Cornwall Football Forum

Andorra-England

Guest Postie Pidge

Listened to the 2nd half on the radio and the commenteters couldn't stop laughing at just how bad Andorra were, at least I think they were laughing at them not us, and I got the jist that Truro would definetly give them a game and probably go in as favorites. so Im sorry but to beat these lot 2 nil is a shambles!!

In a group that could well come down to goal difference why not really go for it and attack attack attack!!!? :SM_carton:

What an Embarrassment this England team is. The players should not be paid for playing for their country, they should give the money to the fans who travelled to watch that rubbish ( England supporters who got tickets from the England official site). Players should want to play for England purely for the pride for wearing the 3 lions on the shirt not for £100 grand plus.

Guest mariner

I watched some of the game (cause it was that damn boring kept switching over to watch the tennis) no pace no passion no flare just very workmen like, weds should be interesting lol

We are paying the price of importing Johnny Foreigner to manage, coach and play here to the mass exclusion of our own talent.

Until things change, we are stuck with it and need to support and encourage them rather than slate all the time. Hopefully, one Day the Govt.and FA will realise that money really must come down to the grassroots and be spent on facilities,coaches and clubs.

Guest mariner

How can you encourage that tosh, if it was 1 game where England could show their fans pacey attacking football with goals aswell it was last night and they FAILED they didn't even try, that was the disappointing part.

How can you encourage that tosh, if it was 1 game where England could show their fans pacey attacking football with goals aswell it was last night and they FAILED they didn't even try, that was the disappointing part.

I agree it's difficult,but if you're a fan you just have to encourage ,just like at club level.

Absolutely spot on Mr Chairman.

And I also believe that our so called English superstars put themselves in the world class category just because they play in the worlds finest league with some of the worlds finest imports and therefore as individuals they consider themselves as world beaters. But they are simply not technically good enough to compete on the international stage as a group of individuals without the technical attributes of foreigners in the side.

This is not particulary helped by the fact they also earn lucrative amounts of money so their egos and status are blown up to such an extent that when they go into qualifiers like this Wednesday they are seen as the giants, the pressure gets too much and they underperform against Countries we believe we should be too good for!

And then as a nation of football nuts that we are, we slaughter them again!!

Guest mariner

They shouldnt need encouraging this is to qualify for the WORLD CUP for f**k sake there not children apparently the cream of our great nation if pulling on the England shirt for a WORLD CUP qualifier and money and not reaching the EURO doesnt warrant a good performance i dont know what does but still they need ENCOURAGING lol

Why should we stick up for these players, after all this is their full time job. If i put in a days work like they did last night i would be given the sack as simple as that. They deserve all the bad press they are recieveing at the present time. If they think this is bad if they play like they did last night on Wednesday then they will feel the full force of the nation and the newspapers on their backs. Which i believe is rightly deserved on their recent performances as after all Andorra were a part time team after all not a bunch of people who earn more than most in 1 week than the rest of us do in 5 years

Surely the increase of foreigners would help the players out. Dont we all become better players when we play with better? You learn and watch and study and take those things on board, surely. And as I have stated before we still have a massive pool of players to choose from all, bar one, playing in the most competetive league in the world, just look at the players not in the squad or on the outskirts of the squad. If he wanted Capello should have been able o play a 2nd team and absolutly destroy Andorra so no I dont think we should wrap an arm round them and encourage them they should all be ashamed and give the match fees to charity or as earlier suggested those fans who are crazy enough to travel and watch, tip my hat to those guys!

And on another note what the hell are BBC doing with our money allowing Setanta to win the bidding war, national disgrace if you ask me!!! :SM_carton:

Guest crosser

And on another note what the hell are BBC doing with our money allowing Setanta to win the bidding war, national disgrace if you ask me!!! :SM_carton:

setanta only got it because its not really a ratings winner is it, oh why don't we sit down and watch 11 over paid under achieving players running round a pitch.

Do yourself a favour don't bother watching it check the result online and save yourself 90minutes of stress, and then just have a giggle about the result, and remember the glory years of Sven.