Cornwall Football Forum

stithians v penryn4ths

Coopsie - Are you saying that because no-one on the touchlines heard a comment that it is acceptable?

Would you expect the referee to go across to the touchlines to ask spectators whether they heard a comment or not?

There are a number of comments which are said in a game which the spectators do not hear and you as a player of some repute would be aware of that.

Nigel mate, that is not what I'm saying at all. I was referring to an earlier post that stated that sometimes a little understanding towards certain situations could be shown. At the time, Gulval were 5-0 down and there was only a couple of players playing with any desire. The lad that hit the freekick was one of these players and was simply venting his frustration and anger to his team-mates. It was obviously in no way meant to be offensive and you know as well as the next man that there's ALOT of passion on the pitch.

Fair enough if the player had hurled abuse at an opponent or the referee BUT he didn't. Come to think of it, I ran the line last night and in the second half when I raised my flag for an offside, the player who was offside shouted to me "you're fu**ing joking" and not a thing was said.

What some people are saying in this topic is just plain absurd. Judging by some of the responses on here, I should have been given my marching orders 3 years ago when I screwed up my cruciate ligament over at St Ives because when I did it I screamed out f**k at the very top of my voice.

Although rules are the same for every level the refs do apply them in different ways. Could you see 2 England players getting sent off for swearing tonight? late tackles are punished more the higher the level of football. I know in Falmouth and Helston 3 sometimes both teams can get away with kicking lumps out of each other!