Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 20/09/08

Division 1

Pub Team 2 Troon 1

Excellent victory for Robartes over previously unbeaten Troon, just a shame the away side could'nt take the defeat respectfully, dissenting every decision in the second half, and their manager constantly referring to Robartes as a Pub team.

I'm sure that only motivated Robartes even further and from what I saw despite a few half chances from Troon, Robartes deserved the win :clapper:

I think it was Gulval 3 Illogan Res 4 :unsure:

Division 2

St Agnes 2 Illogan 3rds 1

Eventfull game from what I'm told, Illogan missing a penalty late on despite only having 8 men due to 3 sending offs :SM_carton:

Mining 3

Marazion Blues 0 .v. Trevenson Res 7 ( H/T: 0 - 6 )

A much needed and welcome first win for Trevenson to leap frog their opponents in the league. Also, after some poor displays, a more than welcome clean sheet! Trevenson goal scorers - Justin James ( 2 ), Shaun Wilkins, Anthony Curnow, Own goal ( sorry H! ), Ricky Smith and my memory eludes me for the other!! Trevenson had a goal dis - allowed from Damon Jull after a disputed hand ball!! Well done to Marazion who played well throughout. Trevenson up and running.........!!!!!!

Well done to Darren and the lads today at Robartes, just wanted it a little more than us and deserved the victory. Dont wish to comment on what was said on or off the pitch. Disappointed that our player got sent off for dissent as it was not directed ay any player/official, I also understand that is was not necessary at all and the player will now serve is punishment for his actions. All the best to Robartes for the rest of the season. Cheers Reno

Guest bundithegreat

mining 2

madron 6 portreath 3

went down there with 11 men, andy mead in goal, manager centre back and came back with nothing but much better fight from previous weeks, madron front 2 just tore us apart, good luck to madron for rest of season

Mining 3

Pendeen 3 - 0 Redruth Utd Res (h/t 1-0)

Another poor second half display saw Redruth slump to their second defeat of the season, not much in the first half with Pendeen goin in 1 up thanks to a 25yard rocket of a shot, second half we never got going and Pendeen took full advantage of some poor defending to record a well deserved win, if only they could cut out the constant complaing about every decision good or bad that the ref made it would have been a much better game to play in.

Just heard the bad news Redruth Midfielder Mark Jose broke his ankle today with only 11 seconds of the game left, all the best mate and hope all goes well for a quick recovery

Spice 3 Storm 3

1 nil to Storm at half time with Spice playing against a strong wind,10 min after the break Storm were awarded a penalty and made it 2 nil, with Spice probably on top they were amazed to find themselves 2 nil down, 5 min later Spice made it 2 - 1 with a goal through Ian (Shifty) Stephens, with Spice pressuring the Storm defence they picked up the equaliser from a Spice corner through Ian (Shifty) Stephens again but some might say it was an home goal, right after that Storm scored straight from kick off leaving spice reeling from all the hard work they'd done getting themselves back into it, 2 mins from time Brett Adams scored with a looping header over the Storm Goalie to even things up, over all a good game from both sides and fairly played.

Trevenson 4, Threemilestone 4.

TMS went 1-0 down two minutes before half time, and 3-0 down within 5 minutes of second half. TMS pulled it back to 3-2 before giving away a pen which matt sara scored for 4-2. got another back for 4-3 and then got a pen ourselves 4-4. Trevenson had a couple good chances in the last few minutes but stones held out.

Game played in good spirit, well reffed and Good luck to neil's team for rest of the season. :c:

Yep Gulval 3 Illogan 4

Decent game but lost our influencial skipper after 40mins.

Gareth Pitt and Simon Ellis looked good in the middle for them.

A couple of my lads looked something like it too.

No-one will give us 3 points though we have to take them, but its coming.

Well done Illogan who stayed for a beer like the Trevenson boys last week. Thats why we do it surely.

Good result by the Robartes boys, pub team or not they know how to win games!

Guest postman pat

mining 2

titans 0 newlyn na 5

a very depleted titans side lacking confidence lost to a very good newlyn team. in fairness to newlyn they played some lovely passing football and deserved their win today.

thankfully their no11 was a bit too greedy at times otherwise we would have lost by a lot more :P

goodluck to newlyn for the rest of the season and look forward to playing at yours :c:

THREEMILESTONE RES 1 V 3 HALSETOWN

TMS Scorer: Liam Patterson.

Well done to Halsetown for a deserved victory. Yes I will use the old excuse that we were depleted, and believe me we were. (Had to don the boots myself), but this does not matter, Halsetown beat what I put infront of them and they played some good stuff at times. We struggled to get any flow to our game but I am sure when we are back to full strength we will find our football again.

Once againg thanks to Halsetown for a fair and decent game. All the best for the rest of the season.

halsetown 3 v fourlanes 2

good competetive game four lanes completely dominated first 20 mins but halsetown gradually got into the game and scored through steve west, fourlanes scored with the last kick off first half and then hit the bar in there first attack of second half pete branwell came on as sub and scored two joe osbourne hit the bar before a howler by the home keeper set up tense last 5 mins he had saved a pen in first half so we,ll let him off. we actually played better last week and lost no disrespect to four lanes who could quite easily have got a result.

tms res 1 halsetown res 3; scorers ; lawrence kennedy 2, luke bradford 1,

Division 3

Wendron Utd (5ths??) 0 Gulval Res. 4

Brilliant football played at times by Gulval. Wendron, to be fair, did not offer a great deal going forward. They managed 2 corners all match, but most of the game played in their half. The Wendron keeper played very well. Gulval opened the scoring through an excellent long range shot by Anthony Nicholas. Richard James added a second before half time, although in fairness he could've had a hattrick by half time if he'd stuck away the one-on-ones! The second half continued as the first with Gulval pressurising and Wendron looking to break on the odd occasion. Nicholas got his second midway through the half, and had chances to get his hattrick, but failed. Tom Mockford wrapped up the scoring with a fine chip over an advancing keeper right at the end.

Guest St Ives Town

St Ives Town 8-1 Trispen

Gr8 game for St Ives, deserved the win after 4 hard opening games to the season.

Goalscorers-Mike Peck 3, Danny Jones 2, Jak Hughes 1, Ross Duncan 1, Peanut 1

Mining 3

Marazion Blues 0 .v. Trevenson Res 7 ( H/T: 0 - 6 )

A much needed and welcome first win for Trevenson to leap frog their opponents in the league. Also, after some poor displays, a more than welcome clean sheet! Trevenson goal scorers - Justin James ( 2 ), Shaun Wilkins, Anthony Curnow, Own goal ( sorry H! ), Ricky Smith and my memory eludes me for the other!! Trevenson had a goal dis - allowed from Damon Jull after a disputed hand ball!! Well done to Marazion who played well throughout. Trevenson up and running.........!!!!!!

and louis goss lol damo u left me out lol

Storm res 4 - Madron res 1

Good performance from Storm after a couple of bad losses, attitude was spot on and we actually looked like a team today.

Thanks to Madron who fought hard and came back to the pub afterwards, not so impressed by Storms man of the match drink off afterwards thats two losses in two weeks. Shame!!!!!!!

Storm goalscorers Carl Hubbard 3 and Daniel Sampson 1.

Division 3

Wendron Utd (5ths??) 0 Gulval Res. 4

Brilliant football played at times by Gulval. Wendron, to be fair, did not offer a great deal going forward. They managed 2 corners all match, but most of the game played in their half. The Wendron keeper played very well. Gulval opened the scoring through an excellent long range shot by Anthony Nicholas. Richard James added a second before half time, although in fairness he could've had a hattrick by half time if he'd stuck away the one-on-ones! The second half continued as the first with Gulval pressurising and Wendron looking to break on the odd occasion. Nicholas got his second midway through the half, and had chances to get his hattrick, but failed. Tom Mockford wrapped up the scoring with a fine chip over an advancing keeper right at the end.

Mostly true BUT Tom Mockford did not "wrap up the scoring with a fine chip over an advancing keeper" Mangle. He played it round the keeper with a 1st time touch, the "fine chip" was the pass to Tom for the goal. Now if only I could remember who played that fine chip (with the outside of his right boot) ;) :rolleyes:

gee i wonder stuie!??! Good to see the reserves get their win column up and going, if only the first team could follow suit, sooner rather than later i hope!! :o

I wonder indeed Christopher ;) . I also wonder who it was that played the most beautiful defence splitting pass across the goal and along the ground for Anthony's second goal?? :rolleyes: . Enjoyable game and nice to be given free reign to move around the pitch, pull the strings and somewhat dictate the flow of the game. That first win was much needed and hopefully we can move on from there, although I've heard that our next opponents (West Cornwall) are a pretty handy outfit?.

As for you wishing that the first team can follow suit, sooner rather than later, Well I'm sure it'll come good and from what I understand, there was alot more fight and belief within the team on saturday?. If you can take that into your next game I'm sure that things will soon come good?. Do you think that one or two people in the first team may take it for granted that they will have a shirt on a saturday afternoon and therefore, perhaps there could be a bit of effort missing from them,which in turn may be influencing team performances?.

That is not a dig by the way, it's a simple question and maybe even a possible reason for some somewhat annoying displays and results?.

gee i wonder stuie!??! Good to see the reserves get their win column up and going, if only the first team could follow suit, sooner rather than later i hope!! :o

I wonder indeed Christopher ;) . I also wonder who it was that played the most beautiful defence splitting pass across the goal and along the ground for Anthony's second goal?? :rolleyes: . Enjoyable game and nice to be given free reign to move around the pitch, pull the strings and somewhat dictate the flow of the game. That first win was much needed and hopefully we can move on from there, although I've heard that our next opponents (West Cornwall) are a pretty handy outfit?.

As for you wishing that the first team can follow suit, sooner rather than later, Well I'm sure it'll come good and from what I understand, there was alot more fight and belief within the team on saturday?. If you can take that into your next game I'm sure that things will soon come good?. Do you think that one or two people in the first team may take it for granted that they will have a shirt on a saturday afternoon and therefore, perhaps there could be a bit of effort missing from them,which in turn may be influencing team performances?.

That is not a dig by the way, it's a simple question and maybe even a possible reason for some somewhat annoying displays and results?.

I couldn't agree more!! And as you can possibly tell from my rant on our site, i do think a few players could do with a boot up the jacksie! Otherwise we're in for another long season, again!! :glare: :glare:

I couldn't agree more!! And as you can possibly tell from my rant on our site, i do think a few players could do with a boot up the jacksie! Otherwise we're in for another long season, again!! :glare::glare:

A refreshing honesty shown there mate, good on you. :clapper: ..