Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 20/09/08

Recommended Posts

Saturday 20th September 2008

Duchy League Knockout Cup First Round

St Dennis 9 - 0 St Merryn

Duchy League Team Cup First Round

Perranporth 3 - 1 Biscovey

Southgate Seniors 4 - 5 Camelford

Stratton United 7 - 6 Callington Town

Premier Division

Pensilva 1 - 1 St Teath

St Mawgan 1 - 5 Altarnun

Edgcumbe 7 - 0 Launceston United

Looe Town 3 - 1 Foxhole Stars

Gunnislake 2 - 2 Lamerton

First Division

Mevagissey 2 - 2 Saltash United

St Dominick 0 - 1 St Cleer

Godolphin Atlantic 2 - 1 Boscastle

Tywardreath RBL 7 - 3 Holywell Bay / Cubert Athletic

Dobwalls P - P Lanivet

Maker with Rame 1 - 5 Fowey United

Second Division

St Anns Chapel 1 - 1 Delabole United

Pelynt 4 - 2 Polperro

St Breward 6 - 4 Calstock

Bodmin Saints 6 - 0 St Stephen

Grampound 4 - 1 St Minver

Third Division

Queens Rangers 3 - 2 Gunnislake Reserves

Gorran 4 - 3 Tintagel

Lostwithiel 3 - 1 Lanreath

Roche 2 - 3 Looe Town Reserves

Bere Alston United 4 - 0 Wadebridge Town

Nanpean Rovers 2 - 1 St Newlyn East

AFC Bodmin 1 - 2 St Columb Minor

Fourth Division

Boscastle Reserves 1 - 6 St Austell

North Hill P - P Mount Charles

Gerrans 3 - 2 Grampound Reserves

Premier Sixes 4 - 1 Biscovey Reserves

Altarnun Reserves 2 - 2 St Dennis Reserves

St Teath Reserves 0 - 1 Pensilva Reserves

Fifth Division

Delabole United Reserves 3 - 0 Pelynt Reserves

Stoke Climsland 2 - 1 Mevagissey Reserves

Bridgerule 3 - 4 Sticker

North Petherwin 6 - 1 Premier Sixes Reserves

St Merryn Reserves 1 - 11 St Mawgan Reserves

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gerrans 3 Grampound Reserves 2 (Duchy 4)

Grampound were 2-0 inside the first half an hour after goals from Ryan "Pringle" Orchard and Kieran Reilly, and had a couple of other decent chances with Orchard's chip hooked of the line by a Gerrans defender and Reilly forcing a superb point blank save from the Gerrans keeper. Even though Grampound had the slope in the first half they were indebted to keeper Andy James who made a number of fine saves including a Schmeichel-esq superb point blank double block. Left back Aaron Yeo also headed an effort off the line as Grampound were forced to last ditch defending to preserve their lead. Gerrans were awarded a penalty just before half time after Mike Berry tugged back Glyn Hitchens in the area but Hitchen's spot kick crashed against the post.

Gerrans had the slope in the second half and exerted even more pressure than in the first half, however old-timer Woodman (aged 28) marshalled a young Grampound back 4 also consisting of Aiden Richards (16), Mike Berry (17) and Aaron Yeo (19), with Yeo and Woodman particuarly impressive. On the break Grampound had a couple of half-chances with Reilly's lob crashing against the post and 16 year old James Fryer's drive fizzing just over the bar. However the Grampound goal was leading a charmed life and only a combination of luck, superb goal keeping, terrific last ditch defending and some rather woeful finishing kept Grampound in front. Eventually with 20 minutes to go Gerrans pulled a goal back following a corner. Inside the last 10 minutes Jules Woodman was rather harshly adjudged to have upended Ed Rimmer in the penalty area and Hitchens this time converted the spot kick, in the final few minutes Hitchens broke inbehind the Grampound back line and squared the ball for the winner to be smashed home. Grampound had some pressure in the final few minutes but Gerrans held out.

Grampound are extremely dissappointed to have lost a game when 2-0 up, but the side made it hard for themselves by constantly giving the ball away cheaply and had to defend heroicly for long periods of the game.

Grampound's MOM: Andy James for a number of wonderful saves.

Grampound 4 St Minver 1 (Duchy 2)

I'm led to believe that Grampound scored first through Matt Ellis with St Minver equalising before half time, but 3 late goals through Sean Mee, Glyn Ford and Dai Moseley gave Grampound a deserved victory and a first win of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pensilva 1 ST teath1.AS the manager of st teath i write to report that once again the lads have let them selves down witth a totally lack luster performance against a spirited Pensilva side.THis match should have been over in the first 20 minutes the forwaeds need to take a lok at themselves in the next few days and assess the commitment and ability they seem to think they have and put things right.The problem playing at this level for some people is that there heads are still at other placse such as wadebridge,newquay and the like,wake up lads or it will be far to late and i will end those egos.I cannot and wil lnot accept second best this club does not deserve it and neither do i. The lads from Edudgecumbe must be rubbibg there hands at the moment they are a good side with commited players we are a better side without the commitment something has to give Watch this space.,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Premier Sixes 4 - 1 Biscovey Reserves

P6 got back to winning ways with a dogged victory over a battling Biscovey team. There have been some massive changes since again collapsing to St Austell last week with Dan Code who has had the sweeper role for the last 2 seasons starting upfront alonside topscorer Dan Parsonage. P6 got off to a decent start when Code flicked the ball through the Biscovey defence allowing Neil Currah a clear run at goal. The two time player of the year made no mistake slotting past the Biscovey keeper. The Biscovey keeper was lucky to stay on the pitch after being beaten to the ball by Code only to drag him back with the goal at his mercy. The ref missed the foul and play went on with Biscovey clearing the ball off the line. Code then scored his first ever P6 goal side footing home from the angle to double the advantage. Parsonage made it 3-0 before the break heading in a corner. Just as P6 looked to be coasting an lapse in midfield saw Biscovey pull a goal back on the break 30 seconds before half-time. Biscovey briefly rallied in the second period but could not score a goal to get them back into the game. Code was put through late on and made no mistake lobbing the Biscovey keeper to round of the winner. Better than last week but still alot of work to be done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bridge Rule 3 Sticker Reserves 4

Buoyed by back to back victories, Sticker made the long journey to Bridge Rule in good spirits. To the manager’s shock, most players turned up on time and sober, surely a good sign for the visitors.

Playing for the first time in the first teams yellow strip, the visitors were playing with the wind and an overhead sun that would surely be a problem for the home keeper. After the first yellow card of the day was delivered by the referee (surely his immigration papers need checking), to one of the home players for taking to the field with his wedding ring on, harsh really when he has probably now been divorced for not wearing it!!!And they had the better of the early exchanges. Grant Slater fired straight at the keeper when put clean through and Dan Jarman attempting to better last week’s thunderbolt with another strike from range that the home keeper did well to palm away for a corner and another effort that was only troubling the roof tiles on the school behind the goal.

Despite a bright start, Sticker, as has been the case all season conceded first. Shocking defending from the normally reliable ‘50 pence head’ Vian and ‘L’Oreal’ Trethewey allowed the home striker to finish past Dowrick. Bridge Rule continued to exploit the lack of confidence in the visiting defence, the high ball regularly causing problems. Despite their troubles at the back Sticker looked dangerous at the other end, Matt Dowrick missing a glaring opportunity and then having a decent penalty shout turned down by the referee. Sticker then levelled, slightly fortuitously when Matt Knowles (not for the first time this season) shanked a cross from wide left that floated over the goalkeepers head and into the net levelling the match at 1-1. With the match evenly balanced 2 further defensive moments of madness from the visitor’s gifted Bridge Rule 2 goals in the 10 minutes before half time, Hawke was then lucky to avoid punishment for a wild hack more in frustration than anger. Manager Warren was heard to chunter “This is shit, I’ll take them all take them all out on the piss again next Friday” in reference to the visitors first half display. Much to ponder for the gaffer at the break as his side went in 3-1 down.

Somewhat surprisingly, Sticker came out for the second half unchanged and within seconds it could have been game over, Chris Dowrick yet again with a crucial save after more calamitous defending. This seemed to shake the visitors into action, with renewed endeavour they set about reducing the deficit, Hawke and Jarman in the centre applied more of an influence on proceeding, Bullock upfront, starved of service for much of the game started to look dangerous as the visitors pressed. Stickers second goal came after good work down the left from Talen (sober and almost on time this week) and Knowles and led to Mike Hawke notching his second in 2 games with a neat finish.

From this point the visitors sensed that the home side were there for the taking. The Kazakhstani referee then turned down 3 cast iron penalty decisions in the space of 30 seconds, first Hawke, then Bullock twice were felled in the box with the only reward Sticker obtained was a corner and a free kick on the line, although on closer inspection the divot taken by Bullock’s second fall was closer to the penalty spot than the touchline!!!

3 incidents in the next few minutes changed the match. First the introduction of Dan “Weasel on the Wing” Oliver wide right in place of Slater gave the visitors a renewed threat, secondly the failure of the referee to give a stonewall penalty to the home side after Trethewey (yet again) found himself in a terrible mess at the back. Rumour has it Nanpean wish to sign the promising 17 year old, on this performance he would struggle to get into a bag of crisps let alone an ECPL team!!!

The major turning point came immediately after the pen incident, Rogers released Oliver down the right who the beat his man before delivering a beautiful cross met at the near post by Bullock with a stunning glanced header to level the match at 3-3. Sticker now had the game at their mercy and continued to press forward in the hunt for the winner. Manager Warren introduced himself to the fray with 8 minutes to go, rumour has it he asked the ref how long, when the ref said “10 minutes” Gary decided he may not last that long due to worries over his fitness!!! With 4 minutes to go Sticker did score, ultimately, the winning goal. Hawke with a fine curling left foot strike magnificently tipped onto the post by the keeper, but Captain Bullock followed up and struck the ball into the back of the net for his second of the game. Sticker then held firm for the final few minutes to secure win number 3 on the bounce for the men in yellow!!!

Sticker: C. Dowrick, Rogers, Talen, Trethewey, 50 pence head (Higman), Knowles, Slater (Oliver), Hawke, Jarman, M Dowrick (Warren), Bullock.

Man of the Match: Mike Hawke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...