Cornwall Football Forum

Who will win the E.C Leagues?

Yea i agree Saltash to win the ECPL.

Not sure about the EC 1 though, Parkway have a good side but I think Blazey may pip them to it as they have a much better strikeforce.

St Blazey reserves will be boosted by the signing of former Probus striker Mike Dodd to replace Joel Cockings, who is out for at least the next six months following his leg break against Roche.

Personally, I think Saltash will win the Premier but Torpoint and Bodmin will run them close in the Premier and even at this early stage I cannot see past Parkway, although I have not seen them winning division one.

I see Bodmin second teamers Dave Mullis and Darryl Stiff both were in action for the first team on Saturday, although Stiff was an unused sub.

Let's hope it's an exciting season none the less.

For the Premier i think Saltash will win it, but i can see Launceston running them close....after there opening day defeat to Bodmin they have re-grouped and won 4 on the bounce....and obviously Bodmin themselves will be in the mix!!

As for Division One im going to be Biased and say Parkway to win the league (we have a big point to prove)!!

I can see Parkway,St Blazey and Roche battling it out for the title.

Yea i agree Saltash to win the ECPL.

Not sure about the EC 1 though, Parkway have a good side but I think Blazey may pip them to it as they have a much better strikeforce.

Bit of a comment that Spod!!

Define better strikeforce......have you had a look at the league table...6 games played...29 goals scored??

I'm going to give it until the teams have played at leat 7/8 games before seeing how the season is likely to pan out. Sitting on the fence maybe. At the moment you cant look much beyond Torpint, Saltash, Bodmin and Launceston for the Prem. Can St Stephen sustain their season?

Parkway are looking good in Div 1 along with St Blazey although Roche are looking promising. A long way to go yet though.

Yes i do agree with ECPL it is early doors but i feel that the teams showing promising signs early doors are the teams who will be there ot there abouts at the end of the season.

I agree with foz06 i am very interested in what Spod means by a beter strike force. Slightly biased i persume as Foz quite rightly said Plymouth Parkway have scored 29 goals in 6 games and from what i have heard they could have won by many many more in certain games. I think they are the team to beat this year!! The test will come in the cup when they meet Bodmin. Also Parkway played a full strength Torpoint side in the pre season last freindly for both sides before the season started and Parkway won 4-1 so very impressive so far!! Blazey and Roche looking good though

Relegation will depend on who comes down from the Peninsula League. I dodn't realise that it was now autamatic. The other thing is who would go up to the SWPL. As the league stands leaders St Stephen are the only team in the top seven who are not reserve teams. So I would suggest it is unlikely there will be any promotion from the ECPL.

If this is the case then rwo teams would be needed to make up the 32 required for the league. These would come from the top two of the Duchy League. Assuming the facilities etc are ok. I get the feeling entry into the ECPL will be tougher to impress next season.

After watching Parkway against Torpoint and then at St.Stephens, I thought that the parkway defence and midfield looked very solid and well balanced but i thought that the forward line was a bit 'one-dimensional', particularly lacking in pace. The big lad (I think its Avery) looked decent but i think you may struggle without him. Don't get me wrong Foz, you have a good side and i think anyone who finishes above you will be champions.

Gareth i know little about Mike Dodd to be honest, but i wish all the best as he has big boots to fill replacing Joel.

I think that bomin will probably win the premier with launceston coming close. i do wonder tho that if launceston first team dip into their squad like i understand they have before it may hinder their chances.

As for div 1 i have seen parkway play and they do look very strong, i would also think st blazey will be their strongest contenders. Little feeling that st dominic will start improving too.

Would be intrestin to see plymouth parkway in the premier as i understand they have finished well in the plymouth leagues. That cup match sounds very interestin!

:SM_carton:

After watching Parkway against Torpoint and then at St.Stephens, I thought that the parkway defence and midfield looked very solid and well balanced but i thought that the forward line was a bit 'one-dimensional', particularly lacking in pace. The big lad (I think its Avery) looked decent but i think you may struggle without him. Don't get me wrong Foz, you have a good side and i think anyone who finishes above you will be champions.

Gareth i know little about Mike Dodd to be honest, but i wish all the best as he has big boots to fill replacing Joel.

Good Point spod..we do lack pace up top...one of are strikers has been used as a left winger this season (lewis young)...he played there against torpoint and didnt feature against St stephens...he has the pace!!!

Avery is a decent player and will score a hat full of goals in that league..8 already!!!To be honest we lost him last year as he went to play for Millbrook....we finished 2nd and won the Cup..highest goal scorers in the league and had the best defensive record...although he is important to the team we have a squad with players who will all chip in with goals (i even scored against lifton, and thats saying something!!)So if he gets injured or suspended we will cope!!

Thanks for saying we have a good side.....but as ecpl said..its early days and there is a long way to go yet....although i must say..we are not even at Full Strength yet...by the end of September, we will be!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Also Parkway played a full strength Torpoint side in the pre season last freindly for both sides before the season started and Parkway won 4-1 so very impressive so far!!

Where did you get that from????

The score was 2-0 Parkway and it was anything but a full strength Torpoint side

Also Parkway played a full strength Torpoint side in the pre season last freindly for both sides before the season started and Parkway won 4-1 so very impressive so far!!

Where did you get that from????

The score was 2-0 Parkway and it was anything but a full strength Torpoint side

So who was missing then?!!scoreline was only 2-0..dont know where harris got that from seeing as he played in that game for parkway!!!

Yes you are right i have no idea where i got that score line from. It was 2-0 and i think i must have wrote 4-1 because i was looking at other scores on this forum and the scoreline 4-1 was in my mind.................

It was 2-0 and i personally know alot of the players that played and they said they were full strength apart from Jago, who would have made a difference but didnt play.

Harris you failed to mention that you played for Parkway in your earlier replies!!!!

I agree with you about the Torpoint game though, I don't think they had too many missing at all. Even Willsy graced us with his presence :P

Yeh sorry Spod, I do play for the Mighty Parkway.

Im glad that you agree with me though on the Torpoint front.

So you play in the same league? It's my first season with Parkway and as you can see we are off to a flyer and the lads are a real good bunch of boys which im sure you can agree makes playing alot more enjoyable.

ok chaps, very good to see that there is a lot of passion felt in your views and hope this makes for few tasty encounters on the pitch. (wouldn't like to be near a 50-50 between spod and foz06!!)

In reference to spod's comment about wilsey, if he is refering to the former first team centre back darren, i would be delighted to have an experienced head such as his if it were my team. graced with presense indeed! he was a grate player when i played with him a few moons ago.

When is parkway v plymstock???????????

I don't see why Foz would take my comments as offenseive?!?! In fact i've been quite the opposite and been complimentary on the whole about Parkway. Plus Plymstock have already played Parkway, unfortunately I didn't get to play as i was injured (im getting old!!).

And yes Willsy was and still is a very good player.

Typical ref trying to cause trouble me thinks ;)

I havent taken offence to anything 'spod' has said....like he said he has been nothing but complimentary and the chat that we have had has been anything but offensive towards either him or me!!!

We played plymstock a few weeks ago at Millbay Park and ran out 4-2 winners!!

The next encounter is at Deans Cross on the 8th November!!And as for the 50/50 im sure it will be done in a sporting way as opposed to a 'Ben Thatcher' kind of way!!!!!!

T :angry: his topic is about who will win the ec league and no one has mentioned tavistock in the mix. Having watch them recently i would include them they are stong contenders and have a very good set up. don't forget them!!!!

ok gents, think my comments have been taken in the wrong context. if anythin was kind of ment as a compliment with the 50-50 thing, am pleased to see players showin passion about their clubs as opposed to a lot of people who turn out and go through the motions.

nov 8, date on my calendar.

I knew you meant it in a GOOD way....my reply isnt a defensive comment..its a light hearted bit of banter!!Didnt take it in the wrong context....although i can see how it is written may lead to that outcome.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Yes you are right i have no idea where i got that score line from. It was 2-0 and i think i must have wrote 4-1 because i was looking at other scores on this forum and the scoreline 4-1 was in my mind.................

It was 2-0 and i personally know alot of the players that played and they said they were full strength apart from Jago, who would have made a difference but didnt play.

From the team that won the league the previous season only 5 played.

glad were all sorted now chap, will hopefully be able to catch another parkway game soon. Best of luck for sat in your respective cup gents.

Cheers Collina!!We have Sidmouth Town away in the Devon Premier Cup...should be interesting!!!

From the team that won the league the previous season only 5 played.

So?Obviously the manager of torpoint made signings most of those who came from Tamarside and if i remember correctly, did they not beat Torpoint in the Cup Final?!!!Clearly they are no mugs!! So because only 5 played from last seasons torpoint side....your assuming they werent at full strength?

Besides it was only a friendly which at the time was a good work out for both sides, the result although a good one for us at Parkway was irrelevant.

Guest ECPL Supporter

It was a great workout. I know the score line was irrelevant, and i said after the game what a good side you were. I was only stating that Torpoint were not at full strength. Yeah the manager has made new signings but lost only 1 player, so believe me, Torpoint had a lot of players missing. But that still doesn't take away the fact you are a good team. Put it this way, i wouldn't want to draw you in the cup, even at full strength!!!

It was a great workout. I know the score line was irrelevant, and i said after the game what a good side you were. I was only stating that Torpoint were not at full strength. Yeah the manager has made new signings but lost only 1 player, so believe me, Torpoint had a lot of players missing. But that still doesn't take away the fact you are a good team. Put it this way, i wouldn't want to draw you in the cup, even at full strength!!!

Okay, well im glad thats cleared up!!!To be honest we have a miff of a draw in the Cup...Bodmin away...nice and easy...NOT!!!