Cornwall Football Forum

Ferdinand Leaves Utd

Sunderland have completed the signing of Anton Ferdinand from West Ham.

Ferdinand has signed a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light after the Black Cats agreed an undisclosed fee with the Upton Park side for the central defender.

The England Under 21 international underwent a medical on Wearside on Tuesday and he has now completed the formalities of his move to become Sunderland's ninth signing of a busy summer.

Black Cats boss Roy Keane believes Ferdinand will prove a valuable addition to his new-look squad.

"We needed to strengthen our defence and Anton is a great signing," Keane told the club's official website.

"He's still young but he has over 160 games under his belt so he has experience, he's learning his trade.

"He'll bring quality and competition for places which is what we want, hopefully we can take him to another level here at Sunderland.

"He has come through the ranks at West ham and maybe just needs a change."

Ferdinand admitted it was a wrench to leave Upton Park, but revealed Keane played a big part in his decision to join Sunderland

"It was hard leaving West Ham because I have been there for 16 years but after meeting Roy Keane I knew it was time for a chance," said Ferdinand.

"This is a great challenge for me and I feel it is an exciting time at Sunderland. I think the move will do me good.

Nothing to do with the 50k a week he demanded when negotiating a new contract not so long ago then

(It was hard leaving West Ham) :SM_carton: bollocks was it money talks in football and now he is on 60k a week why would he give a toss about the West Ham fans that supported him for the last 16 years

Still at least we got 7-8 million for him and I still say that Rio is a far better player, its funny because

During our dire 2006/07 campaign and soon after Curbs took over, he was apparently ranting at the players at half time during a typically shocking display.

The players should have been humble and accepted how wank they had been performing all season, but when Curbishley threatened to offload underperforming players Snoop Dogg (Ferdinand) piped up and challenged Curbs to "name names."

Curbishley turned round to Snoop Dogg and shouted in his face "you."

Bearing in mind this is the same defensively inept, street thug, US jetting, lying cheating scumbag whom brings disgrace to the Ferdinand name.

Sunderland will soon see what a pile of shit they have bought and will be regretting their action big time.

For all of Curbs' public show of affection towards Snoop Dogg saying he didn't want to sell him, I for one think he sanctioned the deal behind the scenes when silly money like £8,000,000 was being talked about.

Guest crosser

as a West Ham fan its a sad state of affairs, ok Anton isn't as good as his brother but when you hear the amounts of money the club and curbs have sanctioned in wages on the likes of Lunberg(spelling), Boa Morte, Davenport, Quashie....etc surely someone who has performed for the club over the last 4 seasons should be entitled to some as well???

I wish the guy well and i'm sure he will get a warmish welcome back to the Boleyn.

Personally I think the irons have a very tough season in front of them all of curbs signings up to this point have been shocking and if we are lucky we might manage to avoid the drop providing we can stay clear of injurys but with ashton, parker, bellamy and dyer in the squad that pretty unlikely.

Cheer up you Mighty Irons supporters, you still have Calum Davenport and Matthew Etherington. Also, if you want, we can give you Stalteri, Rocha, Dawson, Zokora, Jenas, and the footballing messiah that goes by the name on Hossam Ghaly.

The offer is there fella's, it's upto you :c:

Coopsie my old friend, hope your well mate i see your sense of humor has not failed you but what you say could become reality as it would be just like us to buy such quality players and thats very worrying mate.

I have a bad feeling about this season, If we get injuries like we had last season we could be back in the coca cola league before you know it. :(