Cornwall Football Forum

Maddest Transfer Day Ever??

Smithy

What a night eh?

Robinho signing for Man City!!-The world has gone mad!Why leave one, if not the biggest and illustrious clubs in the world for Man City!(no offense city fans)--Money!!! £98k a week AFTER TAX!! that works out if my maths is correct to be in the region of £165k a week gross!!! that is just ludicris!!

It was only yesterday he was saying his mind is at stamford bridge!! my respect for this player has totally evaporated!!-money driven pig!-city still wont break into the top 4!

Berbatov got his big money move by sulking 24/7 (now im going to stick up for Tottenham here so take note coz its gunna b the last time!!lol) Man utd have been utter utter c***s over the whole saga and have finally bullied Tottenham so they can get there man! they even made sure that all the allegations to the FA were dropped but wudnt sell Spurs Frazier Campbell!!-i can see who was wearing the trousers there! i feel very sorry for spurs after what has happened, and how an idyllic footy star has treated them after he got wind Man utd wanted him!!--reminds of the Alex Hleb/Thierry Henry/Pat Vieira sagas! one word--C***T!!!

As for Arsenal!!!!!! Well where the F***K do i start??

What a major and bitter dissapointment we didnt make the signings we NEEDED to STRENGTHEN our very weak and fragile midfield to challenge for the title this season!! i personally am disgusted Wenger did not sign anyone-he has had since July 1 for crying out loud!! his stubborness not to cough up for Xabi last night could cost us! (sources i know inside the club(i have family that work in there!,rang me last night and said Xabi should be an Arsenal man by deadline)---i waited and waited-i then got a text this morn saying the negotiations broke down due to Wenger unwilling to pay no more than£14mil for him due to his exclusion in Europe!! Idont care!! he should have payed £17mil earlier and had him for Europe, or signed Inler before he signed a new contract instead of trying to drive a hard bargain!!! :SM_carton:

Well there we have it-A big money driven night-and extremely dissapointing if your an Arsenal/Tottenham fan.

I hope Wenger proves me wrong and someone emerges like Flamoney did last season but i cant see it somehow personally as there isnt the strong competition for places there was last season!!!

Im sure you'll all have your own views and i love starting arguments and debates as you have already seen from many of my previous topics :yahoo:

Come on you Reddddds!!!

In Wenger im losing Trust (slowly lol)

I dont care that Robinho has gone man city for money its fantastic to have a player like that in this league i love watching the brazilians and its gets old that people say they are idiots for going to aclub for money I take it smithy if someone offered you double your money in your job you would turn it down would you

think about it !!!!!!!!!

At least arsenal will still finish in top ten head up bud

as for man u bullying haha dont make me laugh we got bullied in to pay 50% more then we originally wanted to for a player !!!!

Firstly, Smithy :clapper::c: .. SPOT ON...

iamthebest, are you for real mate?. Bullied into paying 50% more for a player than you wanted to :wacko: .. If your tight ass board and half cut purple nosed **** of a manager had stopped pussyfooting around 2 years ago, you could have got the player you talk about for a miserly £10.9million BUT didn't and have now had to pay the market value for a player that is simply one of the best on the planet in his position. It just happens that we almost tripled our money in the process :P

I also find myself wondering whether your coaching staff is actually any good because it seems to me that Spurs have to buy these slightly rough stones at knockdown prices and polish them into diamonds for your lot to give us a HUGE profit when you realise that you've missed out on YET ANOTHER player due to gutless board members.

Michael Carrick, wanted by Man United but they were too busy fannying around over £250,000 difference between their valuation and West Ham's valuation. So Spurs nip in there and buy him for £2million and two seasons later sell him to Man Utd for £18.6million.... NICE PROFIT :D

Dimitar Berbatov, wanted by Man Utd but they wanted him to hang around and wait until they had sorted out giving away Ruud Van Nistelrooy and they were also unwilling to take the risk of paying £10.9million for a player that was untried in the Premiership. So Spurs nip in there and pay the £10.9million necessary for this unknown quantity and what do you know, the guy turns out to be a touch of class and Man Utd end up having to break every rule in the book and pay almost three times as much for a player than they would have had to pay just two years ago. :clapper:

So two players that didn't even cost a total of £13.5million end up being sold for almost £50million to a club that could have originally purchased them anyway :wacko: .. Thanks for the £37million profit and do me a favor, please explain to me how Man Utd have this several hundred million pounds deficit on the books when they conduct their business so economically and lawfully.

I agree with what a night!! however I am pretty p****d off with my club at the moment. Yes Robinho went to city for £32.5 and obviously big wages but the problem I have is with the higher archy at Chelsea, not the owner but Kenyon :SM_carton: . This guy is dragging the club down, he is far too up his own backside to actually have the club at heart. If he had not gone and opened his extremely big mouth last week then we would have already signed the player. This is not the first time this guy has cocked up and I am hoping that Roman can see this and finally opens the door and boots his a**e through it.

Well done to City for a smash and grab, it shows their intentions for the future. Chelsea now have a huge problem, they only signed one midfiled player and one defender of any note, with Drogba still getting to full fitness we are very light on strikers. Anelka can not play upfront on his own, he needs a partner, malouda is a waste of space, and Kalu couldn't hit a barn door from 2 yrds out. Big Phil must be pulling what hair he has left out. Comes to a club with vast wealth and ends up not getting the players he wants, apart from Deco.

This transfer window has certainly shaken the league up and I think it is good for the premiership. I have supported Chelsea all my life, like my father and his father before, and over the past few years it has been good to have success although at times with a little embarressment in regards to the way the club has handled itself. I do believe that the blues will be challenging for the title but it is going to be difficult as the jigsaw is not complete.

After the game on Sunday agaisnt Spurs, it showed that we lackd the player who could go beyond the defence and open them up when they are defending deep, this is because we play to slow. I hope that we are still in the race for the title in January so the club can actually buy a player we need to complete the jigsaw.

Come on you Blues!!!! :yahoo:

Coopsie I think Spurs are what you call a FEEDER club for the big guns. They let you have the uncut diamonds test the water if they are any good United have them and keep on winning, as a United fan.....i thank you :yahoo:

All that cash you make from us and you still have cottoned on to it yet, see you next summer if Pavleyachenko is any good.....perhaps you could have Fletcher in return :thumbsup:

The only club Berbatov might actually make an effort for is Man U because obviously he is one of those sulky players who is only prepared to make an effort if he can WIN. You get players like him at all levels - if their team is losing they are a liability: won't tackle, won't track back, won't run, won't make any effort at all but if they are lucky enough to get a half chance they can still find the net. Pity City couldn't have signed him because he'd really have been shown up for the liability he was to Spurs who are well shot of him. He will work for Man U because he is virtually guaranteed a medal for something.

Modern Premiership football is a yawn. I used to pay 1/6 (7.5 new pence) to watch Chelsea in the 1960s. I had to pay 3/- when I couldn't pass for under 16 any more (when I was about 18!). Then (gasp!) it went up to 4/-. We're talking 20p here to watch the likes of Charlton, Best, Law when Man U came and all the other massive names of the day. If you index linked 20p from, say 1966, to today, what would it be? £2? £4? No more. How much to see a Premiership game? Exactly! Oh, you all have a seat to stand in front of, 3 times the space? Okay, £12 tops. For a lot of prima donnas who drop like lead balloons when a defender touches them.

So the Saudis have bought Man City. Don't hold your breath. I look forward to AFC Wimbledon regaining their place at the top level!

Guest Peppermint

Despite all the denegrating of the Manchester United manager, players etc - they must be doing something right because after all they are the Premiership Champions and Europan Champions. Not too bad for a Club that is so badly managed and is paying out vast sums of money and making clubs like Spurs rich.

As Soccer Follower states - what the hell have they done with the money except buy mediocre players.

I totally understand what those asking what Spurs have done with the money are getting at, the answer is, They have used it to keep our business solvent and pretty much ALL money from transfers has simply gone back into the club to keep us debt free and totally self sustainable with NO DEBT. EVERY transfer window there is extensive funding available for management to make any necessary signings and in the past our managers have indeed spent that money on ordinary players.

The thing that is different now is the manager is only interested in QUALITY players that will fit into HIS system and play HIS way. How on earth can you say that the money spent in this transfer window and the last January transfer window has been spent on ordinary/average players?. EVERY player signed is quality and an improvement on what was there before and anybody that says different is deluded.

We had one of the worst defences in the league when Ramos took over, so in January he went out and purchased HUTTON, WOODGATE, GILBERTO. He bedded those players in and went on to lift a cup.

He then got rid of the goalkeepers and purchased GOMES, SANCHEZ

Then summer comes around and the WHOLE WORLD knows that our midfield is one of the weakest in the league and has absolutely no creativity whatsoever. So Ramos goes out and purchases MODRIC, DOS SANTOS, BENTLEY, CORLUKA, BOSTOCK,.

Obviously there is/was great disappointment at the loss of Keane and Berbatov but I personally don't think Keane would have featured so much this season because he wouldn't suit the way Ramos wants to set the team up. Berbatov is a different matter because of the class he posesses and the fact that he would have fitted wonderfully into what Ramos wants to incorporate. Unfortunately (and understandably) he wanted to play for the biggest club in the world and had to be moved on for the good of the club and himself.

So being light upfront, Ramos went out and purchased PAVLYUCHENKO.

Now I've already admitted that I understand and accept where the "spurs knockers" are coming from regarding where the money we recouped has gone. Now please tell me which of the players I've mentioned above are average??

MODRIC is going to be a star, what an engine and what vision . Made Lampard look as we know he is pedestrian

I can only hope you're right but I have to say that he has probably looked the worst of our new signings so far. Hopefully now that Corluka has signed, he will be deployed as a holding midfielder and allow Modric to push up to attack and use his superb vision and creativity.

Seems that Corluka can play anywhere across the back line AND as a holding midfielder. He actually played 20 games in that position for City last season and after conversing with a few City fans on other forums that I use, I have found out he was pretty bloody good at the role.

Also have to agree with you about Zokora and I have the same opinion of Jenas aswell.

Was gonna mention him in the same opinion but didnt want you to think I was having a go at Spurs.

Hope he is a good asset in that role as from what Iv seen of you guys this year could be the final piece to let let the creative guys in front do there thing, and hopefully let Bent do some scoring for my Dream Team!!

With an assist like that Ramos must be kicking himself he didnt sign Fat Frank in the summer, not bad for £150,000.00 a week!! :thumbsup:

If you think that was a delibrate assist from Lampard, and not just an interception that was lucky enough to fall to bent then I would hate to see you pass the ball!!!!!

The only club Berbatov might actually make an effort for is Man U because obviously he is one of those sulky players who is only prepared to make an effort if he can WIN. You get players like him at all levels - if their team is losing they are a liability: won't tackle, won't track back, won't run, won't make any effort at all but if they are lucky enough to get a half chance they can still find the net. Pity City couldn't have signed him because he'd really have been shown up for the liability he was to Spurs who are well shot of him. He will work for Man U because he is virtually guaranteed a medal for something.

Modern Premiership football is a yawn. I used to pay 1/6 (7.5 new pence) to watch Chelsea in the 1960s. I had to pay 3/- when I couldn't pass for under 16 any more (when I was about 18!). Then (gasp!) it went up to 4/-. We're talking 20p here to watch the likes of Charlton, Best, Law when Man U came and all the other massive names of the day. If you index linked 20p from, say 1966, to today, what would it be? £2? £4? No more. How much to see a Premiership game? Exactly! Oh, you all have a seat to stand in front of, 3 times the space? Okay, £12 tops. For a lot of prima donnas who drop like lead balloons when a defender touches them.

So the Saudis have bought Man City. Don't hold your breath. I look forward to AFC Wimbledon regaining their place at the top level!

spot on!