Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League - Results 06 September 2008

Mining 3

Heamoor 0 - 6 Redruth Utd Res (h/t 0-1)

Could and should have been double figures but for some woefull finishing from Redruth, game played in great spirts and all credit to Heamoor who never gave up and big thanks to the young guy who agreed to ref at the last minute, would have been a long way to go to then not play because of no ref

Spice 2 v St Just 2

Good natured game, Spice goalscorers Brett Adams & Nick Adams,Spice we're poor & St Just battled hard and there Goalie in the second half made a few cracking saves,a draw a fair result all things considered. Thanks to Gav for reffing who didnt do a bad job after the match official was involved in a accident on the way to the game, hope all is well.

DIV 1

Gwinear v Gulval - OFF -

Halsetown 7, Trispen 2.

Robartes 2, St Ives 2.

St Buryan 2, Four Lanes 1.

Spice of Life 2, St Just 2.

Storm v Troon - OFF -

Threemilestone 3, Illogan 1.

Trevenson 2, Redruth Utd 1.

DIV 2.

Madron 2, Threemilestone 3.

Mt Ambrose v Chacewater - OFF -

Mousehole ? Goonhavern ?

Newlyn N.A. 3, Holmans 1.

St Agnes ? Crown Inn Glory ?

Sennen 10, Illogan 1.

Titans 3, Halsetown 2.

DIV 3.

Heamoor 0. Redruth Utd 6.

Ludgvan ? West Cornwall ?

Marazion v Cornish New Boys - OFF -

Newlyn N.A. 5, Gulval 2.

Pendeen 5, Trevenson 1.

St Ives Mariners 9, Madron 2.

Wendron 1, St Buryan 4.

Guest postman pat

mining 2

titans 3 halstown res. 2

titans just about deserved to win the game today but halstown will feel very dissapointed as titans seemed to get the rub of the green as far as refs decisions went. :mellow:

this was a much improved display by the titans after a woefull display midweek against portreath.

titan scorers tim james (pen) graham jewell and tom milburn. :thumbsup:

titans next game is home to holmans on wednesday evening if floodlights are working :P looking forward to playing chinners army :drink: :c:

TREVENSON 2 REDRUTH UTD 1

hard fought local derby ,with redruth taking the lead with a cracking shot from 25 yards from ryan baber ,trevenson huffed and puffed and finally got some luck when the ball struck the hands of a redruth player to give matt sara a chance from the penalty spot to make it 1-1,both teams cancelled each other out untill the dying minutes when a shot come cross deflected of a redruth player and went in the top corner,trevenson were fortunate to win the match ,and a point a piece would have been right.

Pendeen 5 .v. Trevenson Res 1

A poor Trevenson performance who can't quite play to their potential at the moment against a tidy Pendeen side. Half time 2 - 0, two awry back passes and crucially about 10 mins into second half Pendeen scoring their third. An improved second half performance from Trevenson but with no cutting edge. Shaun Wilkins with Trevensons goal after some excellent build up play.

troon 2nds played yesterday so troon couldnt of been short of players

very frustrating that troon didnt turn up, i spent most of the morning

marking the pitch in the bad weather.

can anyone from troon give a reason why no show?

Hold on a minute, Troon 2nd team played but Troon 1st team didn't??. If that is what you're saying jules mate, surely the league will come down on them like a tonne of bricks?. I thought all 1st team fixtures took priority and in the event of either team being short it is ALWAYS the reserve fixture that is postponed.

Gents before you all get your knickers in a twist over the Troon v Storm game yesterday it had nothing to do with Troon 1st not being able to raise a team.....FACT!

I am not sure about the reason the game was not played but i am sure it will all come to light within the next few days.

MINING 2 Madron 2-3 Threemilestone res

A decent game which saw both sides try to play to feet in difficult conditions. TMS opened the scoring when Elliott Jolly stole in at the back post after a good cross from Matt Luff. Unfortunately for the Stones this lead lasted less than 90 secs when the Madron forward scored after he rolled the TMS defence.

Both teams had chances with Madron hitting the crossbar and the Stones having a goal disallowed, however, the awayside did go into the break 2 -1 up after Adam Stephens headed home a cross from Josh Turner.

The second half was much as the first with both teams endeavouring to play football although the longer grass in the middle of the pitch made it difficult. Madron equalised with 15 minutes to go when one of the Stones defenders managed to slice a clearance into his own net.

This seemed to invigorate Madron and they probably should have scored again, however with 90 seconds left Matt Luff fired home from a cross by Mark Mitchell to win the game.

Thanks go to Madron for their hospitality; it was a hard fought encounter with both sides giving 100%.

Guest smudger08

Troon 2nds played Porthleven Rangers yesterday & talking to the Rangers boys last night, Shane Richards & Matt Harris played up front for Troon. Shane told 1 of Ports players that the 1st team game was posponed because of a waterlogged pitch ! <_<

Matty Harris playing up front aswell as watching from in the dugout now thats impressive even for Matt!!

Do you actually think that a team like Troon, who are top of the league,wanting to gain promotion back into Senior football would struggle to raise a team??!! I can honestly say that Troon were not in the wrong what so ever this weekend and all will come to light shortly, i know this site is for opinions from everyone, but please only comment on Troon AFC if you know what you are saying is correct, we are a very proud club and do not wish to be sla**ed off by those of you who have nothing better to do rather than come on here and spread rumours that are no where near true.

So please less of this.... :SM_carton: until you know the facts!!

Would never slag off a club, especially one like Troon. I know alot of your players, and had some great games against them over the years. No slagging off done by me at all. You have a cracking side there and i wish you well. I was just stating what i was told, no piss taking intended.. Most of your players know who i am. I do not know the facts so hold my hands up on that one. :huh:

Its inevitable people will comment on this topic Jman, and the current facts, which are Storm warming up in readiness for massive match, referee ready to officiate and 3 spectators ready to watch top game!! :P

We wait, patiently for the reason for this confusion, and like you say I'm sure you would'nt risk not turning up for such an important game without good reason :unsure:

Troon 2nds played Porthleven Rangers yesterday & talking to the Rangers boys last night, Shane Richards & Matt Harris played up front for Troon. Shane told 1 of Ports players that the 1st team game was posponed because of a waterlogged pitch ! <_<

Matty Harris playing up front aswell as watching from in the dugout now thats impressive even for Matt!!

Should hope he was ''watching from in the dugout'' seeing as according to the CCFA's website he's currently suspended :SM_carton:

Matthew Harris

Suspension : 35 days from 12/5/2008 to 1/6/2008 and from 1/9/2008 to 14/9/2008

Club: Troon F.C. League: One & All Sports Mining Division League Case: 3313556S

Other Clubs: St Just

troon 2nds played yesterday so troon couldnt of been short of players

very frustrating that troon didnt turn up, i spent most of the morning

marking the pitch in the bad weather.

can anyone from troon give a reason why no show?

surely someone knows something by now why didnt troon turn up . storm and the referee obviously thought the game was on. the league need to sort this quickly so everyone knows where they stand