Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL 1 Results 27/08/08

FHFL 1 Results 27/08/08

Penryn 2 Chacewater 5

this game finished 2 - 5 with chacewater getting off to a flyer with three points. good contested game and penryn played very well and fought right to the very end. i would like to thank all the penryn lads for the keenly fought contest and a great test of chacewaters character who had to dig in many times with the constant pressure they put our defence under.

1 - 2 ht

Guest helstons utility player

FHFL 1 TABLE

with tonights results so far.

Anyone know if Helston played St Keverne?

yh mate finished helston 1-2 st.keverne helston scorer mark goldsworthy st.keverne alan thomas and not sure who else scored

not a bad result considerin st.keverne are a top 5 side and most of the helston squad were our 3rds playin in div 3 last yr well done lads keep up the gd work

shame that BOTH sides decided it would b more fun to see who could kick each other the highest in the last 10 or so

think most of the mawnan side would have been at home on the pitch with helston and st keverne then as most of them felt it appropriate to kick and stamp at some stage!

shamei wasnt playing really( through injury) as im sure most of the ageing mawnan side wouldnt have kicked me like they were kicking most of the lasds who were 16 and 17!! maybe some of them like picking on youngsters as they feel doing it to someone more there own age might be a bit difficult! ref had no control on the game at all! st day player booked for a challenge on the keeper when the mawnan defender actually pushed him into the keeper!

cant wait for the return fixture!

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

think most of the mawnan side would have been at home on the pitch with helston and st keverne then as most of them felt it appropriate to kick and stamp at some stage!

shamei wasnt playing really( through injury) as im sure most of the ageing mawnan side wouldnt have kicked me like they were kicking most of the lasds who were 16 and 17!! maybe some of them like picking on youngsters as they feel doing it to someone more there own age might be a bit difficult! ref had no control on the game at all! st day player booked for a challenge on the keeper when the mawnan defender actually pushed him into the keeper!

cant wait for the return fixture!

The most sour graped, one sided load of crap i've ever heard!!!! The only true thing you accounted for in that match report was that mawnan are an "ageing" side!!!! both teams gave as good as each other with physical but fair challenges- where was this so called stamp?? anyway rather than slagging mawnan off dont you think it would of been better for you to give your youngsters a pat on the back for giving mawnan a hard game?!?!

some good players there at st day & mawnan have got a pretty strong squad - good game good game!!!

Guest geachy1

duncan the intimidator whatmore had the first and a hat trick from gregory carpet chest renfree

fat cat in your opinion who was making all these nasty challenges?

carpet chest renfree hahaha

does he grow a chest hair for every goal hes scored in his career?

Guest mariner

dont be silly my feline friend ive seen you play and to be perfectly honest, i dont believe it was injury that ruled you out i feel it may have been ability! chin up old boy you have a third team

:lol::clapper: :lol:

which chin?? i have more than i chinese phone book!!!

and i could never have a "PATCH" on you could i!!

i realised i actually had a muscle in my back the other day(under all the feline fat) and tore it in the forst pre season friendly we had!!!

maybe if i wasnt such a fat cat then i wouldnt have problems with my back!!!

i'm not good enough for the third team anyway!! looks like i will have to stick to a kickabout down the park for my fix of football!!

C-O-C-K

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

well done patch, u rattled him there!!! your last comment made him look so stupid that he had to reply by taking the piss out of himself to try and be funny & get peoples sympathy!!! dont bother trying for the third team, ive heard ronnie corbett and rick waller are fighting out for the goalies jersey there!!!

Guest Damian Stevens

Same old boring boring ageing Mawnan side blah blah blah , in fact the average age has now dropped well below the 42 year old mark with new signings Duncan ' he must of have had a bloody hard paper round ' Gillett aged 30 ( yea right ! ) and Nicky ' senior citizen ' Sevior aged aged only 35 years of age ! Youth is the way forward !

Average age now just 37 and 3/4!

Harsh Damo.....but fair!

The Cat, seriously what game were you watching? Yes there was some challenges flying around as there is at most games of football i was even on the end of one myself but was a bit smart for your no. 8, you know the lanky one, all mouth, left DJ unmarked for the eqaulizer, didnt say a word 2nd half because we PLAYED you off the park, looks like Popeye's Mrs. I agree the booking was harsh as did our keeper who asked for him not to be booked, though was more of a nudge than a push. Was right behind DJ at the "stamping incident" and I can honestly say it was a case of tangled legs, hardly surprising with his really, after your player kind of attempted a tackle, which was late by the way, and they kind of swung legs at each other as they got up nothing more nothing less!

Think you would be better just coming on here and saying well done mawnan you were the better side 2nd half, we couldnt live with you but our 1st half will give us confidence rather than the sour graped bag of wind can't take a mans game boo hoo I want my Mummy nonsense you have so far.

Oh and I don't think your threats will intimidate us, not with our "experience".

Right Id best be off, gotta paper round to finish!!!!

Guest whirlwind

fat cat if you wasnt so busy munching pies on the side line on wednesday nite, you would of seen that the so called 'STAMP' was un-avoidable. even the player that got 'STAMPED' on didn't even complain, there was know where else for him to put his foot and he barely touched the players shorts..... so chins up you big fat loser !!!

im will say well done to you guys but i still cant stand u! one of the biggest bunch of whingers about!!!

good team none the less but too many who have been on the senoir football circuit and still have the whingey mentallity!

as for clancey von heffenberger why the comment about a goalkeepers jersey!!

ive been playing in midfield again for the last twelve months!!!

takes me a while to get round the park mind u!!

DUNCS YOU TROPHY HUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D YOU KNOW IM JOKING MATE! NO ONE MORE LOYAL THAN YOU.THATS A GREAT SIDE YOU GOT THERE! WUDNT FANCY MEETING YOU LOT IN THE CUP! GREG & DAMO UP FRONT WILL BAG A FEW WITH YOU YOUNGSTERS IN BEHIND THEM!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD SEASON BUD.REGARDS TO THE LADS X :thumbsup:

Don't joke about it mate, that's why Im there hopefully. They have been set a challenge regards scoring totals, no one set me one though obviously seen me shooting!!

Still got the possibility of Wilksey to come back in as well, now the Extremely Silver Fox, to bolster the squad when he gets fit again.

Catch ya soon bud, nice to see you still slotting them in :thumbsup:

Guest Garry Kay

The Mawnan v St Day game was a keenly contested match.

Both sides were committed but there was nothing nasty from either side.

The best side won, but I take great encouragement from our performance for the first hour.

The youngsters from St Day showed great promise and will improve with every game.

Mawnan will be welcome in St Day for the return match.

Hopefully it will be closer.