Cornwall Football Forum

Combination League Results Service

Here are the matches being played on

Jolly's Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 6th September 2008

Falmouth Town Reserves (Ryan Harris) 1-1 Hayle Reserves (Chris Bullock)

Att - 45

Holman SC (Andy Hill, Andy Miles) 2-3 St Day (Perran Cooke, Rodney Gregory, Garath Jones)

Att - 20

Illogan RBL (Marcus Smith, Andy Cowper) 2-4 Penzance Reserves (Ashley Thomas, Danny Magee, Bradley Wills, Ross Badcock)

Att - 44

Perranwell (Ieuan Boon 3, Jon Blundel 3, Steve Brewer, TJ Wilson, Adam Selly) 9-0 Ludgvan

Att - 30

Perranporth (Justin Andrew 2, Kayne Trevaskis 2, Dean Harris, Steve Rowson) 6-0 Mullion

Att - 60

Portreath (Adam Nuciforo, Adam Johns) 2-2 Newquay Reserves (Joff Bunt, Tom Taylor)

Att - 5

St Agnes (Tom Benny 4, Rid Purnell, Dan O'toole, Darren Murrish) 7-2 RNAS Culdrose (Shane Abrahams, Chris Morris)

Att - 50

St Ives Town (Darren Steadman 3, Chris Russell) 4-4 Porthleven Reserves (Tom Wordsworth 2, Tom Russell, Paul Ainscough)

Att - 30

St Just (Tom Welch, Chris Curnow) 2-2 Helston Athletic (Dwyane Britten, Kieth Jacka)

Att - 30

Wendron CC United Reserves (Steven Hurst, Luke Murray) 2-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Stefan Churcher)

Att- 35

Portreath 2 (? v Newquay 2 (Bunt, Taylor)

Attendence 5

Not sure which was more dissapointing...a Portreath side who I have heard so many good reports or another lifeless performance from a Newquay side just going through the motions during games. Newquay's Andy Harris the stand-out player with a typical gutsy performance in an otherwise limp game of football.

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth Town Reserves 1 - 1 Hayle Reserves (H/T 0-1)

Town: M. Rose, S. Hawke, D. Rawlings, A. Clode, R. Kellow, D. Friend, S Peters, S. Kellow, S. Halford, B. Wheeler, R. Harris. Subs used: S. Winnan, I. Grant. Unused: M. Glanville, C. Andrew

0-1 45m (direct free kick)

1-1 68m Ryan Harris header from a corner

Referee: Martin Ault (Lanner)

Attendance: 45

Holmans 2-3 St Day

Holmans scorers. Andy hill, Andrew miles.

St Day scorers Baz Williams 50 yard free kick that took a wicked bounce off the pitch to go in off the underside of the bar, Rodney gregory, Gareth jones (pen) dubious decision by the ref.

att. 20 ish.

ref watch: wfull for both sides.

Quote of the day. the ref said he was hoping to award a pen to holmans as he felt he made an error for st day's pen. good of him to admit he was wrong but not too sure how he was going to award a pen to the other side.

Portreath 2 (? v Newquay 2 (Bunt, Taylor)

Attendence 5

Not sure which was more dissapointing...a Portreath side who I have heard so many good reports or another lifeless performance from a Newquay side just going through the motions during games. Newquay's Andy Harris the stand-out player with a typical gutsy performance in an otherwise limp game of football.

Not really sure what you expected today jollyman, I thought you were lucky to go away with a point, I think you slightly edged the 1st half but your keeper was the buisiest in the 2nd half & kept you in it....your right though maybe not a great game for the purist but taking into account the players who left us for new pastures...I think we're doing ok....and we didn't let you play the way you may have liked.

Some funny moments in the gme though.....like your centre forward diving in the box in the 2nd half & our leftback Aaron who got shot by a sniper after crashing into the side rail....made me giggle...

Ps...there was more than 5 there today...

What a beautiful game of football played at the saltings today!! newquay would of been shocked!

Goals for st.ives D.Steadman with 3 and Chris Russell with a header!!

good game of football which was well played, and a great game for any neutral watching!!

good luck to porthleven for the rest of the season!!

i agree beachboy, a really good game of football at the saltings today!

i thought port were finished at half time! stives had sum decent chances to of scored even more by then!

but credit to port in the second half, they gave as good as they they got and played sum good football and it took a fine save from the st ives keeper in injury time to keep the scores level.

good game played in the right spirit :thumbsup:

last week was a physical game for both sides!! your "young team" getting intimidated yet there weren't that many youngsters playing!!

today was a different style of game which everyone playing and watching thought was a good game!!

funny how the 1st team are complaining about the ref blowing the whistle saying its a mans game..........

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks, if the "Big" leagues can do attendances why can't we.

Has anyone gone out and got the Sunday Independent. To save me going out and getting a copy just for a couple of bits of info, open up your copy, look at the combo write-ups and tell me who was the other Culdrose scorer apart from the own goal and is Taylor the surname or christian name of the Nwquay scorer.

Plus this won't be in the paper but how many at the St Just v Helston match yesterday

Cheers in advance

CTB.

Portreath 2 - 2 Newquay

Newquay will be disappointed to come away from Clijah with a point after a tough battle in difficult conditions. The pitch held up relatively well considering the amount of recent rain and the end-to-end wind made it difficult for both sides.

Portreath took the lead after a couple of minutes when a left wing cross resulted in Adam Nuciforo outjumping the Newquay defender to glance the ball into the bottom corner, with the low bounce evading the Newquay 'keeper.

Newquay responded well and Dave Rabone had two good chances to get Newquay level, but both strikes went over the bar. Sustained Newquay pressure was rewarded when Shaun Lawrence delivered an outstanding left wing cross from a free kick and Joff Bunt rose highest above a static Portreath defence to head home the equaliser.

Portreath had a half chance following a goal-mouth scramble and Newquay should have been leading at the interval, Shaun Lawrence picked out Michael Rabone who hit the side netting when well placed to score.

The second half continued in a similar manner, Dave Rabone went through one-one-one after some great work by Adam Weller and Shaun Lawrence, he lofted the ball over the keeper and could only watch on as it drifted wide.

Midway through the second half Newquay took the lead. A long throw was flicked on and Michael Rabone turned the defender in the box, the ball dropped to the feet of Tom Taylor who lifted his shot towards the far corner of the goal. The Portreath goalkeeper could only palm the ball into the bottom corner and Newquay were ahead.

The scrappiest period of the game followed, Newquay appeared to drop off a little following their goal. Portreath's centre back was booked for a very poor tackle from behind that could have caused a serious injury. It's a good job Sepp Blatter wasn't holidaying in Redruth as he'd have been very unhappy with that challenge and the referee's decision to award a yellow card.

With around ten minutes left on the clock, Newquay failed to clear the ball on the left and Adam Johns was allowed too much space and time. Johns managed to work his way into the box and found the bottom corner from a narrow angle to restore parity.

The final ten minutes were relatively uneventful, James Merrikin was called into action a couple of minutes from time and did well to make a save to keep the scoreline level. Newquay will be disappointed that they did not convert their chances and put the game out of sight by half-time.

Newquay host Penzance on Tuesday at Mount Wise for their 99th meeting.

Newqauy scorers were JoFF bunt (not Joss) and Tom Taylor.

The attendence of 20 was just passers by from another game that finsihed before ours.

Im sorry to hear Portreath have lost alot of players from last year. It explains why the game was not as hard as I had expected as I heard so many good things about the way you were playing last year.

Portreath have still made an excellent start and it ios good to see promoted clubs doing well such as Porthleven and St Day have done. (also, award for the biggest changing room in the league !)

Would just like to agree with local boy. A fantastic game of football that had everything. 8 goals, both keepers making great saves, 2 excellent strikers on show, Darren Steadman for St Ives & Tom Wadsworth for Porthleven & some shocking defending from both sides but the supporters watching must have really enjoyed their day at the saltings. Just a pity my m8 Dave Kemp from Perranwell wasnt there watching ! :P Special mention to the referee today, Chris Stevens was excellent & well done to both sides, not a bad tackle in the whole game. Good luck to St Ives for the rest of the season. News on Chris Strike, he has a nice egg sized lump on his forehead but it hasnt ruined his good looks. :D

To cornishteddyboy, Ports goalscorers were, Tom Wadsworth 2, Tom Russell & Paul Ainscough.

St Just 2 - 2 Helston

Duane and Keith Jacka

Can't comment on anything else as wasn't there

Lads well done, not an easy place to go and come away with anything.... except bruising!!...... calm down all just kidding. Patriot pass my best on to the lads and hope the little one is ok!....... baby that is! :clapper:

Also well done to my mates down at St Ives, good result as Port will turn over most of that league once they all gel, shouldn't be to long as most played together down Helston.... okay Kev and gang only jesting with you all....good luck for the rest of the season :D