Cornwall Football Forum

fhfl div1 result 10/9/08

Guest geachy1

Pendeen Rovers 3-2 Moushole; Game played in very windy conditions, Pendeen started on the front foot from the off creating 2/3 good chances and eventually taking a lead through a pen...put away by Wadey...after this Pendeen continued to push on until on a Moushole break we gave a soft pen away (come on Ref never!!)which was duely tucked away ...game then became a little scrappy with some "choice tackles going in"....with a bout five mins to go in the half Wadey went on a run beating 3 players and chipping the keeper ...HT 2-1...second half and with the wind behind us Pendeen took a 3-1 lead through magic legs Jackson!!!...game again returned to be a little scrappy ...and Moushole nab another1 back (gotta of been 5 yards off!!)Domo was very unlucky hitting thewoodwork twice after good individual runs....overall i think Pendeen edge it although we really do need to play better....Moushole no9 had a good game and i thought Moushole were a lot better than when we played last Wed and we sneaked a 2-2 draw with 10 men!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Good luck2Moushole for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

FHFL Div1

Holmans 3 - 0 Chacewater

Holmans Goalscorers

Wayne Brown

Dominic Batchelor

John Mc Mahon

Good result for Holmans at home in very windy and wet conditions. Chacewater had a good spell for 20min in the 1st half however the 2 Holmans 16 year olds on the wings proved to be a handful all night and the win was probably deserved. 1-0 at half time from a Wayne Brown 18yd shot, Holmans scored early in the 2nd half with the wind from a well taken Dominic Batchelor free kick. A 3rd goal from substitute John Mcmahon sealed the 3 points in the 80th min

Holmans at home to Title favourites Falmouth Athletic on Saturday

A very good win for the Underdogs off Divi 1, Perranwell 3 unbeaten now!! Good game played in driving rain and a stiff wind coming off the River Fal!! Truro tried to hard to play total football which a times worked but the weather did'nt suit it and Perran battled well and took the game to them. Truro fielded a strong team, with Lett,Edwards and Peters in the team!!

But a VERY good win for Perranwell

Thanks Darren I thought you were Chacewaters best player last night

Obviously a more enjoyable game for us rather then the Defending Champions but i'm sure you will seek revenge at your place in a couple of weeks in the Junior Cup which will be a totally different game as we never travel to your place very well.

A good start for Holmans although its only 4 games in and its a marathon not a sprint.

Massive game against Athletic Saturday and we will be forced to make changes due to the unfortunate situation that in playing well as a 2nd team the Combination league managers take note and at the end of the day the 2nds are there to feed the 1sts resulting in good players getting opportunities at a higher level. (Bloody annoying though lol :D:D:D )

Looking forward to sats game at/against Holmans now, intrigued is the word!

could your game already be decider ???

sounds like it could be hard for holmans 2keep hold of there team!!!!

will be massive Holmans just by looking at results seem to be tight at the back and good doing forward? :thumbsup:

dont think you should call the game massive pittyon saturday if your 1st team have taken all your players ,have they not taken all of them already :yahoo: who is goin up with them now i bet marksy is loving that

Guest chacewater 7

well done 2 holmans played very well on the night and deserved 2 win. the mood at chacewater is not good at the moment and we havent had our full starting 11 4 any of the games we have played this season. our best centre back is out injured 4 what looks like a very long time and he makes a difference at the back. like i said all is not well with a few playres including luke kelland and chris tolley lookin 2 possibly leave the club. very few happy faces at the club but we will come good at some point,just hope its at perranwell on saturday. good luck holmans 4 saturday if u play the same team as last night im sure u will do the job against athletic. looking 4ward 2 our junior cup tie :P

Thanks Darren I thought you were Chacewaters best player last night

Obviously a more enjoyable game for us rather then the Defending Champions but i'm sure you will seek revenge at your place in a couple of weeks in the Junior Cup which will be a totally different game as we never travel to your place very well.

A good start for Holmans although its only 4 games in and its a marathon not a sprint.

Massive game against Athletic Saturday and we will be forced to make changes due to the unfortunate situation that in playing well as a 2nd team the Combination league managers take note and at the end of the day the 2nds are there to feed the 1sts resulting in good players getting opportunities at a higher level. (Bloody annoying though lol :D:D:D )

well i dnt kw wot game u were watchin last nite then? as i thought MIKE ELLIOTT ran his heart out 4 90mins, thought holmans played well usein the flanks well, and im not takin anything away from holmans 4 a great result on the nite! but my oppinion on the game was that no wonder ur 2 lads on the flanks had good games because evertime they got the ball they had time to to take a touch as the defence was always 10 to 15 feet off them instead of markin them a lot tiighter. And with holmans midfield men bein allowed to push fwd and findin space as chacewaters players just seemed to be goin through the motions. but to say darren was there best player id disagree there, he looked f--cked after about 15mins after gettin the run around from ur pacey fwds..So if u aint got alot of pace iand ur oponents have a fast fwd line the last thing u should be doin is allowin them time and space to run at u. mark them tighter or at least close them dwn as the 1st goal u had wayne brown had enough time to shoot as no one closed him dwn. he could hav had a pint up the club cum bk and still hav time to shoot as we just stood there and watched. but i think it will be a diff game up chacewater as im sure colin bennetts will give them a kick up the ass :ninja::ninja::ninja: :ninja:

Is it your first team taking the players back 4 sats or first teamers dropping down for midweek games?

MARINER DOES IT MATTER WEATHER ITS PLAYERS GOIN UP WITH 1ST TEAM OR 1ST TEAM DROPPIN DWN FOR THE MIDWEEK GAMES BUT U GOT TO FEEL SORRY FOR THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE TO MAKE WAY FOR 1ST TEAM PLAYERS TO HAV A RUN BUT THATS CLUB FOOTY. (OR WHEN A CLUB HAS 2 SIDES AND THE 1ST TEAM BRING PLAYERS IN FOR CERTAIN BIG GAMES AND DROP PLAYERS. IN WHICH YOU U CAN UNDERSTAND CLUBS WITH reserve sides have trouble with 2nd team players refusin to play 1st team.

(but clubs bring in ringers to win games at all cost but could still end up winning nowt cant they)

:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::drink::ninja: :ninja:

Is it your first team taking the players back 4 sats or first teamers dropping down for midweek games?

MARINER DOES IT MATTER WEATHER ITS PLAYERS GOIN UP WITH 1ST TEAM OR 1ST TEAM DROPPIN DWN FOR THE MIDWEEK GAMES BUT U GOT TO FEEL SORRY FOR THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE TO MAKE WAY FOR 1ST TEAM PLAYERS TO HAV A RUN BUT THATS CLUB FOOTY. (OR WHEN A CLUB HAS 2 SIDES AND THE 1ST TEAM BRING PLAYERS IN FOR CERTAIN BIG GAMES AND DROP PLAYERS. IN WHICH YOU U CAN UNDERSTAND CLUBS WITH reserve sides have trouble with 2nd team players refusin to play 1st team.

(but clubs bring in ringers to win games at all cost but could still end up winning nowt cant they)

:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::drink::ninja::ninja:

Hold on a minute!!! you guys are assuming we had a load of ringers in against Chacewater!!! We had one first team player who was the goalie as our regular keeper works away during the week and the rest were the same players who had played the 3 previous games. The 1sts have promoted a player due to his good form and a number of players being unavailable. Its called club football lads, you are in the fortunate position to be a 1st team that has the pick of the litter so before you come on here try and get some facts rather then speculate what tactics other clubs are employing!!!!

:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::drink::ninja::ninja:

Hold on a minute!!! you guys are assuming we had a load of ringers in against Chacewater!!! We had one first team player who was the goalie as our regular keeper works away during the week and the rest were the same players who had played the 3 previous games. The 1sts have promoted a player due to his good form and a number of players being unavailable. Its called club football lads, you are in the fortunate position to be a 1st team that has the pick of the litter so before you come on here try and get some facts rather then speculate what tactics other clubs are employing!!!!

pitty MY APPOLIGIES THAT POST WAS MEANT FOR MARINER BUD. WOT I SHOULD HAV POSTED TO U WAS THAT YOU PLAYED WELL AND IT DIDNT HELP CHACEWATER WHEN THEY GAVE UR PACEY FWDS SO MUCH ROOM. BUT DIDNT THINK MOST OF THEM WAS INTREASTED DO U

Stealth iwasn't knackered after 15 mins i was winded from one of the numerous challenges i had to make in the first 15 mins, i may be old but i'm still fit. Saying that stealth you where right about everything else, mike did run his heart out and we did give holmans too much room all over the park. Chacewater will come good i know they will too much talent there not to come good at some time hopefully the sooner the better.

The Chacewater players have a quick chance to put things right at Perranwell tomorrow but that game won't be an easy one as they have a blend of experienced and youthful players playing well down there.

Too many players not playing well and gave poor performances.Too much ability in the squad for the managers not too put things right.

Holmans fully deserved there win on Wednesday evening and Chacewater were well beaten.End of story.

Guest Damian Stevens

i think the realism of the results recently proves that this season there are 6/7 or 8 teams challenging for the title , Fal Athletic ( favourites in my eyes ) , Chacewater , Holmans, Truro,Perranwell,Pendeen,St Keverne and Mawnan ( yes Mawnan 'last of the bloody summer wine' Smith yawn yawn )

last season there was only 4 challenging , Chacewater,Mawnan,Athletic & St Keverne

all teams will take points of each other and will make it a very open league . Big strong squads the key .

Dear pitty & stealth, it was just a F*****G question, i wasnt implying a DAMN thing. Pair of dumb BONEHEADS, pitty i will see you 2moz!

Chacewater no7 with all uncertainty around your club a move back to former boys down at Athletic on the cards is it ?

Defo need some subs :lol:

Hey guys... stop all the doom and gloom about Chace for gods sake!!!!

Yeah we have lost 3 from 5... pendeen away who will win alot of home games, athletic who will beat most in our league and the other night at Holman's, who also will be near the top at the end of the season. No one has mentioned the fact that myself, Darren Bennetts, John Dunstan and Scott Gilbert were available against Holmans which is no excuse for the result.... but could be one reason why we did not perform to our highest level.

I agree the league will be fairly open this, and chace will be there abouts come the end provided we stop moaning about the first five games and start concentrating on the games ahead, starting at a decent Perranwell side on sat.

Another post and again its twisted, focus, mind your own if i wanted to be threatening i would of pm him so nosey people like yourselves dont get to interfere!

Hey guys... stop all the doom and gloom about Chace for gods sake!!!!

Yeah we have lost 3 from 5... pendeen away who will win alot of home games, athletic who will beat most in our league and the other night at Holman's, who also will be near the top at the end of the season. No one has mentioned the fact that myself, Darren Bennetts, John Dunstan and Scott Gilbert were available against Holmans which is no excuse for the result.... but could be one reason why we did not perform to our highest level.

I agree the league will be fairly open this, and chace will be there abouts come the end provided we stop moaning about the first five games and start concentrating on the games ahead, starting at a decent Perranwell side on sat.

I think for only the second time ever i agree with spenny lol, you can afford to lose a handful of games during the season and still be there in the mix, just so early on it makes tough for the rest of it.

only jokin with u mariner i watched holmans wednesday and they have got some good players but like pitty has said first team first dont think they will be up there but probably no one will ever want to play them :thumbsup:

well that can help both teams but if you play regular on it you do get to know perhaps how to play it. you guys must get frustrated playing at falmouth because they are small

i think the realism of the results recently proves that this season there are 6/7 or 8 teams challenging for the title , Fal Athletic ( favourites in my eyes ) , Chacewater , Holmans, Truro,Perranwell,Pendeen,St Keverne and Mawnan ( yes Mawnan 'last of the bloody summer wine' Smith yawn yawn )

last season there was only 4 challenging , Chacewater,Mawnan,Athletic & St Keverne

all teams will take points of each other and will make it a very open league . Big strong squads the key .

also albion who i dnt think are in league contetion unfortuantly :( . but are are capable of taking pionts off some off these teams. this going to be good season most competitive i seen for the last 3 or 4 years.

whot do u lot thimk