Cornwall Football Forum

ATTN: GOALKEEPERS

I used to wear a size 9 .5 or 10 and the best gloves I ever found were (Schmeichel) made by Reusch, just before a game I would wash them in shampoo and ring dry them, it made them super sticky.

Could not stand gloves that had a pattern on the palms or fingers they had to be plain.

Worst gloves I tried were something called APG (advanced power grip) not sure who made them but at £45 19 years ago they were a waste of money.

Guest safehands

I used to wear a size 9 .5 or 10 and the best gloves I ever found were (Schmeichel) made by Reusch, just before a game I would wash them in shampoo and ring dry them, it made them super sticky.

Could not stand gloves that had a pattern on the palms or fingers they had to be plain.

Worst gloves I tried were something called APG (advanced power grip) not sure who made them but at £45 19 years ago they were a waste of money.

lol !! i had those too black and white APG ....made by sondico ...showing my age too :D

lol !! i had those too black and white APG ....made by sondico ...showing my age too :D

Unfortunately mine were white with pink trim.............was I ahead of my time with the pink thing?

i was a 10.5 size and i used sells! Suprised at the amount of you using fingersave i didnt like wearing fingersave

I agree, they are generally uncomfortable, restrict the movement of your fingers, and make it more difficult to catch the ball.

Adidas fingersave size 10, have always used adidas but found reusch very good before adidas became a glove manufacturer. Only problem with new adidas gloves is that for the first couple of times you use them if it is damp the ball is like a bar of soap. Am about to invest in the fingersave wet grip and will let you know how they are.

I have also found that having a size to big helps your grip.

First pair of gloves were back in 1970 at the age of 6 green cotton with ray clemence's signature on them if it was wet they were useless from the first time you picked the ball up.