Cornwall Football Forum

St Newlyn East WITHDRAW from ECPL

The ECPL have announced the WITHDRAWAL of St Newlyn East from the competition The resignation letter arrived today and has reluctantly been accepted. Their record well be expunged

Not too long ago when a club progressed from junior to senior it would be major football news and a lot of thought would have gone in to this transition.

But now with the adopted 'Pyrimid' promotion/relegation and invites into reorganisation of leagues many clubs seem to have said yes long before any deep planning and foresight into what at the instance was an exciting and euphoric move.

I think the fine is up to £200

To a certain extent you are right Mike Odgers and I'm sure the league will now look at all new applications very closely. To be fair there has to be a a couple of years settling down period and the expanson of the league has certainly brought that on.

One of the problems is this (childish) view that you must have Senior and Junior standard of football in Cornwall.

Any league which is not a Youth or Junior league must now be classed as SENIOR FOOTBALL. Unfortunately the rich pickings enjoyed by the CCFA when swapping players from one to the other has to be removed to alleviate clubs being scared of losing their senior status.

I'm afraid it is not. Most of the leagues are classed as Senior football ie MENS. Yes leagues do have Premieer, senior and intermediate cup competitions. But all that is , is differentiating between different levels of MENS senior football. Cornwall I am afraid is virtually on its own. It is just a money making excercise nothing else. To debar a MAN from playing SENIOR football because he is classed as a JUNIOR player (to everyone else that is a teenage or youth football) is bizarre and unnessecary, unless of course he pays up.

I'm afraid it is not. Most of the leagues are classed as Senior football ie MENS. Yes leagues do have Premieer, senior and intermediate cup competitions. But all that is , is differentiating between different levels of MENS senior football. Cornwall I am afraid is virtually on its own. It is just a money making excercise nothing else. To debar a MAN from playing SENIOR football because he is classed as a JUNIOR player (to everyone else that is a teenage or youth football) is bizarre and unnessecary, unless of course he pays up.

No, sorry, you're wrong. Virtually all counties have distinctions between senior/inter/junior compeititons. In most of the South East counties for example, a club has to apply for and be granted "senior status" before it can apply to a "senior league"

I agree that there seems to be little point to such distinction, but to say cornwall is out on its own is incorrect.

--

Richard

ECPL, there is no ban on any amount of junior players stepping up to play senior football, so yet again you are wrong, so please stop trying to pick holes in Richards post, what he means by the word "virtually" is that to his experience and knowledge that is the case as is with my own experience having officiated in at least 10 counties. So please accept that your supposition as to the CCFA being on their own is incorrect.