Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Please

Post your results below with goal scorers and rough match attendences. Thanks, we're getting it done. Best Level 8 site in the UK.

Illogan RBL (Andy Cowper 2, Ryan Treloar, Marcus Smith, Adam Callaway, Steve Tremayne, Ben Widdershoven) 7-0 Ludgvan

Crowd - 40

Newquay Reserves (Luke Wheldon) 1-3 Helston Athletic (Mark Goldworthy, Darren Robertson, Kieth Jacka)

Crowd - 30

Penzance Reserves (Ross Badcock 4, Sam Long 2, Ryan Holland, Ashley Gray) 8-2 Mullion (Dan Hickey, Garath Mason)

Crowd - 78

Perranporth (Kayne Trevaskis,3, Justin Andrew, Steve Rowson, Ian Gosling, O.G.) 7-0 Falmouth Town Reserves

Crowd - 50

RNAS Culdrose (Chris Morris, Dave Devlin, Chris Reed, Jamie Thompson) 4-4 Hayle Reserves (Simon Bevis 2, Andy James, Shane Webber)

Crowd - 15

St Agnes (Alec Penrose, Tom Benny) 2-1 Portreath (Alan Buckley)

Crowd - 30

St Ives Town (Andy Trathen) 1-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Will Hing)

Crowd - 30

St Just (Neil Curnow, Stuart Nicholls) 2-5 St Day (Lee Duffield 2, Ricky Smith, Nathan Taylor, Adrian Hart)

Crowd - 20

Illogan- 7

(Ryan Treloar, Ben Wideshum, Marcus Smith, Andy Cowper (2), Adam Callaway, Steve "Rocket" Tremayne-20 yrd belter!!!!)

Ludgvan-0

Crowd-40ish

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its Ben Widdershoven Smithy, good effort though :P

Quite a few old Praze lads playing at Illogan this season, and you've started well :clapper:

St Agnes 2 - Portreath 1

att-30ish

St's took the lead after about 3-4 minutes, good header from an unmarked striker(dont know his name).

We then started to play a bit but St Agnes were always in control & could of added more ...they added a second early in the 2nd half with a tidy finish after some good play down our left. We pulled one back through A Bucks from a corner but it was too little too late. Thats 3 wins at home & 2 defeats away now.

Well done to St Agnes & thanks for grub afterwards.... :thumbsup:

Guest Helston Patriot

Newquay 1 v 3 Helston

Luke Wheldon for Newquay

Mark Goldworthy, Darren Robertson, Keith Jacka

Croud 30ish.

Let Mitch or Jollyman comment, The less i say about the officailS the better.

Guest Tomzey

Hayle goalscorers were Si Bevis 2, Andy James (over head kick!) and Shane Webber. there was 4 pens in the game 2 saved! one from each side. att. about 15

Newquay 1 V 3 Helston

Newquay started brightly and took a deserved lead. We should have sown the game up with the amount of chances we had.

Helston got the wind in the sails after a poor equaliser was conceded just before half time. A tame effort went through the hands of the usually safe pair of hands of our young keeper, Tom Lyme.

Frustration for Newquay as the ref blew for HT as Luke Wheldon was clean through one on one with the keeper...but then the ref doesnt need to add on 2 seconds of play so we can score.

Helston did enough in the second half to win 5 games and were thoroughly deserving of their victory. Newquay were lacking passion to be honest but for the silky talents and efforts of Luke Wheldon, everyone else was way below par.

As for HPs comments, there was a very inconsistant display from the ref and the Helston linesman in particular which frustrated both teams. It did not effect the result as Helston were so dominant second half but it was an awful display....no more so than when everyone but the ref saw "Mitch" Rabone do a Paul Scholes impression to punch the ball past the on-rushing Helston keeper. The ref made up for that one later when he gave Mitch a yellow for a nothing challenge that the ref didnt even see. He seemed to react to the Helston bench and further misery as Mitch was denied a late penalty in one of those 50-50s.

My biggest complaint was with a player standing on the line partly in the way of our keeper which certainly interferred with his attempts to save the third and deciding Helston goal....but again, Newquay didnt deserve anything out of the game.

For flowing elequence and a proper match report....I await Mitch's Sunday lunch time comment. See press for details.

* Note : I asked HP at full time if he still had Winno's number. I am sure there will be a few cheeky text messages coming his way !!!

LOL JONAH YOU ARE A BEAUTY

THE ONLY 1ST TEAM SQUAD PLAYER WHOM HAS REALLY PLAYED MID WEEK FIXTURES IS SCOTTIE PALMER THE GOALKEEPER YES GOALKEEPER WHOM PLAYS UPFRONT. HE PLAYED HIS 2ND 1ST TEAM GAME YESTERDAY WELL DONE TO HIM. ALL THE PLAYERS AT NEWQUAY ARE SIGNED FOR THE CLUB SO THEY CAN PLAY FOR THE CLUB AND ONLY THAT CLUB WHICH IS HOW IT SHOULD BE AM I RIGHT!!!!!!

HOW IS STEVE CAPELING IS HE STILL AN AGGIE PLAYER OR A FOXHOLE PLAYER THESE DAYS?????

BEAUTY

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guest Peppermint

Jonah - before you come onto to the Forum and make completly unfounded statements please check your facts.

The Peppermints have had some of their key Reserve experienced players missing through injury and when the Reserves have played midweek they have not loaded the team with First Team squad players. The Club obviously runs a Second Team to give players who are coming back from injury, holidays and suspensions a run out if necessary but that it why Scott Palmer played against Perranporth.

I note you state your Club is St Agnes - would not be a question of sour grapes would it!

You beat me to it Symon. Forgot about Mr Capeling.

Jonah - we've only got 4 points bud. I'm sure we'd love seven at this stage but after a very tough opening group of fixtures we couldn't have expected much more. We beat St Agnes twice last season so the three points from that game were very welcome. This matter has been discussed for the local derby with Perranporth where we took a point, if we could emulate the passion and commitment in that game we'd probably have a few more than seven points!

If you look at the prediction league, there weren't many people expecting Newquay to take points from Illogan, Perranwell and Helston (the three saturday fixtures) as they all finished above Newquay last season. The truth is we should have done a lot better in all three games, and that would have given people plenty to talk about!

Match report to follow Jolly. I will try to explain my actions!

Newquay 1 - 3 Helston

Newquay welcomed Helston to Mount Wise on a humid afternoon. Newquay and Helston battled it out in an excellent 2-2 draw towards the end of last season and it seemed that the game should be a fairly even affair due to both teams experiencing a start to the season they'll both be unhappy with. Helston have lost a large proportion of their squad and included a number of youngsters and Newquay have recently seen a number of young local lads stepping up to this level.

Newquay started strongly and after a couple of half chances took the lead. Luke Weldhen ran on to a long clearance upfield, outjumped the onrushing Barry Hennessy and cooly slotted the ball home from the edge of the box. The Helston linesman raised his flag to call the retreating Michael Rabone offside, but the referee would not accept the decision and gave the goal. Within minutes Newquay should have been two up. A poor clearance by Barry Hennessy hit the legs of Michael Rabone and dropped kindly. Rabone looked to place the ball and Hennessy made up for his mistake by blocking the shot which rebounded to safety.

Joff Bunt then raced through on goal and was brought down just outside the box. He was seemingly clear of the last man, however, the referee decided to take no action other than give a free kick, which went wide of the target.

Adam Weller was harshly adjudged to have brought down Colin Kettle after winning the ball in the midfield. The floated free kick was headed down by Darren Robertson. The ball rose sharply after hitting the ground and somehow the unnatural bounce took the ball over Tom Lyme as he had committed based on where he thought the ball was going to bounce. A very unfortunate way to concede an equaliser and Helston then generated chance after chance and somehow managed to miss the target on every occasion.

In the final seconds of the first half Luke Weldhen found himself in behind the defence and the referee blew for half-time. Following further discussion the referee stated the Linesman had given him offside, which is hard to understand seeing as he managed to out-muscle the defender who was in front of him when the ball was played. A very odd decision.

The second half was a very poor show by Newquay. Although there were further chances for Adam Pearson who headed over from six yards after a Helston defender headed the ball back across his own goal area, and Michael Rabone hit a low drive from 20 yards that curled wide, Helston showed more passion and committment and deserved their two goals. Duane Britton worked the ball over the defence for Mark Goldworthy to slot the ball past the onrushing Tom Lyme and late on a third was added when the ball was cleared to the edge of the box and Keith Jacka managed to slot the ball into the bottom corner despite Tom Lyme's efforts to keep the ball out. A couple of Newquay lads felt that the goalkeeper had been impeded but the ref let the goal stand.

Rabone collected a booking for a clumsy challenge on a Helston defender who was clearing the ball. Despite the Helston bench and the defender stating that it was an accident, Rabone went into the book. Moments later Rabone picked up the ball and muscled his way into the penalty area only to be taken down by the same defender. It was a tough call and even the defender wasn't sure if he got the man or the ball, but the referee waved play on.

The officials found it quite difficult and there were a number of poor decisions made that affected both sides. The Helston back-four were honest in their appraisal about the performance of their own linesman and it is disappointing and frustrating when the flag is raised during every attack. It is too easy to criticise and we all recognise the challenge of getting regular support for running the line, however, it does have a tendency to spoil matches at this level.

The Helston lads are a decent group and the game was competitive but played in the right spirit. It is clear that most teams should be capable of taking points from each other this season.

Just to clear up the handball incident - the two defenders allowed me space between them and I looked up and saw an ample-sized goalkeeper heading my way. As I wasn't too keen on finding out what it would be like for two 15-stone (plus) players to collide, I stuck my arm out to cushion the blow and protect my vital organs! As my arm went out, it hit the ball goalwards from about 20 yards and I waited for the collision... and it didn't happen, Barry went AWOL! Next thing I know the ball is rolling towards the goal and it was cleared off the line. The referee gave a corner. I chatted with the Helston lads, apologised and explained it was an accident and an involuntary reaction and they accepted it. I think they were more annoyed with the referee for giving a corner! I am genuinely sorry because it didn't look good and I'm glad it didn't go in.

The biggest irony is that I was gobsmacked to see what Paul Scholes did in the European super-cup and was chatting about it before the game.

hi baggie nice to see you back see you tuesday night if you are playing don't want to miss this one my two old teams playing each other see you for a beer afterwards.

Cheer Daz, I have a couple of 20 minutes now am easing my way back in, I'm not ready for a full 90 but may be thrown in Tuesday night due to a few injuries/knocks picked up by a couple of lads yesterday.

I see you boys have had a good start, hope you're enjoying it out there....say hello t Spenny when you see him next...See you tuesday......boing boing 1st point for us yesterday.....we are on the way...!

Appologies to anyone i've offended at Newquay I may have been out of order I was only making an observation. Not sour grapes about you beating us you fully deserved it, we got what we deserved from the game, nothing. I agree Mr Capeling should not have played for us, but not my decision. Winnan just seems to like to say too much at times, especially against his old clubs!

Wish you good luck for the rest of the season.

ok baggie good point yesterday i might be playing for st day tuesday as they are short won't be playing the whole game as got an important game wed for chace against fal ath taskey been on the phone short on tuesday i was going to sign on as cover for you but jason told me not to. so i have signed for st day instead jason being mr grump again nothing unusual there.... see you tues mate.

MR JONES A SO CALLED M8 OF MINE!!!

I THINK ITS YOU THAT HAS STARTED OFF SOMETHING SILLY ON HERE AND IN MY DEFENCE I HAVENT MUTTERED A WORD!! AND IN A POSITION OF RESPONSIBILITY AS ASSISTANT MANAGER AT AGGIE THIS SEASON!!!TUT TUT. AS FOR YOUR SILLY COMMENTS

AM I NOT THE PERSON WHOM HELPED YOU OUT PRE SEASON BY PLAYING IN GOAL 4 YOU!!AM I NOT THE SAME PERSON WHOM HAS BEEN TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT WITH GETTING A GOALKEEPER AND NUMBERS OF OUTFIELD PLAYERS.

NEVER SAID ANYTHING ON HERE DEROGITORY TO ANY OF MY OLD CLUBS AND I NEVER WOULD.

SO DONT BE A SILLY BOY JONES. CONCENTRATE ON YOUR OWN GAME AND CLUB AND NOT WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

After Saturday I expect a backlash from the Newquay lads against St Ives. We have several SECOND TEAM players returning and will not lie down in the sun as we did against Helston. If we do get a result versus a tough St Ives side on Tuesday it will not be because we have thrown in a handful of first teamers.

Watch this space. It will be an interesting game and I cant wait.

We have kept most of the squad that got us into the top six last year and have broguht through some cracking youngsters. Why are people still amazed whenver we get a result ?

Ive never seen anyone on the forum admitting they only beat Newquay reserves because the first team were short and took players off us ! Its all abit annoying to continually see those "not in the know" on here making unfounded comments.

Anyway, roll on Tuesday. St Ives are always up for a battle. Will we be ?

ok baggie good point yesterday i might be playing for st day tuesday as they are short won't be playing the whole game as got an important game wed for chace against fal ath taskey been on the phone short on tuesday i was going to sign on as cover for you but jason told me not to. so i have signed for st day instead jason being mr grump again nothing unusual there.... see you tues mate.

jason - Mr Grump no way he's the happiest man I know :lol: ...anyway we will be there & we'll give you a game.

Thanks for all the info. Thats another set of games sorted out.

Check the first posting on this thread for you're teams result.

Website is updated and ready for you to view.

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com

CTB

heya CTB-top stuff wiv the updates but noticed you got one of our players names down wrong

it currently reads in the goalscoring chart:- Ben Callaway--it should be: Adam Callaway :thumbsup:

jason - Mr Grump no way he's the happiest man I know :lol: ...anyway we will be there & we'll give you a game.

ok mate i know you will, great start by portreath i'm well chuffed for you keep it going mate, see you for a pint afterwards.