Cornwall Football Forum

Englands Qualifiers

Now that the madness of the Transfer Window has died down.We can look forward to England.

I got a horrible feeling what the next 2 games are going to be like,a struggling victory against Andorra,

and a point versus Croatia.

Just a thought about,the lack of England players.I have put together a squad of players that maybe

injured or not selected;

HART,KIRKLAND,CARSON;

G.NEVILLE,RICHARDS,WOODGATE,WHEATER,KING,CAMPBELL,SHOREY;

LENNON,WRIGHT-PHILLIPS,GERRARD,CARRICK,HARGREAVES,YOUNG,HUDDLESTONE,PARKER;

CROUCH,OWEN,ASHTON,AGBONGALOR;

All these players have been selected for previous squads.

Can anyone think of any other players.

Seems to me maybe all this negativity about the foreign players,could be an excuse for Englands

dismal form.

That's not a bad squad

Your views folks.

As Iv said in a previous thread England still has a massive pool of players to choose from despite the influx of foreigners to our game. Bigger than the vast majority of teams at the Euros and probably the world cup we probably wont be at if Capello keeps picking the same tactics skipper team as previous managers. Its just an excuse to blame the foreigners, in my opionion its a case of the players not being brave enough on the international scene and the manager not being brave enough to actually make changes, except the one of not picking our top and only regular scorer!! Getting deja vu here!!!! :blink:

I defo think England have the team but yet no manager has yet found the winning formulation...maybe since El-Tel! euro 96!!!! +

maybe its the lack off time national managers get with players(yea i know they all have basically the same time) but i truly think its down to formation& personal .... :ninja: i'm suprised hes dropped Owen again and yet keep going for Rooney (who i don't think has played well for England4 two years) Heskey instead of Crouch especially with Crouch's goals to game ratio...and on top off that Heskey and Owen has always been awesome together for England i think Owen has like 75%of his England goals with Hesky....I think we should also play a 3-5-2 form; James, Rio,Terry, Richard (Rio Sweeping)Hargreaves/Barry Holding in the five with Gerrard/Cole (Joe) Pushing through the mid. Wright Phillips on the Right & Downing/A Cole on the Left With Crouch/Heskey and Defoe/Owen up top just my team!

BUT MY BIGGEST GRIPE IS THE FA should have no rights to stick the games on Sentanna!!! it should be on the BBC end off!!! :angry2::angry2: :angry2:

we are anation of moaners fact!! We always give the manager stick for not having the balls to drop the big name players and then when he does drop owen who by no way in the last 12 months has played enough games to warrent playing for england we moan !! This is why the job is so difficult. When he was at Milan he used to know every single stat of every player he had, he had stats which showed Ruud Gullit was getting past it and guess what sold him against everyones wishes the next summer, look where his career went after that no where !! The guy is one of the best of in the world at what he does and until we start to back them we will never get any where

I have every confidence in him cos if he cant get it done can you name some one who can ? EXACTLY !!

Got to agree with you about setanta sports wot a piss take, but i suppose they are trying to get the money back from not qualifying !!!

we are anation of moaners fact!! We always give the manager stick for not having the balls to drop the big name players and then when he does drop owen who by no way in the last 12 months has played enough games to warrent playing for england we moan !! This is why the job is so difficult. When he was at Milan he used to know every single stat of every player he had, he had stats which showed Ruud Gullit was getting past it and guess what sold him against everyones wishes the next summer, look where his career went after that no where !! The guy is one of the best of in the world at what he does and until we start to back them we will never get any where

I have every confidence in him cos if he cant get it done can you name some one who can ? EXACTLY !!

Got to agree with you about setanta sports wot a piss take, but i suppose they are trying to get the money back from not qualifying !!!

eh i aint moaning about dropping big names i'm all 4 it get rid of Beckham and Lamps4sure...no i ain't anti Lamps i just don't see him doiing it 4England and also you gotta really pick between him and Gerrard i think ....As for Capello being the right man only time will tell init?? but eh 6mill a year should be enough reasons to suceed.....as 4 the FA selling us down the river it go's to show how much the average fan means to the FA f all!!! but looking at wEMBLEY DURING THE Check game your likely to get a seat at that over priced ballon off a stad..(have been there it is nice but 4 that money should have heated seats and other luxuries!!!

Just been reading the England v Andorra post.

Guess what some threads say the reason for the poor result.Foreign influx of players.

What rubbish.Obvisously have'nt read this post.

I had feeling this would happen.That's the reason I started the post.

Did anyone see the England v Portugal U21 Qualifier on Friday night?

Power,Passion,Pride,good football against a very strong technical team.

Attacking play,creating chances,could have scored more than 2 goals.Great.

Players like,Agbohngalor,Milner,Huddlestone,Hart,O'Hara,etc.and an English Manager who cares.

So dont tell me,we got no talent.

We've just got a squad of overpaid,pampered ponces,who care more about there clubs.

Along with that we have the useless F.A running this rudderless ship, with its only priority,

is how to pay off the massive debt,Wembley left.

Thats why the future,looks gloomy.

Why all the doom and gloom, last night was a massive result! :P

Our 'superstar' England team despatched the 186th best team in the world, that has less registered football teams in it's country (27!!) than the South West Peninsula League, with a display that produced 3 shots on target from having 79% of possession! :unsure:

Now if that's not got you buzzing about facing the 5th best team in the world and Euro 2008 quarter finalists on their own patch, then nothing will!

I for one cannot wait for Wednesday, I think we all know what's gonna happen!!

But at least when Wednesday's all over, we can get back to what all the players really care about, their clubs and all that wonga!!!

Yep agree.Can you now see why people are totally fed up with this continued dross England serve up,

and are more concerned about their clubs.

Years ago it was Man Utd fans,who didnt give a f--k about England.

They were slaughtered for it as well.

But now more and more supporters are doing it.

Just wondered how much it cost to go and support England last night and on Wednesday?

Anybody got any ideas?

Just wondered how much it cost to go and support England last night and on Wednesday?

Anybody got any ideas?

Yep, too much. The poor sods should be compensated for going through such an ordeal.

Yep agree.Can you now see why people are totally fed up with this continued dross England serve up,

and are more concerned about their clubs.

The problems are clear to see and will be easily viewed on wednesday night. Just look at the whole difference in mentality between Croatia and our own nation. Slaven Bilic gets £50,000 per year to manage his country and look at the pride and passion he and his team are willing to put into EVERY performance.

BUT MY BIGGEST GRIPE IS THE FA should have no rights to stick the games on Sentanna!!! it should be on the BBC end off!!!

As this was an away game, the FA don't have the rights to sell, that was up to the Andorran Football Federation, just as the rights for Wednesday's game belong to the Croatian FF. The FA can sell the rights to home games, and I believe they will all be on ITV terrestrial.

--

Richard

At last, I've found an entertaining England football team this evening on ITV1 (Soccer Aid), admittedly it's a mixture of celebs and old greats, watching the S.A.S up front brings back the memories of the good old days of Euro 96!! :D

I don't know about Di Canio taking over as manager of West Ham, I think he could still do a job as a player!

What's the old saying.....

Form is temporary, class is permanent!!

Shearer hits the hat-trick just as I type this.

Fancy a game on Wednesday Al?!

At last, I've found an entertaining England football team this evening on ITV1 (Soccer Aid), admittedly it's a mixture of celebs and old greats, watching the S.A.S up front brings back the memories of the good old days of Euro 96!! :D

I don't know about Di Canio taking over as manager of West Ham, I think he could still do a job as a player!

shearer wouldnt get in!! cappello only likes goal shy forwards :P

shearer wouldnt get in!! cappello only likes goal shy forwards :P

I think he's just realised that, he's only gone and claimed he didn't touch the ball for the potential hat-trick goal.

What's the football world coming to, England winning a trophy and Shearer giving goals away. It's all too much for me, I'm gonna take a lie down!!