Cornwall Football Forum

Combo League Results/Scorers and Attendances

Cornwall Combination League

20th September 2008

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES (Paul Wolstencroft 4, Bryn Wheeler 3, Steve Kellow 2, Ryan Harris, Luke Appleton, Darren Friend) 12-0 LUDGVAN

Att - 16

HAYLE RESERVES (James Paradise, Chris Bullock, Simon Bevis, Barnaby Dagger) 4-2 MULLION (Dan Stidwell 2)

Att - 20

HOLMAN SC Andy Hill 2, Nick Medlin, Kieron Rowe) 4-1 NEWQUAY RESERVES (Ricky Butler)

Att - 25

ILLOGAN RBL (Ryan Treloar 2, Marcus Smith) 3-0- PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES

Att - 45

PERRANWELL (Mike Brewer 2, Steve Brewer, TJ Wilson, Scott Kinge) 5-0 PENZANCE RESERVES

Att - 58

PERRANPORTH (Justin Andrew) 1-1 ST IVES TOWN (Curtis Richards)

Att - 60

PORTREATH (Adam Nuciforo, Jason Buckley 2) 3-3 HELSTON ATHLETIC (Colin Kettle, Jason Robertson, Mike Halibone)

Att - 12

ST AGNES (Tom Benny 2, Matt Eddy 2, Steve Kemp, Darren Murrish)6-2 WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES (James Mosley, O.G.)

Att - 55

ST JUST (Neil Curnow, Chris Curnow) 2-2 RNAS CULDROSE (Dave Devlin, Steven Hughes)

Att - 40

Hayle 4 (James Paradise, Simon Bevis, Chris Bullock, Barney???) Mullion 2 (Dan Stidwell (2))

Mullion 2-0 up and let it slip.

Not making excuses we were missing Rob Kew, Ben Tremayne, Dave Phillips, Scott Toy, Mark Peters, Danny Hickey, Will Duke, Ben Stidwell, Nick Slade, Chris Lawrence and Dav Cheetham so are extremely glad to have been 2-0 up. That is a normal starting line-up.

Well played Hayle and good luck for the season.

Crowd - 20

A hard fought game at Clijah today - Portreath 3 Helston 3.

At least Dwiane didnt score.....Portreath took the lead after 2mins through Nuciforo, Helston equalised after 15ish mins.scorer unknown,but Port retained there lead straight away after a wild kick at Johnsy gave us a penalty which Jason Buckley put away nicely. We then went further into the lead when J Bucks curled a free kick into the top corner after 30 mins, Helston hit back from a corner when there leftback outjumped everyone to header home, he was later sent off for throwing a punch. Second half lacked any real spark but Helston equalised on the hour'ish from another corner, good header to be fair but honours even on the day.

Attn'd - 12 ish

Ref watch - Very inexperienced but did ok had to deal with a lot of flack from some Helston boys but on the whole 6/10 from me....he will get better I'm sure. Sending off a little harsh wasn't that type of game.

At least Dwiane didnt score.....Portreath took the lead after 2mins through Nuciforo, Helston equalised after 15ish mins.scorer unknown,but Port retained there lead straight away after a wild kick at Johnsy gave us a penalty which Jason Buckley put away nicely. We then went further into the lead when J Bucks curled a free kick into the top corner after 30 mins, Helston hit back from a corner when there leftback outjumped everyone to header home, he was later sent off for throwing a punch. Second half lacked any real spark but Helston equalised on the hour'ish from another corner, good header to be fair but honours even on the day.

Attn'd - 12 ish

Ref watch - Very inexperienced but did ok had to deal with a lot of flack from some Helston boys but on the whole 6/10 from me....he will get better I'm sure. Sending off a little harsh wasn't that type of game.

wardy good report except two things as a former referee i thought that lad refereeing today had a good game at least 8/10 and if you stamp on someones back and then when they get up swing punches at them sorry mate but thats not harsh . a easy and correct decision from the referee . and lets be honest another red could have been shown to a ex portreath player . anyhow a entertaining game

Looked like Ben Lugg, who has progressed well as a referee and gained alot of experience of Senior football in a short space of time. Good Ref :thumbsup:

Ricky Butler was the Newquay scorer, the attendance was approx 25.

The less said about the Newquay performance the better. Although Newquay had a number of experienced players missing, the performance was inexcusable and not good enough. Newquay let the game slip late in the first half, conceding three goals in the closing minutes. A better second half performance didn't hide the fact that a much better effort is required to gain all three points. On paper this was a game that Newquay should have taken something away from, but credit to Holmans for keeping the ball well and making the most of their chances.

As for the rope, didn't even notice it wasn't there!

A talk About Hayle against Mullion. Mullion came out at hayle and managed to score 2 goals from a combination of very good football and very good attitude to the game never gave up on anything and fair play to them in my opinion a very good side for the future and i ope they stay together in the first half. After getting a good goal just before half time hayle came out with a very good attitude and there senior players started to play as senior players and it was soon 2 all. With some good defending and goal keeping Hayle kept it so until hayle opend up and took the game by the scruff of the neck with some good performances that have been waiting they got a good result in 4-2 which hayle deserved. Good luck to Mullion in the season and I wish them well. A side not to be under estimated.

its amazing how different we all see the game played at clijah, ref-very poor-no, disgustingly poor! prob the worst i have seen, ref with snide remarks, unfortunately the guys watching on the side cant hear, but with his remarks and sometimes bizarre actions, both sides commenting to each other how poor the ref and inconsistent he was, we start to get angry, go into tackles harder, mistime them, take each other out by venting our frustration. the red card incident was due to a portreath player taking a swing with a punch to our player, our player reacted, he got sent off, fair dues, but the protreath player got away with it, helston though did fight back with ten men to draw the game level, after being 3-1 down, bring on culdrose.

its amazing how different we all see the game played at clijah, ref-very poor-no, disgustingly poor! prob the worst i have seen, ref with snide remarks, unfortunately the guys watching on the side cant hear, but with his remarks and sometimes bizarre actions, both sides commenting to each other how poor the ref and inconsistent he was, we start to get angry, go into tackles harder, mistime them, take each other out by venting our frustration. the red card incident was due to a portreath player taking a swing with a punch to our player, our player reacted, he got sent off, fair dues, but the protreath player got away with it, helston though did fight back with ten men to draw the game level, after being 3-1 down, bring on culdrose.

dont agree with much or anything you have said to be honest cola but thats football . the only person who threw punches got a red and as you said deserved it . but i see you fail to mention the late lunge by our ex forward who should of seen red but instead he got yellow as did are centre half for reacting to it . but who is not going to react to a challenge like that . anyhow we have all got to move on all the best to helston for the rest of the season

Dont know what game you were watching Cola but i can assure you that the portreath player didnt cause your fellow to get sent off and certainly didnt throw any punches. He was guilty of poorly judging a header and jumping into and fouling the Helston player and got a yellow card from the referee, which was fair enough but for your boy to stamp on his back when he was on the ground and swing a punch was certainly deserved of a red card.

To say that the portreath player took a swing at the helston player and the helston player reacted is utter bollocks and the reason why any scuffle took place at all is because of the Helston players cowardly decision to stamp on a player on the ground just because he got fouled. :c:

Guest helstons utility player

which Helston player was sent off !!!

mike hallibone!

the portreath player did swing for our player, but AFTER the stamp, either way both where in the wrong! 99% of us wouldve have reacted in pretty much the same way if it had happened to us.

ref 9/10 for his phrases! but 5/10 for the game simply because he was inconsistant.

Good game tho physical at times but played in right spirit, helston battled well to get draw out of it.

look 4ward to seeing u all at kellaway

Played in the right spirit!? You just mentioned stamping and punching.....mmm sounds like it! :blink:

A couple unsavoury moments in an otherwise good battle. Helston lads came back to the rugby club afterwards for a pint & a pasty - dont think theres any hard feelings..looking forward to next weekend now..I think its a cup match I'll have a look around the threads & see who we got.... :thumbsup: