Cornwall Football Forum

league structuring

When are the combo league going to take a look at the standard being set. Ludgvan played 6 lost 6 conceded 29 goals and scored 1 Mullion played 7 won 1 lost 6 and conceded 31 goals. surely the time has come when they must let the top team from both mining league and fal/hel step up regardless of their facilities just to keep the league strong. Combo is the lowest form of senior football in the county, but one of the least competitive, only a few seasons ago a bottom team would still give the top teams a run for their money. Are the bottom teams holding back junior teams? Are players playing lower standard than they are capable of due to the strength of Truro last season and Perranporth this season?

Without a doubt we played a few combo teams last season in pre season friendlies inc Ludgvan and beat them with ease (when we were still a FHL2 team!) this pre season we drew 1-1 with St Just and lost narrowly to Hayle (who looking at there pics in the paper added a few 1st teamers in!) i believe the pyramid system should be put into position at all costs to make are leagues more competitive...(in other leagues i played in Liverpool & Cheshire u are given a time limit2get your facilities up2scratch)it seems to me that certain teams manage to stay up no matter what ....its mad cause i heard that Ludgvan team is a mix of lads from Hayle FHL2 team that got relegated plus a few local lads!?? But yea come on leagues officials lets get are leagues working on the FA pyramid system as promised!!! :c: