Cornwall Football Forum

Best after match food

Although Grampound's Reserves didn't enjoy the game at Biscovey on Saturday after under-performing and losing 3-0. One thing we did enjoy was the superb post-match food, possibly the best I've seen for the quality and the amount we were given - even Jensky was full up afterwards!

Just wondered what people's opinions are on the best post-match food you've been given (obviously away from home - because most people would argue their home pub/club does the best food).

Guest mariner

I would like to nominate Mawnan FC, always a superb spread.

Bit bias but Carharrack post match food has been very good this season, so far, Spaghetti Bolognaise, Chicken Cury and Cottage Pie for the away teams.

Then i would like to draw Carharrack in some of the cups, away of-course lol

IF YOU EVER DELVE INTO THE LOWER DIVISIONS OF THE DUCHY LEAGUE YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF IN NORTH HILL.

IT'S A BIT LIKE RUGBY BECAUSE THEY POUND THE CRAP OUT OF YOU AND THEN TREAT YOU TO SOME GREAT HOSPITALITY.

THE RACEHORSE PUB IS RENOWNED FOR DOING FANTASTIC FOOD AND THAT'S WHERE THEY GO AFTERWARDS, WE HAD GARLIC BREAD, STUFFED MUSHROOMS, MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN, POTATO WEDGES, LASAGNE AND THEN OUT CAME SAUSAGE AND CHIPS.!!!

WHEN THE LANDLORD IS ON HOLIDAY THEN IT'S RUBBISH; BUT THEN I GOT LUCKY.

IF YOU EVER HAVE A NIGHTMARE GAME THERE AS A REF; DON'T BE SHY AND STILL GO TO THE RACEHORSE AFTERWARDS.

THESE PUBS THRIVE ON US SO LET'S NOT LET THEM DOWN; A PUB CLOSES DOWN EVERY WEEK IN THIS COUNTRY.

Be nice if away teams actually came in after a match, i cook the food at Pendeen and for the last two week's the away teams have not come back to the clubhouse! having spoken to people who have been envolved in football for many years & my own experience's it has always been a tradition for away teams to go back to away teams designated pub/club if they have 1 for at least 1 pint and eat the after match food!!!

IF YOU EVER DELVE INTO THE LOWER DIVISIONS OF THE DUCHY LEAGUE YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF IN NORTH HILL.

IT'S A BIT LIKE RUGBY BECAUSE THEY POUND THE CRAP OUT OF YOU AND THEN TREAT YOU TO SOME GREAT HOSPITALITY.

THE RACEHORSE PUB IS RENOWNED FOR DOING FANTASTIC FOOD AND THAT'S WHERE THEY GO AFTERWARDS, WE HAD GARLIC BREAD, STUFFED MUSHROOMS, MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN, POTATO WEDGES, LASAGNE AND THEN OUT CAME SAUSAGE AND CHIPS.!!!

WHEN THE LANDLORD IS ON HOLIDAY THEN IT'S RUBBISH; BUT THEN I GOT LUCKY.

IF YOU EVER HAVE A NIGHTMARE GAME THERE AS A REF; DON'T BE SHY AND STILL GO TO THE RACEHORSE AFTERWARDS.

THESE PUBS THRIVE ON US SO LET'S NOT LET THEM DOWN; A PUB CLOSES DOWN EVERY WEEK IN THIS COUNTRY.

after sum of ure performances u shudnt be aloud to eat after matches!

• 2 months later...
Guest slimjim

Been to plenty of clubs where the food has been good but the worst by a mile has to be Torpoint, for a club of their stature they should be able to provide better, especially for the swpl teams!!

• 3 weeks later...

penzance astro park!! was awsome buut strangly they didnt go bak to there own pub <_<<_<

I must agree with you there patty. was strange that they didnt even come back to there own pub. was away team and ref that had all the food lol. got to admit halestown did some nice chicken wings, chips and onion ring couple weeks back. Very nice indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Been to plenty of clubs where the food has been good but the worst by a mile has to be Torpoint, for a club of their stature they should be able to provide better, especially for the swpl teams!!

We had Curry and Chips back and Torpoint yesterday and I have to say it was of excellent quality, you must have caught them on a bad day!!! :(:( :(

i know i may sound a bit bias but over the last couple of season since the new landlord spencer hassle took over the pub, (ROBARTES ARMS) he puts on an absolute amazing spread, differing from, chicken legs in gravy and chips to a homemade soup,to sausage and chips,to chicken and rice,pasta. So if you ever play against Robartes mining 1, then make sure you stop in at the Robartes Arms after the game.

TMS do a pretty nice chilli!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest lynchmob

I think St. Ives Mariners and Crowntown ( Sunday league ) used to go back to the Crown Inn near Crowan. Always had a good feed there, pizza's, chips, sarnies, curry, pasties the works!

and still do. :thumbsup:

I agree always got a nice spicy curry, after a match :rolleyes: