jamie Marles had a penalty saved. But HE TOLD THE MULLION KEEPER WHICH WAY HE WAS GOING TO GO!

I think the match-fixing supremo should look at this one - esp. as the keeper in question was Jamie's brother-in-law.

(The last penalty Jamie took for Crowntown was also saved - Vs Culdrose, League Cup when it was 2-2 in injury time and Crowntown were the real underdogs. How is he taking penalties?)

Anyway, played in a good spirit with no cards, I understand.

Here in Australia they can't wait for the new League table to be published. Will Crowntown still be top?

They weren't top to start with Bill! Star were top with two wins out of two and better goal difference

Pidge, just spotted that. Where did they come from?

I didn't think that Star and Truro United played the first week. Must have been a late result.

It takes a while for the pigeons (no "D"!) to get the messages out here.

Crowntown will have to put a few goals past Star next week.

Guest Postie Pidge

Booters 0 - 3 Falmouth Albion

Gloweth United 1 - 3 Threemilestone

Tremough 6 - 1 Penzance Astro Park

Truro GWRSA 8 - 0 Camborne Park

Crowntown 2 - 3 Mullion

Halsetown vs Star

Storm 5 - 1 Mpad United

Truro United 3 - 3 Shortlanesend

Any news on Halsetown v Star scoreline ???

halsetown 0 star 1, halsetown dominated from start to finish but scoring is the problem must have had 10 good chances first half same again second, star had about 3 and jamie mooney scored, to be fair star were well organised and battled for everthing and there keeper was man of the match by a mile, funny enough

they wernt complaining about the pitch after, well done star.

actually billy you old git!! i have only ever missed 2 pens in my life....first was yes v culdrose, and on sunday...!! so less of the lip grandad!! lol! and dont make me mention the 40yard left footed screamer to make it 3-1.....ooooooo myyyyyyyyy goddddddd!! lol

hope alls well and your not stealing too many of the childrens wetsuits out there!! lol

actually billy you old git!! i have only ever missed 2 pens in my life....first was yes v culdrose, and on sunday...!! so less of the lip grandad!! lol! and dont make me mention the 40yard left footed screamer to make it 3-1.....ooooooo myyyyyyyyy goddddddd!! lol

hope alls well and your not stealing too many of the childrens wetsuits out there!! lol

Well, I've never missed any penalties!

The one they allowed me to take, I did miss the goal. But fortunately the ref decided the goalie had moved and ordered a retake.

I calmly aimed at the centre of the goal and the keeper dived out of the way.

So you've taken two, missed two. I've taken one, scored one.

I think those statistics speak for themselves.

The question EVERYONE is asking is "Did you also tell the Culdrose keeper which way you were going?"

(Well everyone in Australia. In Cornwall, they don't give a bugger.)