Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy results

Six times last season and in a couple friendlies also. Dave Jeffries who scored 104 in two seasons left us for Lanivet before the beginning of this. Seems like he left his boots behind for his replacement. personally i believe our success is down to ane excellant manager / coach, Hickers.

The complete record :-

Premier Division

Lamerton 0 - 1 St Mawgan

Altarnun 0 - 6 Edgcumbe

Gunnislake 4 - 2 Looe Town

Foxhole Stars 1 - 6 St Teath

St Dennis 3 - 1 Pensilva

First Division

Dobwalls 0 - 8 St Cleer

Saltash United 4 - 2 Godolphin Atlantic

Lanivet 3 - 0 Tywardreath RBL

Fowey United 3 - 2 Mevagissey

St Merryn 1 - 2 Holywell Bay / Cubert Athletic

Maker with Rame 0 - 2 St Dominick

Second Division

Biscovey 0 - 10 Bodmin Saints

Grampound 1 - 3 Probus

Polperro 4 - 1 St Stephen

Week St Mary 8 - 2 Camelford

Third Division

AFC Bodmin 2 - 3 Gorran

St Columb Minor Void St Newlyn East

Wadebridge Town 3 - 2 Roche

Bere Alston United 8 - 1 Lanreath

Gunnislake Reserves 0 - 4 Looe Town Reserves

Fourth Division

Mount Charles 5 - 0 Gerrans

Premier Sixes 6 - 0 Stratton United

St Teath Reserves 5 - 2 Altarnun Reserves

Biscovey Reserves 3 - 0 Grampound Reserves

Pensilva Reserves 2 - 4 St Dennis Reserves

Fifth Division

Bridgerule 2 - 0 Premier Sixes Reserves

Pelynt Reserves 3 - 2 Sticker

Callington Town 4 - 3 Southgate Seniors

North Petherwin 3 - 3 Perranporth (Simon Jones 2, Rob Brandreath)

Many thanks to Keith Franks

Match report

DOBWALLS 0 ST CLEER 8 (Eight)

St Cleer impressed for the second week running on a very hot day beating Dobwalls comprehensively 8 nil with Colin Wilson soring 4 goals, also with goals from Ryan Thorogood, Lee Collins, Ed Bradshaw and Jon Niblett. St Cleer dominated from the first whistle as Ryan missed from close range, however it was Dave Wade who missed what can only be described as the easiest chance in the game, from 4 yards he fluffed his chance following good work by Dave Bowman, Ryan and Lee Collins. However Dave made up for this by providing a number of passes linking up play bringing in others to score. The first half was over as a contest after 20 minutes and the visitors went in at halftime 5 nil up. The second half was again dominated by St Cleer who added a further 3 goals, to be honest if the prolific Colin Wilson had his shooting boots on he could of bagged a further four. St Cleer looked very good in all departments and created many chances throughout. When the home side did venture forward, the St Cleer defence held firm, over the 90 minutes Dobwalls had one attempt at goal. Lee Collins was man of the match and credit must go to the whole squad as they kept their shape, discipline and enthusiasm.

Squad - Jez Pomfret, Nick Trevarthan, Jon Niblett, Ray Wall, David Bowman, Karl Saunders, Jamie Coates, Lee Collins, Ryan Thorogood, Colin Wilson, Dave Wade, Ed Bradshaw, Jamie Hampshire, Tom McCullogh.

Russell Hale

St Cleer Manager :D

ST TEATH 6 1 WINNERS AT FOXHOLE/ANOTHER GOOD RESULT AT FOXHOLE WHO TO THERE CREDIT STAYED IN THE GAME UNTIL HALF TIME.ALTHOUGH NOT AT FULL STRENGTH ST TEATH PLAYED SOME GREAT FOOTBALL THROUGHOUT AND CREATED NUMEROUS CHANGES DARREN ROOSE ADDIE JEFS AND JAMES MOUNTAIN WHERE THE GOAL SCORERS IN A COMFORTABLE WIN.The full backs kevin cornford and matt simmonds figured in a well diciplined display,but everyone knows that there will be much harder games to come in a very competitive league,this division is every bit as good as anything in the ecpl ,i know i have seen both in great detail.Edgecumbe and st dennis would be favorites and i expect both to go well in the junior cup,wishing all a good season

hello cat.ST teath are trying to move in the right direction but as with mosts clubs at this level attracting players and keeping them is hard,we are fortunate that some of us involved have had links with wadebridge and bodmin in the past.The team is pretty much as last year but the squad looks to be stronger,i think the second teams results will reflect that but as always you can never tell.Darren has been here for a couple of seasons and believe or not he played sweeper for us and has only been moved up front this year ,jeefsy is in his second season and is as hungry as ever ,but these 2 are only part of a solid and commited squad at the moment.The problem most of the clubs in the league will face could be shortage of games the demise of roseland hasnt helped but i will say the duchy league is superbly run and can be proud of some of its members,there are some very usefull players in this division.

hello cat.ST teath are trying to move in the right direction but as with mosts clubs at this level attracting players and keeping them is hard,we are fortunate that some of us involved have had links with wadebridge and bodmin in the past.The team is pretty much as last year but the squad looks to be stronger,i think the second teams results will reflect that but as always you can never tell.Darren has been here for a couple of seasons and believe or not he played sweeper for us and has only been moved up front this year ,jeefsy is in his second season and is as hungry as ever ,but these 2 are only part of a solid and commited squad at the moment.The problem most of the clubs in the league will face could be shortage of games the demise of roseland hasnt helped but i will say the duchy league is superbly run and can be proud of some of its members,there are some very usefull players in this division.

Good post.

Strangely quiet from the Grampound camp............

Not sure what this comment is meant to mean. We take no pleasure in seeing yet another local side go down and, as I am sure League Secretary Mike Newcombe would confirm, have taken none of the Roseland players to help precipitate this situation. Grampound has strengthened as a club over recent years by developing its place in its local community and having the feel of a proper club run by a proper committee. After coming very close to folding about eight years ago Grampound now has a sound membership, is the biggest organisation in our village and is heading in the right direction by offering players a good experience and by extending participation in youth and veterans football. This, we feel, will secure the future of our club, not poaching from others if that was the implication of the original comment.

Not ouite sure if i have quoted something that has offended Grampound ,if i have didnt mean to,they have a strong village mentallity which grass roots in cornish football is all about,years ago about 1996.97 a lad from grampound played at st teath Ian Cambell ,caught up with him at foxhole at the weekend,he really enjoyed his football at both village clubs,followed me to Wadebridge and didnt get the same feeling.Roseland club have always been supported by Probus and i suppose it follows that should they struggle then that would have a knock on effect,no doubt if Wadebridge or Camelford struggled it would effect some clubs in this area,we are fortunate at the moment taht all the clubs in north cornwall are reasonably strong,my old mate Mark menhennick and reg at camelford have done a superb job,the facilties have helped but the spin off has had an opposite efffect to what expected and football is strong in the area at the moment.The only thing that i notice each week is that perhaps the general standard has dropped in some of the senior leagues,this in time should improve .The village clubs need all the support that ccfa can give this is where the supply chain is.one point i should make is the food at St Teath is pretty good as well but i am not telling the old dear taht the buns are okay,there are 3 of them and they all frighteen the hell out of me,they are in there 50 year give or take ,good luck if you ever visit they have noted the comments :angry2: