Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth 2 Torpoint 4

Guest john

Very disapointing result for Falmouth. Worst ever Falmouth start to a season. 3 losses, no points. Torpoint didnt really over impress me. Seemed to be comedy of errors for Falmouth at the back! Should have watched the Tall Ships. Crowd low at 45 people.

SWPL Premier) FALMOUTH TOWN 2 TORPOINT ATHLETIC 4

h/t 1-2 corners 2/4 Attendance (heard it was 46 -head count 60) Probably the lowest ever

FALMOUTH-

Chris Symons;Steve Hawke;Tom Hunter;Wayne Hewitt;Dave Rawlings(Damon Mulready 63m);Matt Moore(Capt);Neil Slateford;Adam Trudgian;Glen Squires;Andy Bowker;Sam Hunter(Bobby Bryant 71m);Shaun Halford -Not Used

TORPOINT-

Joey Syndecombe;Chris Todd;Gary Williams;Virgil Igalalwuye;M.Stevenson;*Mike Roberts(Capt)Steve Colwill;Billy Allen(Gareth Jones 84);*Adam Carter;*Ben Davies(L.Kershaw 74m);Darren Hicks(Bradley Yeo 65m)

* Former Falmouth

Scorers FT-Glen Squires 23m;Adam Trudgian 66m

Scorers TA- Adam Carter 2(17mPen;55m)Steve Colwill 29m;Ben Davies 59m

Bookings FT- Chris Symons 17m,Dave Rawlings 17m??,Wayne Hewitt 32m

Booking .TA- M.Stevenson 44m

Referee- Chris Stevens- Fowey

Assistants Paul Buscombe-St.Austell:Johnathon Harris -Nanpean (Taken From programme)

Torpoint move up to 4th -Falmouth drop into the relegation zone

3rd consecutive defeat (all home)-when was the last time ? if ever

has this ever happerned? The manager and assistant manager both playing at the same time? And both being the oldest players on the pitch. Strange decision to drop Mulready to the bench and Wayne Hewitt to play in his place, bearing in mind Hewitt is well past it as a player. I think if players are not brought in soon then it will be awhile before a point is gained. I do feel sorry for the loyal suppoters at the club today who have seen all the good times and today witnessed a very poor Falmouth team. I am afriad even the the true loyal fans will filter out.

Was John Bolton at the game yesterday? Was it Bolton that had only one hand? And one day the ball hit the stump he had. The ref then blew his whistle and said free kick hand ball. Bolton replied how can it be hand ball? i I aint even got a hand!!!!

Mike, just checked the swpl website the lowest premier league attendance this season is 48. So if the official yesterday was 46 then Falmouth get another unwanted record this season. Perhaps the poor turn out was mainly affected by Truro being home and the Tall ships.

Maybe rearranging this fixture for a Friday or Sunday would have been the way to go in the first place.?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fingerz_ma_boy

its a disgrace carter is even playin for torpoint whilst the most excitin player in the league (hicks) is stuck out on the wing. ian stephens needs his head checking, takin steps forward with hicks and thornten then takin steps back with carter and davies.

Guest ECPL Supporter

its a disgrace carter is even playin for torpoint whilst the most excitin player in the league (hicks) is stuck out on the wing. ian stephens needs his head checking, takin steps forward with hicks and thornten then takin steps back with carter and davies.

And you are? Not a bad decision to play Carter, looking at his goals return!! Maybe that's why you aint manager! Agree Hicks is a good player, but he is just as effective on the wing!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Bit harsh i'd say. Where are you getting this information from? He is an out and out goalscorer who can score goals against anyone, as can Hicks. They are both good players