Cornwall Football Forum

Lanreath 1 Saltash !

Lanreath are starting to show a bit of fight, we out played Saltash in the first half and could have been 3-1 up at half time, this was mainly due to Jon Collins playing 70mins his threat was telling.

Bradley Powell made Saltash's No 2 look silly as only Brad can, their right back could only foul Bradders in a I'm to old and crap way.

Good preformance after the thrashing from Torpoint, some new signings on the way and Lanreath could show some potential :P

All teams beware Jon Collins is back :D:P :thumbsup:

Guest The Old Man

Bradley Powell???? The freak with the woman's hairstyle??? Made a Saltash player look crap???

The same Bradley Powell that was absolutely useless against your neighbours from Division One in last years ECPL Cup???

We didnt even play a Right-Back because he is probably the worst Left-sidedplayer I've seen at this level.

You sure it was him??? Was the Saltash player alive? Ha Ha :D :yahoo:

good result maxi. who scored?? So Jonny is playing again then? awesome news lanreath will benifit from that alot.

the old man..... yeh thats him haha can have his off days but when he is up for it (rarely) he is a handfull. very good at winding other players up haha

Maximus, Agree with you that Lanreath had a bit of fight in them but cant see that you played Saltash off the pitch. Not at any point did you string more than 3 passes together. You relied on long hopeful balls especially when you have a keeper who can kick up three quarters of the pitch. Apart from your goal the Saltash keeper didnt have one save to make, fact. Saltash didnt compete until the 80th minute where they hit the post, had a goal disallowed and your keeper made a point blank save from a header. Saltash had a bad day at the office whereas i dont think Lanreath could play any better. Lanreath battled hard and deserved the point they got.

Early days I know Jannerlad, but how do you see the title race panning out this season. Good to see some surprise names up there such as St Stephen and what about Bodmin - 100% record! Shame though to see Padstow struggling, let's hope they can complete the season this time around.

St Stephen 5 4 0 1 15 2 +13 12

Bodmin Town 4 4 0 0 9 0 +9 12

Saltash United 4 3 1 0 18 4 +14 10

Torpoint Athletic 4 3 0 1 14 8 +6 9

Launceston 4 3 0 1 9 5 +4 9

Tavistock 4 3 0 1 7 5 +2 9

Wadebridge Town 4 2 1 1 7 8 -1 7

Morwenstow 4 1 1 2 7 8 -1 4

Sticker 3 1 1 1 4 6 -2 4

Lanreath 4 1 1 2 5 10 -5 4

Biscovey 5 1 1 3 5 12 -7 4

Liskeard Athletic 4 1 0 3 8 12 -4 3

Probus 4 0 0 4 3 7 -4 0

Bere Alston United 3 0 0 3 1 9 -8 0

Padstow United 4 0 0 4 1 17 -16 0

Guest The Old Man

Hakey....excuse my ignorance but who is the "Dowley" you refer to at Bodmin? Are you referring to Mike Dowling who played for Argyle in the seventies? Scored a screamer against Santos when Pele played at Home Park?

Guest ECPL Supporter

Bodmin have signed some very good players, but Saltash in my opinion are the team this year. They must be very strong favourites for the league

I think it will be a very close league this year. Torpoint have to be favourites. They have gained a few ex tamarside players and certainly have the strength and depth capable to retain the title. Bodmin and Saltash will be pushing and then there are the promoted teams. Both great starts for Tavy and St Stephen.