Cornwall Football Forum

falmouth info please

Hi there. I think that you should have no problems getting to Bickland Park for the K.O. The Tall Ships set off aound 2.00pm so everyone that wants to see the spectacle should be in position by then. It may take a while getting out of town for the return journey, but that's life, I am afraid, and we locals have ha :thumbsup: d to put up with it for the latter part of the week. See you tomorrow.

Hi there. I think that you should have no problems getting to Bickland Park for the K.O. The Tall Ships set off aound 2.00pm so everyone that wants to see the spectacle should be in position by then. It may take a while getting out of town for the return journey, but that's life, I am afraid, and we locals have ha :thumbsup: d to put up with it for the latter part of the week. See you tomorrow.

Cheers, pretty much what I told my passenger (John Bolton, torpoint legend, played for Falmouth 1970ish and looking forward to coming back).

Johnny Bolton back at Bickland-I look forward to his visit and will make myself known to him plus a few others who were there at his time.

Checking the archives John made his Falmouth debut against his former club Torpoint 21st Feb.1970

His career record at Falmouth 89 Appearances 59 goals 1970-1972

Season 1969-70 17 Apps. 13 goals

........... 1970-71 40 Apps. 35 goals (including 5 v Bodmin T.)

........... 1971-72 32 Apps. 11 goals

Also in July 1970 Falmouth Cricket Club X1 58 Falmouth Town FC 103

Dave Ewings 37,Keith Manley 18, John BOLTON 1

Ewings 4 for 11, Manley 3 for 6 and Colin Chegwyn 3 for 17

A charity match at Bickland Park attracted a gate of 600 in April 1970

Killigrew Eagles 4 Westward TV 2 playing for the TV was Eire International Pat Dunne.

Does anyone know the history of the Eagles FC?

Mike,

John is my step-father-in-law, and as my son has an U14s match at 11.30 we wont make it down too early.

It will be obvious who we are as my polo says "chairman". Please say hello

Have'nt been able to get down the last few seasons for various reasons.

Look forward to meeting you.

John's record is on the TAFC website and is about 350+ goals in 9 seasons, and thats only the records I have from 1960 onwards.

See you all tomorrow

Paul