Cornwall Football Forum

Well done to St. Cleer V Fowey United.

Guest Blackshirt

Guest Blackshirt

May I once again sing the praises of two teams I had the pleasure to referee today St. Cleer and Fowey United. Firstly thank you goes to St. Cleer for their hospitality right from the start I was given a drink before,halftime,and at the end of the game as this was a Duchy league Division one match this sort of hospitality is uncommon. I have known Russel Hale ( the manager of St. Cleer) for some time and he is doing a super job at St. Cleer very professional,

The game was played in a superb manner with no bad tackles or any dessent towards me, players from both sides asked questions about some decisions and approached me in a very respectful manner. Even though the conditions were some what wet the pitch was in very good condition, thanks goes to the St. Cleer grounds man whom by all accounts was working on it friday night and saturday morning trying to make sure the game was on. Both St. Cleer and Fowey United need to be praised for once again showing how football can and should be played. I wish both sides all the best this season and really hope I am lucky enough to officiate them again . You made my life easy during the game and I really enjoyed the match and you were the reason it was fun to officate. Once again good luck to both sides and thank you.

Ian Spurling ( Blackshirt)

P.S Russell please will you thank the young lady whom made the tea for me and look after me :drink::smiley20::clapper::thumbsup:

CHEERS

I feel that when teams do well and are respectful towards match officals they should be named and the League should be informed as sometimes we are quick to be criticize and not praise.

Blackshirt.

Ian, Thanks for the very kind comments.I agree that both teams played the game how it should be played. The duchy league gets its critics but there are good footballing teams out there with very good players. I am very proud of my lads, they never let me or the club down. As a former ref I know the difficulties and it is only right that match officials are respected. I will pass on your kind comments, thanks again and good luck for the rest of the season.

Russell Hale, St Cleer Manager