Troon v Mawnan

Wendron v Culdrose

FHFL 3

Carharrack Res v Penryn

Frogpool v Stithians

Mullion v Falmouth Ath

Ruan Minor v Constantine

Trispen v Wendron

Ideal weather for a trip up to Stithians,rovers08.

Yea lovely....god how wide is that Pitch! and how big is that Keeper!!! :blink:

Cheers see you in two weeks time loser buys the pint? :drink:

No worries you'll get a warm reception a cheapo pint and some grub!!!if you want you lot can start in the bar early! a few pints b4 the game won't hurt ya!!! :blink: :blink:

Guest 00Frogman

Mawgan 1-1 Frogpool

Great point for us. A very depleted side gave a good account of themselves against tough opposition.

Not helped by the ref being a nob at the start, and refusing to let one of our players play. (-As he had a ring on he couldn't off, and the ref refused to let him tape it up!!) That left us with one sub, -Nick Mallaber the rather large and unfit manager!

When we lost Brett early on, Nick ended up playing most of the game and like the rest of us gave his all.

Mawgan lost a player late on for a straight red, butting Mikey Johns in the face :SM_carton: -for nothing but a few exchanged verbals! Tsk, tsk.

Can't help feel there is a lot of aggression in one or two of their team. -When they weren't arguing us, they were falling out with themselves! Some karma definitely needed! :mellow:

Well done to both sides today, a good physical game!

Mawnan 3 Perranwell 1

Greg Renfree 2 and Smudge/Og

1 down after only a couple mins but we got going and controlled the game for the remainder. Not a bad young side there especially the no. 10 up top cracking player and if they stick together they could be doing good things in a few years. Oh and the young right winger needs to wind his neck in a bit, bit of a chip on that shoulder bless him.

Well played boys cracking performance!

Troon 3 Mawnan 0

Scorers:

Dave "Dangerous" Bartlam x2

Mikey Catteral

A good recovery from last week after losing 6-2 to Mawgan. Good flowing football from both sides. A well taken victory which in my opinion could have seen plenty more goals. Credit to Mawnan for being good sports. :c:

Helston 0 Holmans 4 h/t 0-3

Comfortable win for the visitors but Helston kept going to the final whistle.

Chacewater 6 Mousehole 3

Hey soccer follower i played in goal in the game today against holmans and was a good game they dominated us in the first half i dont even think we had a shot on there goal! we got them again on saturday in the cup aswell so should keep me busy! theyve got a very good side definatly the best weve come up against this season! but cheers for the comment about us battling till the end because i think we definatly did after coming back out from the first half beating we took :wacko: good luck for the season

P.s the names is a bit old as obviously i dont play for wendron but im not sure how to change it :thumbsup:

holmans getting lots of good reviews this season know they play good football watched them against chacewater, champions or not they ripped them apart at times and did not deserve to lose to athletic as stated by athletic, marksy always has a way of getting teams playing nice football credit to them they have a mix of old and young in the team.

Wendronjer - You were outstanding in goal especially in the first half when Holmans created a number of one-on-ones with you and threatened to run riot but you did very well each time.

Second half was closer but they were still the better team on the day.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Yea i was definatly kept busy!!! yes holmans were definatly the better side on the day and played some very good football at points! weve got holmans in the cup this sat then chacewater the saturday after and then holmans again in the league so should be a nice 3 weeks for the helston boys haha cheerss guys

jer

Guest holmans10

thought you were superb saturday keeps,could of been double figures if it wasn't for your exploits in goal.

nobody at the club getting away with the position we find ourselves in but you never know, really depends on who our 1st team takes on matchday. :drink: :drink:

Guest The Seahawk

Well done Jer what an amazing performance I bet you dream of having a defence? anyway all you can say its a bloody good training session for you mate against a good Holmans outfit. All the best for next week and lets hope you get some help from the rest of the team. see you Saturday 10-10 break break down gone wooosh. :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Mawgan 1-1 Frogpool

Mawgan were terrible from start to finish with players letting them down in the morning it just went from bad to worse with myself being the worst player on the pitch, we bitched and argued with everyone (excluding the ref who was a bit of a stickler but was consistant with both teams throughout) but as always it is all forgotten in the bar and nobody ever has to apologise it is just the way we all are!!! but we still had the chances to win the game and we will look at it as 2 points dropped, but when we play that badly and still pick up a point it can't be that bad- Can it?

The sending off was a little bit harsh but as I say the ref was standing for no nonsense and our lad should have known better

Thanks to Frogpool- look forward to the reverse fixture!

FHFL 2

20/09/08

Match Report

Hayle 2 Carhararck 2

On a sunny Cornish afternoon, Carharrack drew two all against a firm Hayle side after the proverbial game of two halves. Hayle's initial goal came after 18 minutes when the visitors defence failed to deal with a three pronged attack. Hayle deserved their lead and were unlucky to have not gone further ahead soon after but the referee disallowed a goal for what he considered offside even though it came off the back of a Carharrack head. However, their lead was soon extended when Hayle pushed deep into the visitor's box taking advantage of a failed clearance that allowed them through on goal. The first half was not all Hayle's, in fact Carharrack appeared the more dominated side but once again failed to capitalise on the simple chances. A situation that has plagued us often this season.

After the interval Carharrack battled back and captain Steve Sansbury gave us hope when his ball went over the line, created by confusion that entered the Hayle defence from a corner ball. Both sides tried to penetrate each others area, playing some imaginative crosses in from the wings but eventually it was Carharrack striker Liam Bray who secured the draw 10 mins from time, when he slammed the ball in the back of the net from close range as a result of Joff Malabar's powerful free kick that got palmed off the home keeper. Carharrack could view the match either two ways. A good come back based on determination or a come back that we made hard work for ourselves. If I was honest Ill go for the latter but through rose tinted glasses, we deserved to come away with something.

Right back Tristen Burrows fires in a cross to the Carharrack attack

Troon 3 Mawnan 0

Scorers:

Mikey Catteral

A good recovery from last week after losing 6-2 to Mawgan. Good flowing football from both sides. A well taken victory which in my opinion could have seen plenty more goals. Credit to Mawnan for being good sports. :c:

?????????

Dangerous we (Mawgan) havent played you yet :mellow::mellow: :unsure:

TRISPEN AFC 5-1 WENDRON 4THS .RAPPO 2 ,SAM 2, AARON SPEAR 1.

sorry bout the lateness of this post -

TRISPEN 5 - WENDRON 4TH 1 - H/T 2-0

Wendron goal - Rob Bevington

Poor performance from Wendron, physical game that we struggled to be up for, Trispen pressured us and came away with a deserved victory. A few interesting reffing decisions, and a few bits of players taking the man with thinking about the ball, but these things happen. Trispen will be a very hard team to get any points from at home, especially with the sloping pitch. Thanks for the hospitality back at your pub thought guys :rolleyes:

The Dron will look to make amends at home to Stithians on saturday

Pete

Missing results from Division 3:

Carharrack vs Penryn Athletic

Frogpool/Cusgarne vs Stithians

Ruan Minor vs Constantine

Div 3

Frogpool 3 - Stithians 4 (HT 1-3)

A spirited comeback in the 2nd half saw Frogpool draw level & pushed all the way for our 1st win of the season. A cruel Stithians goal after Frogpool over-committed going forwards in the dying moments saw a deserved point snatched from us.

A definite improvement on recent results, & hopefully a base for us to move on from.

Troon 3 Mawnan 0

Scorers:

Mikey Catteral

?????????

Dangerous we (Mawgan) havent played you yet :mellow::mellow::unsure:

Sorry, I meant Culdrose. I wasn't at the game, got mixed up with the RAF teams :S