Cornwall Football Forum

Russian Invasion.

Roman Pavlyuchenko has pulled out of Spartak Moscow's Champions League qualifier.

He is in the advanced stages of signing for Tottenham Hotspur.

Andrei Arshavin is a close friend to Pavlyuchenko,and it is beleived one would not sign

without the other.

Thank god for the Russian invasion.

Then we can send the Bulgarian packing to the Mancs.

Roman Pavlyuchenko has pulled out of Spartak Moscow's Champions League qualifier.

He is in the advanced stages of signing for Tottenham Hotspur.

Andrei Arshavin is a close friend to Pavlyuchenko,and it is beleived one would not sign

without the other.

Thank god for the Russian invasion.

Then we can send the Bulgarian packing to the Mancs.

You REALLY think Arshavin will come to the lane?. I'm almost certain that our chance has passed to be honest.

I think this country should put a hold on bringing in Russian players for the moment.

Why? I presume your talking about the conflict over South Ossetia that was caused by Georgian military aggression?

Pavlychenko and Arshevin are top players and belong in the top league in the world. Good luck to them in the Premiership, they should make things even more exicting then they already are in the Prem.

It would be a massive (if not criminal) shame if quality players (and individual human beings, i might add) were forbidden to play in the Premiership because of the political actions of their home nation.

:c:

Who cares about who is invading who, we've all seen these stories before and with me being a long suffering Spurs supporter, I wont believe a word about any player joining my club until I see them on the OFFICIAL Tottenham Hotspur website, shaking Juande's hand wearing a Spurs shirt.

Too much shite been said in the past people..

If Arshavin declines to come to the Lane.

News is Spurs want Huuntelar.

Like the sound of that one.

Got a feeling about Chelsea.I can see us getting something.That could kick start the season.

If not,the pressure will be on against Villa .

This may sound strange to a few of of you Yids out there but despite his record against us, I was hoping Berbatov would remain in a Spurs shirt until Sunday's big match as I feel he is the sole reason for your poor start. The effect one big timer wanting out can have on a dressing room let alone a club can single handedly destruct what a manager is trying to create.

And lets be honest here, he has wanted out since the beginning of last season and no matter what goals he scored during last season he cannot of had a good effect on the morale of the team. Not to mention that just maybe if the deal had been done last season would Spurs still have Defoe, Malbranque and in my opinion their best player Keane still at the club?? Obviously if there is no deal on the table that suits both Spurs and Man Utd and Berbatov and his agent then he is stuck there but the whole issue has hardly been handled well in the interests of the current players and the fans.

Are the Yids a buying or selling club? Are they heading in the right direction? Are they fooling their loyal fans with false dawns such as Ramos being their new saviour? Can anyone be sure?

Anyway, gotta agree with you Somerset Spur that if he's cleared out by Sunday then it could just be the right game to kickstart your season. Here's hoping not!! :smiley20:

Oh dear Coopsie I'm afraid it does matter who invades who but this is not the forum for political postings.

But it does raise a point about the millions of pounds that are being drained out of our country through players, agents and owners EVERY WEEK that is very thought provoking. It is time for us to remind oursleves that every foreign player that comes here for megabucks is another nail in the coffin of the England team. And who helps pay for it. The suckers who are the SUOPORTERS

I think I'm right in saying that the Japanese players cannot leave until their season is over is it December/January. And no I would not like to see a Russian player here.

A part from 1 point.What a pile of shit you are going on about the Russians.

Players coming to these shores from other countries do put nails in Englands coffin.

But why blame the Russians.Players from other countries have been coming here for years.

Bringing politics into it is way off the mark.

Israel's conflict with Palestine,yet we have Ben Hiem + Beneyoun.?

The Balkan War.How many Croations are here.

Falklands,any Argies played in England?

So give it a rest,because politics and football dont mix.

The thread is about Spurs maybe signing 2 players from Russia.

Not the political correctness of a country.

somersetspur I have been a Man U and Spurs fan for more years than you probably have been born. Please help me with the names of top Russian players who have made it in England.

A part from 1 point.What a pile of shit you are going on about the Russians.

Players coming to these shores from other countries do put nails in Englands coffin.

But why blame the Russians.Players from other countries have been coming here for years.

Bringing politics into it is way off the mark.

Israel's conflict with Palestine,yet we have Ben Hiem + Beneyoun.?

The Balkan War.How many Croations are here.

Falklands,any Argies played in England?

So give it a rest,because politics and football dont mix.

The thread is about Spurs maybe signing 2 players from Russia.

Not the political correctness of a country.

:clapper::clapper:

I see we have got Pavlyuchenko somersetspur and apparantly Real Zaragoza's president is in London to discuss the transfers of Diego Milito and Sergio Garcia (who?)... Also silly rumours that we are to sign Diarra from Pompey for £12million and even bid £2million for Michael "brittle bones" Owen??.. God knows what's true or paper trash but I can't bloody wait until midnight tomorrow and the bloody transfer window is slammed shut.

ECLP how the hell can you support the Mancs and the Yids ?

If you are a Mancs,surely a top class Russian winger should come to mind.

As for length of time supporting the Spurs,I expressed on other threads,

that I was born early enough to witness the great footballing talent of the

double winning side in the 60's.Beat that and fair play to you.

Coopsie ,I agree if we sign every player linked with us,we would have a squad of about 80

Berbatov must be going.Another rumour is Spurs want 25 million+ Frazier Campbell?

As said before,got tickets for the Villa game,I expect to see a few more new faces.

I'm afraid somersetfan I am a football fan and I enjoy watching good footballing teams. I am not a fanatic, I just love this great game of ours. I became a United fan when I was 6 old and a Spurs fan a few years later through the Danny Blanchflower and Bobby Smith era, the 1961 league and cup double and so on. And yes I do remember that great player Andrei Kanchelskis, who in fact was born in the Ukraine. Spurs like Man U played a great brand of football. I of course being Plymouth born and bred supoport my home team and that is how it should be. But I'm afraid I'm not a fanatic it is not in my make up.

The team to watch if they play to their potential is Arsenal, they have been playing at times the most fantastic football for years and yes I would go and watch them. But I would still want Spurs or Man U to beat them.

As I have said before fans are great when the team is winning and somebody else is paying the bills, a true fan is someone who follows the club through thick anf thin and accepts the ups and downs. My son in law has been a Spurs fan for donkeys years, buys all the new kit for him and our grandson and gets to a game if he is prepared to pay a weeks wages to do it. And funnily enough he has a soft spot for Man U

Hopefully that answers your rather odd 'How the hell can I support both teams'.

I see, your a football fan.Fair enough,not got a problem with that.

But dont tell me your a Spurs fan,who like the way Ar5ena1 play football.

No true Spurs supporter,would lower themselves to praise the scum.

Coopsie,told you I had a feeling about the Chelsea game.

Great point.That will kickstart our season now.

I must admit I am glad I am not blinkered. What gives you the right to say I am nopt a true fan just because I like the way Arsenal play. I thought those dark sad days had long gone, Obviously not.

And yes I was pleased with the way Spurs played today and thoroughly deserved their point. Now we know why Keane who has gone and Berbatov who looks as if he is. Ramos has to be praised for wanting to play his way and certain players do not fit into his plans. Its not to say they are poor players but they are not exactly what he wants at the club. I'm not so sure that Keane will be a success at Liverpool but I honestly think Berbatov will be another Cantona at Manchester United simply because of the quality of the players around him. As far as Roman Pavlyuchenko is concerned I hope he is a success and it could just be what Juande Ramos needs to kick start Spurs season, who knows. As for Chelsea they are fast becoming a one trick pony. Without Didia Drogba they seem to have no focus or plan B. A bit like Liverpool with Torres.

Im afraid when it comes to Spurs and Ar5ena1,im blinkered.

I think you would be suprised at the anti Ar5ena1 reaction from the Tottenham faithful.

Numerous chants against the club,manager and various players,which has gone on for years.

Spurs fans dont like Gooners.

The North London derby is always something special.

On your other points.I agree with you.I think todays result will get our season up + running.

As for Chelsea + Liverpool being one trick ponies.Agree with you.

Robbie Keane will not win the scoucers the league.

Have watched him many times.A good to average player at best.

Great and worth 20 million.No way.

Anyway,hope you enjoy the season,with Spurs providing lots of great football with success,

then we are both happy.

COYS.

somersetspur, you were indeed right about the Chelsea game, nice one fella, make a few more predictions please because you seem a lucky sod ;) .

I see we have Corluka signed and sealed now :D , Pavlyuchenko was only £13.8million :thumbsup: and we have had an improved bid for Arshavin turned down :( . Hopefully we'll sort that by midnight?. Any others you know may be coming as a last minute surprise?.

Ramon Calderon has just said on Five Live that Madrid won't be bidding at this time.

Suddenly Fergie goes from thinking he's got Spurs over a barrel to having his City rivals show him how things should be done, by having a bid accepted and THEN talking to a player, not turning his head and then hoping to get him on the cheap by telling him play him to throw his toys out of the pram at his current club.

I still think that Berbatov will hold out for Man Utd, but I hope Spurs don't bend to Fergie and his band of arrogant toss-pots at United, and accept a lower bid than the one we've accepted from Man City just to get rid of him. If United don't come up with the asking price, and Berbatov thinks he's too good for Man City, then I pray will let him rot in the ressies til January.

Exactly, surely United are digging their own grave regarding the case that Tottenham are bringing against them for tapping Berbatov up?

How arrogant can a club be? :angry:

I say chuck'em out the Premier League and see how Berbatov likes playing for his 'dream' club in the Championship!!!

Glad to see our club on the same wavelength! :thumbsup: -:

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.com/2008/...ig-trouble.html

If this is true ,and Spurs have only given permission for City to talk with him.

What a total disregard to Spurs by that slag Berbatov and the bloody Mancs.

It has been rumoured the Mancs wont allow him to talk to City.What f--king arrogance.

Meanwhile the heads of the Premiership +the F.A. sit back in thier Ivory Towers and let this happen.

If the slag ends up at the Mancs.Watch the spineless buffons do f--k all,except a slap on the wrist.

Berbatov is catching Mr Campbell as the most hated ex Spurs player.

If this is true ,and Spurs have only given permission for City to talk with him.

What a total disregard to Spurs by that slag Berbatov and the bloody Mancs.

It has been rumoured the Mancs wont allow him to talk to City.What f--king arrogance.

Meanwhile the heads of the Premiership +the F.A. sit back in thier Ivory Towers and let this happen.

If the slag ends up at the Mancs.Watch the spineless buffons do f--k all,except a slap on the wrist.

Berbatov is catching Mr Campbell as the most hated ex Spurs player.

Agree 100% about those at the FA doing exactly that, "sweet FA" if this is indeed true. How much longer can this club continue to dictate to those apparantly above them without ever being reprimanded or punished?.

I'll tell you what I most certainly am not liking at the moment, even more than the Berbatov being tapped up AGAIN.. The growing speculation that Emile f***ing Heskey could be on his way to Spurs. :angry2:

Yeah, that might just turn my day on it's head.

I think i'd rather 'tms no9' than 'wigan no9'!! :P

If we sell Berbatov and bring in Veloso & Huntelaar in the next 3 hours, my enthusiasm for the season might come back again!

Coopsie i agree with you and others totally! The Fa or Premier League chiefs wont do anything against there precious boys in red IF the allogations are true about Spurs not giving any consent for Man Utd to talk to berba! (havnt we heard these complaints about taking Real Madrid to court over similar matters from a certain Sir Alex!?)

Again i say IF its true, blatant rule breaking on the most obvious level, to be fair punishment should be a points deduction and not a fine as what is the point in fining the likes of Man Utd or Chelsea etc as its a drop in the money ocean for them, hit them where it hurts i say.....but like we have already said the FA will not dare do anything and let UTd have there way as normal!

On the Heskey note Coopsie, wouldnt panic too much, just heard apparently Aston Villa have just bid for him lol