Cornwall Football Forum

Callington 5-0 Millbrook

Guest thebigfella

Guest thebigfella

Oh dear Dane.

"...we're moving forward..."

"...for the past two years Millbrook have gone backwards..."

It's a big difference from the DJM U18 League isn't it? It's also a big step up for a number of your players who couldn't get in P&D and ECL sides!

In all fairness, and I apologise for the sarcasm, you have a very young side and the loss of your most experienced player has certainly not helped. Nevertheless, recent comments about you moving forward, and about the club going backwards in previous seasons, appear certain to come back and bite you on the arse Dane!

My advice would be to get some experience in their and get the side more organised and harder to break down. Backbone mate... Goalkeeper, Centre back, Centre midfield, Centre forward!!! Knife through butter springs to mind.

At least one thing is going to help Millbrook, the clubs below them look to be in for a struggle as well. But what about Mousehole, could it be the dreaded case of the second season being the test, once the novelty is over with - what do you think Geoff?

1 Penzance 6 5 1 0 24 3 21 16

2 St Austell 6 4 2 0 18 11 7 14

3 Porthleven 5 4 1 0 18 7 11 13

4 Callington Town 6 4 1 1 18 8 10 13

5 Dobwalls 6 4 1 1 12 6 6 13

6 Truro City Reserves (P) 7 3 2 2 13 11 2 11

7 Foxhole Stars 7 2 3 2 13 14 -1 9

8 Plymstock United (T) 7 2 3 2 12 15 -3 9

9 Hayle 5 2 2 1 15 9 6 8

10 Godolphin Atlantic (P) 7 2 2 3 11 12 -1 8

11 Camelford 6 2 2 2 7 8 -1 8

12 Newquay 5 2 1 2 7 9 -2 7

13 Penryn Athletic 6 1 2 3 6 11 -5 5

14 Mousehole 6 1 2 3 9 15 -6 5

15 Millbrook 7 1 0 6 11 28 -17 3

16 Wendron United 6 0 1 5 3 18 -15 1

17 Vospers Oak Villa 6 0 0 6 7 19 -12 0

Guest fruitcake96

Dave,you make so many points about managers and players,why don;t you become a manager youself!i'm sure wendron and vospers could do with your expertess and skills!have you ever managed a team before???

Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.talk is cheap, but can you follow through with action? don't let your mouth write a check that your a** can't cash. don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Dave,you make so many points about managers and players,why don;t you become a manager youself!i'm sure wendron and vospers could do with your expertess and skills!have you ever managed a team before???

Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.talk is cheap, but can you follow through with action? don't let your mouth write a check that your a** can't cash. don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Looks like you picked a relevant username!!! :P

Bigfella

thanks for pointing out a comment and making the most of it !!!!

All im going to say is that my aim for this season is to finish 5th bottom , this is where last seasons team finished WITH MONEY , in a league with less teams. If the team does this , i think its a good achievment and will give us a good foundation to work on for the coming seasons.

You can say '' oh dear dane '' every week if you like , but we are not expected to beat the sides near the top of the league , we are a new young side , if we do than great !!!! but our bread and butter is the teams in the lower half of the table. If you look at the teams we have played allready we have played 6 teams that occupy the top 9 positions in the table . 4 of which are in the top 5 , so i think its a little early to mock me and my team. We know we have a tough job on our hands and i know i have a almost impossible task personallly. First job at this level , no money , allways going to be tough.

Give my team some time.

Guest fruitcake96

why bring money into it,when you managed i bet hardly any clubs had money,so you where all on an equal playing field!Is there money in fhl football now??Who are you talking about with this comment-at least I didn´t build myself, only for the inevitable big fall! I also just talk about football,im no big phil or sir alex!

Bigfella

We know we have a tough job on our hands and i know i have a almost impossible task personallly. First job at this level , no money , allways going to be tough.

So why be so vocal about the previous team. It's interesting to note that a fair few of last year's Millbrook team, that you want to knock, are now playing for Callington. In fact I think, previous Millbrook players scored two of the goals and one was knocked over for a penalty.

I think you'd be better going about your business more quietly - it would certainly be more in keeping with the stalwarts of the Millbrook committee that deserve a lot of respect for their hard work in recent times.

At least one thing is going to help Millbrook, the clubs below them look to be in for a struggle as well. But what about Mousehole, could it be the dreaded case of the second season being the test, once the novelty is over with - what do you think Geoff?

1 Penzance 6 5 1 0 24 3 21 16

2 St Austell 6 4 2 0 18 11 7 14

3 Porthleven 5 4 1 0 18 7 11 13

4 Callington Town 6 4 1 1 18 8 10 13

5 Dobwalls 6 4 1 1 12 6 6 13

6 Truro City Reserves (P) 7 3 2 2 13 11 2 11

7 Foxhole Stars 7 2 3 2 13 14 -1 9

8 Plymstock United (T) 7 2 3 2 12 15 -3 9

9 Hayle 5 2 2 1 15 9 6 8

10 Godolphin Atlantic (P) 7 2 2 3 11 12 -1 8

11 Camelford 6 2 2 2 7 8 -1 8

12 Newquay 5 2 1 2 7 9 -2 7

13 Penryn Athletic 6 1 2 3 6 11 -5 5

14 Mousehole 6 1 2 3 9 15 -6 5

15 Millbrook 7 1 0 6 11 28 -17 3

16 Wendron United 6 0 1 5 3 18 -15 1

17 Vospers Oak Villa 6 0 0 6 7 19 -12 0

Nope...various factors (injuries , suspensions , holidays) have led to our difficult start to the season (although we have played the top 3 away from home already)

We are improving game on game and once back at full strength , will climb the table.

Guest ECPL Supporter

why bring money into it,when you managed i bet hardly any clubs had money,so you where all on an equal playing field!Is there money in fhl football now??Who are you talking about with this comment-at least I didn´t build myself, only for the inevitable big fall! I also just talk about football,im no big phil or sir alex!

There's always been money around!!!