Cornwall Football Forum

Well done St Ives

A great advert tonight for cornish football!!

Well done with a point, the most intimidating behaviour that ive heard or seen in a game ever. Threats, off the ball incidents, apologies from St Ives players for others behaviour.John Simpson managed to sum it up at hte end of hte game when I didn't shake his hand saying " It's only a game mate!!"

WHAT A JOKE

You do tend to lose your rag after being kicked,punched to pieces during a game. As much as swearing at officials isn't on, you cannot put that in the same category as the points above. Our player got booked for it as did a St Ives player- two yellows for St Ives. Can anyone out there guess who for???

I do not understand how human beings cannot see that that sort of behaviour on a football pitch or anyone sporting venue is acceptable. It unfortunately is a sad reflection on society.

Never mind, life goes on.

Finding this all very hard to believe! Played against St Ives lots and never have I seen them kick punch stud spit at anyone and I tell you what else its deinately never towards the younger or quieter players, hell Ive never seen Steadman scream and threaten his own player let alone the opposition always found them complete gents and a pleasure to play against!!! :yahoo: :clapper:

You do tend to lose your rag after being kicked,punched to pieces during a game. As much as swearing at officials isn't on, you cannot put that in the same category as the points above. Our player got booked for it as did a St Ives player- two yellows for St Ives. Can anyone out there guess who for???

I do not understand how human beings cannot see that that sort of behaviour on a football pitch or anyone sporting venue is acceptable. It unfortunately is a sad reflection on society.

Never mind, life goes on.

not when he swore at the ref, the ref told him not to do it again, then booked him in the 2nd half for dissent!!

thanks for the hospitality of newquay, realy enjoyed myself last night :clapper:

Guest Peppermint

I watched the game and agree with Grant but then Forum users will say but he is biased. However it is strange when Kappa can immediately pinpoint two of the troublemakers although he was not at the game!!!!!

No one at Newquay is disputing the penalty but it will be interesting as the season progresses if any other club experiences what happened at Mount Wise last night and as Grant stated this does nothing for Cornish Football. I suppose as Newquay have comparitively young side then unfortunately they are going to come up against this intimidating behaviour on a few ocassions.

Famous quote from St Ives Committee Meting.......

"If you lot carry on like this you'll have a reputation like St Just".

As far as I'm concerned Stead'n'Simpson are purveyors of sensible shoes. Good on them....and Lee Norman is one of the nicest people in the game as well. The Tinners would be honoured to sign them any time ! They're probably being given a hard time because they've done something outrageous like not lose to a couple of John Roberts's favourite clubs or something ! He's just bitter because of what Matt Harris did to his you-know-whom when the wheelchair went.....no, I can't go into it, that would be in bad taste !

Come on Combo....when are we going to get a final at Lafrowda or the Saltings ?

The Tinners would prefer to play on slippery cobbles every week ! (Better surface than Moaners' Corner any day).

All time best St Just team of the century for a rainy derby match in Penlee Park !......

Sylvanus Trevains

Dennis Way

Steve Curnow

Fred Chinner

Lee Norman

Neil Curnow

John Simpson

Richard Carroll

Karl Williams

Steve Capeling

Steadman

Subs: Tim Lord, Kevin Boase, Randall Olds, Jamie Ahearn, Dickie George

OK, Steadman has never played for St Just, but if he's ever short of cash, it'll only be a question of time.....

best striker who has never worn green and black !

This is not an illegal approach, I'm nothing to do with the club. Except a fanatic !

Ha ha !

:thumbsup:

Well i have seen St Ives many many times over the years and Phewwwwwww ! Would love to see a game of football!!! at least once!! but no! :c:

kempy i think you are being a little unfair, over the years i have seen some good st ives footballing sides, i admit i havnt seen the current crop recently,

MY BROTHER WATCHED THE GAME WITH ME TUESDAY NIGHT. HE'S THE PIRATES SKIPPER THIS YEAR HE COMMENTED TO ME SAYING THEY WOULDNT TURN DOWN A COUPLE OF THE ST IVES PLAYERS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

XXXXXXX